“Service needs improvement”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Carnevalle was my local colleagues' suggestion. I made a reservation through their webpage which I really found useful and easy. We were a group of 10 people and when we arrived, they told us that they didn't receive the request. They have a large interior thus we were able to find a table, try to phone them and don't risk your dinner if you are a big group. We ordered and it took so long even for the starters to come. We needed to ask for several times to several waiters, even go to the kitchen and be a bit pushy. At the end we gave up and asked for extra bread. Their excuse was the 2 groups they have (which was around 30-40 people or so) and we were the only table in the big inside area. The food was ok but nothing special, especially thinking about their prices. At the end of the dinner, the waiter offered us some complimentary desserts which I found very polite but still this restaurant won't be my destination in the following trips to Bratislava.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have spent yesterday evening in a new (at least for us....) restaurant in Bratislava, located in center (Hviezdoslavovo nám. 20). The resturant has an internal area which is divided into two part by the bar, and an external area just for the spring and summer period located exactlz on the suqare.
The restaurant offer an avarage choice of meat (too few to be a steak house as the name drive to think to) and fish.
We have opted both for tuna fish with a side dish of grilled vegetables and, as starter, king shrimps and a carpaccio.
While the starters were served very soon, the main dish took somewhile (more than 40 min) to be server and the restaurant was not so crowded.
The staff is kind even if too busy (running all the time), the meal were good, tasty and well served but the bill was too expensive.
At the end our final score is average, nothing particular but even nothing so bad (bill a part).

3  Thank MassimoBarberio
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I had stopped here with our tour from CR to Hungary. We had stopped for lunch and what caught my husband's eye was the slogan outside," Nice to meat you". Well nice to meat you indeed!

The atmosphere is nice and was very clean. The waiter took his time and explained the different cuts and the sides and brought us some of their mint lemonade. It is a bit pricey but to us, it was worth it. The meats are cooked without fault and seemed to melt in your mouth. When we FINALLY got to Vienna, we thought about catching the train back to Bratislava just for Carnevalle! Too bad it's so far away or else we'd love to frequent more often!

1  Thank RockinMomLA
MiriamBK, Owner at Carnevalle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your time in our restaurant and we would be more than happy to welcome you back again.
Your Carnevalle team

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Me and my wife had dinner in this restaurant. We've never been to Bratislava and we've chosen the Carnevalle because the menu outside sounded very nice. Everything was excellent: The food, the wine and the atmosphere.The service was very friendly and discreet. If we come back to Bratislava, we would visit the Carnevalle again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The restaurant is situated in a good location close to the Old Town. Whilst the quality of the food is good and the service adequate there are far better restaurants in Bratislava. In my opinion the restaurant offers very poor value and is extremely expensive for what it offers. I wanted to have a bottle of wine with my dinner but the wine within the menu was prohibitively expensive so I made do with a beer!
Better value for money can be found elsewhere.

2  Thank runub