“You will love to stay here”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“You will love to stay here”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

5-th stay in Bratislava this year and all perfect and consistent. Nice and friendly front desk staff, room upgrade always easy for Diamond Members (you will usually get the suite with plenty of space!). Nice touches in the room include nibbles/cakes and water.

Small spa with pool and fitness are never overcrowded, so you can relax in rather quite environment. Restaurant oriented in Tuscany cousin has recently changed the chef, but quality of the meals and the overall dining experience stayed on the same level. Breakfast, quality of which is constantly high, is managed by welcoming and friendly team - you will receive a delightful welcome each morning.

Room Tip: Go for Suite or Deluxe Room - prices are very competitive. Or use the fraction of your HH points - t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Martin,

thank you very much for being our guest at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava and sharing your nice review with fellow travellers. We're happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay comfortable.
Hope, we'll have a chance to welcome you back again.
Have a safe travels.

Ludmila and the DoubleTree team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Staying at a chain hotel is a safe way of making sure that you will get what you pay for, Doubletree by Hilton in Bratislava is no exception. Nice and clean rooms and a typical modern hotel. Staff is nice and friendly and their car service is excellent. The hotel is located close to the airport and It just take a few minutes by car into the city center.

They have a fully equipped gym with a Sabai (Thai) Spa. I had an aroma massage and It was a little bit disappointing. The massage therapist just soaked me with aroma oil and then she just rubbed the oil around, pretty much no massage at all. There was no relaxed feeling about it and usually you would get a few minutes after the massage to "wake up" but she just said "ok done" and then making me sit up.

Overall a good hotel which I can recommend while visiting Bratislava!

Mrs K

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your review with us.

It was a great pleasure for me to read that our hotel meets the usual high standards of international Hilton hotels. However, I was very disappointed to learn that your, otherwise enjoyable, stay was marred with the experience at Sabai spa.

Sabai spa is outsource company, we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I will definitely forward your comments about the massage to the owner of the studio.

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton for your stay.

Yours sincerely,
laxenburg, Austria
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My family fell totally in love with this hotel. The rooms we got (OK, they were Hilton Honors rooms) were huge and we got wonderfully large beds for each of us (and we are many....: 3 big beds per room plus a baby cot, and still leaving a spacious room behind), huge TV, Very modern, beautifully designed and furnished, impeccably clean and well setup. The gym is something I have never seen in a hotel in any of the 6 continents I have been around in hotels - the equipment are really professional, there are many of them, and many small things (such as big exercise balls, great mats, instructions and ideas for different exercise routines) that facilitate physical refueling while away from your own opportunities.

Breakfast is probably great, too - a huge variety. It was just very frustrating that dishes were restocked very very slowly if at all. so having empty bread baskets, empty (all) milk containers, many vegetable bowls, for close to an hour makes breakfast more frustrating than if there was limited choice by design. for instance, for the app. 1.5 hours we were there, they baked no more than 15 pancakes, 4 of them were so burnt that they were inedible, that was very disappointing for our children who are crazy for pancakes for breakfast.

Another thing that I was a bit disappointed about was that the water quality of the pool was not so impressive, it seemed that instead of changing the water they clean it with chemicals. this was also disappointing because it is such a beautiful pool, really nicely designed, lit, with great surroundings, but I did not dare using it while pregnant.

All in all, it is an excellent hotel and excellent value for money; but I really hope the management will fix these two unfortunate shortcomings that unnecessarily frustrate the otherwise very happy travelers to this hotel!

Room Tip: Do not know about other rooms, but the Hilton Honors rooms are really extremely spacious, very nicel...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for recently staying at DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava and for sharing your experience with fellow travellers.

It was a pleasure for me to read, that you felt comfortable in your room and that you remained highly satisfied with the beds. I was very delighted to read your praising words about your stay in our hotel, especially about the well equiped gym.

However, please accept my sincere apologies and regrets for your breakfast experience, as you described in your review. Rest assured, that your experience was certainly not a reflective of our usual high standards and that proper actions with the Food and Beverage Manager had been taken.

We're very sorry that you were dissapointed with the water quality of the pool. I can assure you that our maintenance department performs daily check-ups on this issue. However, your comment had been forwarded to the attention of our Technical Director.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in our property in the future as we would very much like the opportunity to prove to you, that your experience was an exception rather than the rule and that we can indeed do better.

With best regards,
Harden-Murrumburrah, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular Hilton stayer. From the moment of contacting DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava until,our check out this morning EVERYTHING has been superb and beyond the call of duty for DoubleTree. Thanks Ludmilla, Martin and everyone who helped us. Martin you added a 'hometown' touch that we really appreciated. Your advice and care helped us make the most of our time in Bratislava. The service we received I'd expect of a full Hilton Hotel. You have done Hilton proud!!

Stayed November 2013
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your nice review about the stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava. It is always pleasure when expectations are met and guest give us a feedback such as yours.

Furthermore I will personally make sure that your positive comment regarding the helpfulness of our staff will be shared within the team; The ambition of all our team members is to provide professional service.

We are here to always provide you with consistent, satisfying service and that is a promise. We are so glad we were able to accommodate your needs.

Thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you, again.

With kind regards,
bradislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

my wife and I where very happy with this Hotel, we came late at night, and the staff of the Hotel was super and helpful with all the questions that we asked,and the room was clean, and breakfast was super. Agust A Iceland.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay at our hotel and for sharing your experience with fellow travellers.

We are happy to hear that our hotel staff made your stay comfortable. We are glad you enjoyed our service and our amenities, fully.

On behalf of our hotel, we thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava for your stay. We are looking forward to welcome you at our premises again, soon.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 October 2013

everything as like stay in your own place . every one who works in the hotel kindly . I don't know what else I have write. but I felt great during my stay in the hotel . I have no idea whu the minimum have over 200 characters . I will give this a -

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear valued Traveller!

Thank you very much for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava and for posting your review about it.

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you remained highly satisfied with the hotel facilities.

The whole DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava will be looking forward to hosting you again in the future, and I am sending you my kindest regards,
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel is situated in the suburbs of the city, within easy reach of centre by taxi and well serviced by buses. It is convenient to airport, and is used by airline staff. It is modern and fitted to a high standard. Staff are pleasant and being a hilton"gold card" holder i was upgraded to a suite which was both comfortable and finished to a high spec and spacious with seperate social area and bedroom.
Breakfast was excellent in variety and quality. I was slightly concerned about the location prior to arrival, in terms of convenience,but in hindsight i wouldnt let this deter anyone, as this is an exceptional hotel with leisure facilities accessible to residents.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review about our hotel.

It was a pleasure for me to learn that you found the location of the hotel convenient for you and you had a great stay with us. Moreover, I was delighted to read that all facilities and services met your expectation.

I hope you will consider the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava the next time you are staying in the area.

With kind regards,