“Short stay, but definitely recommend”
Review of Juraj's Hostel

Juraj's Hostel
Juraj's Hostel
Bordeaux
“Short stay, but definitely recommend”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Our time in Bratislava was unfortunately brief, but Juraj made us feel very welcome and comfortable; he met us at the train station (despite our protestations), settled us in, gave us a map and all the information we needed, and has great local knowledge. He was also very accommodating of young kids. The hostel is a bit quirky, but it's cheap and friendly, and has a great vibe. I would definitely recommend it and hope to stay again soon. It's not a flash hotel, but they are pretty much the same everywhere, whereas Juraj's is kinda unique.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Botkyrka, Stockholms Län, Sweden
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Juraj's Hostel is, like people have said not the highest standard but it's cheap and the necesary stuff like bedlinnen, internet, kitchen, toilets and showers (and a Bratislava map) are included.
I also heard about a laundry-machine even if I didn't use it myself.
What really makes Juraj's place special in of course Juraj himself.
He is a very kind and generous man who gladly will help you our with all your Bratislava needs and he makes you feel very welcome at his place.
If I ever go to Bratislava again I will no doubt be staying at Juraj's.

oh, and the rabbits are soo cute!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 8 February 2012

As a peripatetic English teacher here in Slovakia, I always stay here when I am working in Bratislava. It is comfortable, there are lots of kitchens, not just one shared with a million other guests and Juraj himself is very kind and knowledgeable. It is the nearest thing I have to a home out here. It's not as 'flash' or 'funky' as some hostels in Bratislava but it's in a perfect location to get everywhere you need to get to and Juraj's knowledge, not only of bratislava, but of everywhere in the region, is helpful and seemingly endless! The washing machine is free which is a godsend. If you want a party place this is not it but if you want a home from home to get a good night's sleep and then explore Bratislava this is the place. There are a variety of rooms from dorms to private. The internet is excellent.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Keep in mind this is a hostel, not a 5 star hotel. There isn't a pool or free breakfast or anything like that but he does have both private and common rooms, a kitchen and cute bunnies. But for those of you traveling on a budget and looking for something a little different, I'd suggest checking out Jurag's hostel. Jurag is a very nice and friendly man and will be more than welcoming and helpful. I arrived in Bratislava after only a few hours of sleep the night before and there was no response at the door despite having made a reservation. After giving up and lugging my suitcase around the city in the rain for over an hour, I eventually found Jurag's number. He was more than apologetic about the situation (he had put someone in charge who had moved the doorbell alarm and thus couldn't hear the bell) and even allowed me to stay in an even nicer room FOR FREE! He gave me a map of the city and even helped me find my train the next morning. I'd really suggest staying with him. Book and advance and let him know when you are coming though so there isn't any confusion.

Room Tip: I stayed upstairs in a room with three beds and a nice television. There were boys downstairs in a t...