“A private place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Whisky Bar 44

Whisky Bar 44
Ranked #48 of 1,141 Restaurants in Bratislava
Cuisines: European, Scottish, Bar, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Staré Mesto
Bratislava, Slovakia
“A private place to relax”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Whole place has a very private atmosphere so sitting next to you perfect drink (they have truly a huge offering) while having your cigar down in the vip saloon, will let you forget about all things in the outer world. Totally Scottish. Great and very helpful staff. Highly recommended!

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
praha
“Really excellent!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very nice place with pleasant staff. Excellent food and big choise of whisky!! We tried the national scotish food - haggis. It was excellent.we can recommend it to all visitors of Bratislava as the number one!

• Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was a little nervous when I went to lunch at Whiskey Bar 44 around 2 pm and no one was in the restaurant. I ordered the roasted chicken breast filled with prosciutto, dried tomatoes and basil sauce and omg was it amazing! I got the side of grilled vegetables and there were so many vegetables cooked to perfection. I wish I discovered Whiskey Bar on my first day in Bratislava instead of my last!

Charleston, South Carolina
“A great lunch”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stopped there for lunch based on TA reviews. We were very happy we did. I had cream of mushroom soup and chicken with mushroom sauce and a salad for the entree. The soup was wonderful, warm and tasty. The chicken was excellent the salad was full of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. My wife had risotto, which she liked, but she would caution that risotto in Slovakia is more like rice for Americans. The only criticism I have is that they do not have local beers on tap. My wife (who is a Scotch lover) had to look at the liquor offerings. She said they were terrific. The place is quite small with the restaurant in the basement. The main floor has wonderful couches for people to sit and have a drink. There also are a few couches in the basement in a room adjacent to the restaurant area. For us, this is an easy place to recommend.

Priors Marston, United Kingdom
“Worth it's position as Number 1 !!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We visited as a group of 4 on 28th Oct 2013 as part of my wife's birthday celebrations and chose it after reading the reviews on Ttrip Advisor as we wanted somewhere really good. What a FANTASTIC place !! We had some drinks including a whiskey or two as we chose our meals in the ground floor bar area which has wonderful seating with walls adorned with all things 'whiskey' and a whiskey menu to die for!! The barman was even in a kilt!! Once our table was ready we were taken downstairs to the restaurant area which is cosy and nicely decorated. The food was absolutley OUTSTANDING and my fillet steak with whiskey sauce (of course!!) was stunning. Our group had the chicken dish and shepherds pie as well and all were excellent. Sticky toffee pud was dreamy!!!! Really glad we visited and so worth it's excellent reviews on this site!