“wish I had stayed for longer”

LOFT Hotel Bratislava
Ranked #5 of 94 Hotels in Bratislava
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“wish I had stayed for longer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Only stayed here for 1 night while visiting Bratislava wish I had stayed longer. Originally booked it while it was still called the Abba and I think it was more expensive when I booked. The hotel is fantastic with lovely reception, bar and wine bar. Bedroom good quality with nice lighting bathroom and bed. The Fabrika bar is great and good value breakfast is also served there. Situated just out from the old town it is about five minutes walk from the Presidential Palace and another five from the old town. Will stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Glennyd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I am a regular patron and like the hotel and it's restaurant but oh my goodness management has to sort out the front desk. Firstly the check in takes far too long and secondly can you please teach your people to smile and greet customers. Put yourself in the shoes of the business traveller arriving after a long day. All we want is a friendly smile and our room key. Neither happens here. Your reception is unfriendly and every visit takes too long to get into the room. Please

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bruce H
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We decided to stay at the Loft hotel for our 2 nights in Bratislava because of its convenient location half way between the train station and the Old Town, and it was a great choice. It is a very modern hotel, very well appointed and tastefully decorated; the restaurant is reasonably priced and pleasant; and it offers a free basic mini-bar. The location was as good as we'd expected, the service was great, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our one quibble was that the air conditioning in our room didn't seem to be quite cool enough and was rather tricky to operate, but we were quite comfortable once we opened the windows. The hotel is very reasonably priced for the amenities it offers, and we would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Annie101_11
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very modern and clean hotel. Good breakfast.Very spacious room in our family room with proper beds for all (not sofa beds) and a separate seating area. Toilet/nappy/potty changing facilities very good in Reception area. Staff very efficient and friendly. Fantastic value for money. Only slight downside for us was the free mini bar. Peanuts very awful. 2 strange tasting beers, 4 waters and a pepsi. Would have preferred wine choice or more soft drinks. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I spent two nights at LOFT Hotel, and was pleased with my stay.

Upon arriving I had an incident that left me disappointed. I had taken a five minutes’ taxi drive from the bus station, and the driver somehow fixed the metre. Right before we stopped it was €6, and seconds later, it was €25. When I refused to pay that amount, and wanted to speak with the hotel, he almost wrestled me and started screaming. The outdoor restaurant is just 10m from the street, and two of the waiters saw what was going on. If it was not enough that a 23 year old girl travelling solo had her arm almost pulled out of its socket, I actually screamed for help twice. But they did nothing, just exchanged looks and pulled away. I ended up paying – the suitcase he held hostage was worth much more than €25. I was quite shaken when I got to the reception, but when I told them about the incident they just gave me some standard phrases like “€25 is very expensive”. Later I learned that these “taxi sharks” are common in Bratislava – so watch out…

Apart from this incident, the hotel was great. Everything seemed cool, new and stylish. Thumbs up for that! My room was large, modern and spotlessly clean. The Internet was fast and reliant, the air-condition worked well, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom featured a large bathtub. The minibar is free of charge, with beer, soda and water. The hotel is located on a quiet street, but only 10 minutes’ walk from the Old Town and 15 minutes’ from Hlavne Namestie and Bratislava Hrad. There is a Billa Supermarket five minutes’ walk, on left from the Presidential Palace. I also recommend the park behind the Palace – it is the perfect place to chill out in the summer heat. When I returned to the bus station I took the bus just in front of Billa (either #206 or #208).

I did not try the breakfast, nor the restaurant. I would definitely recommend the hotel based on the location, modern room and very reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank TheSuitcase
Jyvaskyla, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Absolutely a very positive surprise! Really nice, clean place, breakfast was so good, beds were comfortable and don't forget the free mini bar! I highly recommend this hotel when staying over night in Bratislava. Loft Hotel is in walking distance from the old town. They have their own parking garage, we paid 18 euros per one night per one car.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel really was faultless during our stay - fantastic style and very contemporary. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms are spotless, free drinks minibar on arrival, fantastic food in the hotel restaurant. there really is nothing bad to say about his hotel, one of the very best I've visited!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephen B
Zuzana G, Manager at LOFT Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor. We are very proud to hear that you were so satisfied with your stay at LOFT, especially with the comfort, style and restaurant.
We are looking forward to your future visit in our hotel.

King regards,