“Perfect ”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
“Perfect ”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Good location, staff superb, breakfast really surprising. Rooms were great and views nice. There are restaurants close by ; walking distance ) and the area is very safe. Swimming pool was very nice ( could be a little warmer) and attention to detail as well. Was good to find a bible in the room and have it in several languages. Highly recommended

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank PilikaiHawaii
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Madam/ Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava.

I was delighted to learn that we were able to meet your expectations and provided the service and accommodation of high quality as you are used to receive at the Hiltons, all over the world.

Moreover, with great pleasure I was reading your comment about our superb staff, perfect location of our hotel and tasty breakfast. Thank you! :-)

I hope that we will have the pleasure to host you again during your next visit.

Ludmila and DoubleTree team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Slovakia
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night since we went to a ball that took place in the hotel. The cheek-in was very quick and the staff friendly and helpful. The room is nice but quite small, however for the purpose of our stay it was ok. We had a problem to find a parking place as the majority of parking lot was reserved for the offices residing in the building. The breakfast choice was nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava for your stay and for sharing your experience with us.

I am grateful for your positive and nice words about friendliness and helpfulness of our Team.

Concerning your comment about parking facilities, I have to admit we have a limited parking capacity, especially during special events or concerts held in our hotel. However, we always try to provide as much parking space as possible in the neighbouring parking lot.

Despite this, I hope you enjoyed your stay and had a great time during the annual ball.

Ludmila and the DoubleTree team
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Booked two nights, perfect location for the Arena Ondreja Nepelu (Slovnaft arena). Basically next door. It is very nice clean hotel. I was checked in early by a nice receptionist which was very helpful and appreciated. Very nice lobby and corridors. The room was also amazing,room 804, spotlessly clean, nice smelling, big with a huge window, large bathroom, fridge, ironing facilities and everything I needed. Houseekeepers were very nice and helpful too. The whole stay would be amazing if there was not a faulty heating. The air condition which was supposed to heat the room up was broken. After the second call to the reception and asking for a room change, a maintenance guy was sent to my room to fix it. I had to turn it off cause it blew only very cold wind and it was really unbearable. When the maintenance worker came he told me it did not work because it was switched off. Lol. He fixed that so it was working for the whole one hour! Next morning I had to wake up to a freezing cold room again. I reported the problem again saying I needed to return to a warm room after the whole day of queueing in front of the arena in the freeze I was promised it was going to be ready but nothing was done. The air condition blew only very cold wind. I decide not to report itvany more because no one listened. So I was freezing both days of the stay. I loved the hotel but this made my stay uncomfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Valued Traveller,

Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It was a pleasure for me to read that you consider our hotel to have a good location and that you found our rooms well maintained and comfortable.

However, please accept my sincere apologies and regrets for the fact, that your stay was marred by faulty heating as described in your review. Moreover, that our staff was not able to fulfill your needs once you came back to them and reported this issue. This is not the level of service we strive to provide, therefore, please rest assured, that proper follow up will be done to make sure we improve on this point.

I hope, that despite your experience, we will be able to host you in our hotel again in the future, and in the meantime, I am looking forward to your returns and wishing your all the best.

Ludmila and DoubleTree team,
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Easy to find, great parking.
Disabled friendly.
Large lobbey, very polite check in, gave us fresh cookies.

Large rooms, very clean, great Italian resturant in the lobbey, polite and good room service.

A very nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear sir, madam,

Thank you very much for staying in our hotel and for posting a nice review about your stay.

I was delighted to read, that you had a comfortable stay with us and that you remained highly satisfied with our facilities and our famous italian restaurant.

It will be a big pleasure for us to host you again in the future. Should you need any assistance or help, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Vysoke Tatry, Slovakia
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed in the hotel for the weekend. The overall quality of services was qood. The hotel has an excellent location and I recommend this hotel to others even there were a small details that can be improved. The rooms are big and nicely furnished. Our room had a little dirty carpet, scretched table, one light in the room was not working. The bathroom has a little red spots in the shover. The breakfast is good even I was missing dishes with fish, no salmon, no trout only smoked mackerel and sardines. My wife is a person with disabilities, even I asked at the reception about discouts concernig parking I was not told that the parking is free of charge for people with disabilities. I was charged for the parking for two days and by chance the other gest told me we should be not paying. When I talked to lady at the reception again she canceled the parking fee. Besides these small things the overall impression was good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 January 2014

New hotel , well equipped, very comfortable rooms , friendly and professional staff, spa and pool very welcome for relaxation! Got a fantastic deal through travel republic for two room for four people which included breakfast. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time and sharing your review with us and other travellers here on Trip Advisor.
I was delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and that you found our facilities comfortable. Moreover that our staff seemed to be helpful and friendly, and our amenities did suit your expectations.
I would like to assure you that your appreciated remarks will be shared with the entire team.

Thank you for staying at our hotel, we are looking forward to your next visit.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed in the wheelchair accessible room in Double Tree Hilton, Bratislava in September 2013. This modern hotel is beside the Ice Hockey Stadium and 6km from Bratislava airport. The accessible bedroom and bathroom are spacious with adjustments made for wheelchair users. The wardrobe is fitted with a pull down clothes rail for easy reach; there is a tilting bathroom mirror over the sink and a wheel-in shower with shower seat. However, as you can see from attached photos; from a wheelchair user’s perspective the sink surround is extremely high making it difficult to use and towel rail beside the sink can be obstructive.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Ludmila T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us. We do appreciate it.

Thank you for alerting us to issues concerning the height of sink surround and towel rail beside the sink in our wheelchair accessible room. Allow me to mention that all of our wheelchair accesible rooms were designed with respect to the requirements of disabled people.

However, I can assure you, that we will take a closer look and will follow up on this matter by constantly checking and comparing the comments of other travellers.

Hope you enjoyed your stay with us, we are looking forward to your future visits.

Ludmila and the DoubleTree team