“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Sydney, Australia
“Great stay”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The accommodation was fantastic. Staff were excellent and the location was great. The free mini bar is a nice touch although we did not really take advantage of this. I would highly recommend people stay at Marrols whilst visiting Bratislava.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is a charming hotel, with nicely-appointed rooms and good amenities. The staff is wonderful, very helpful. The toiletries are nice (though I wish they had provided conditioner), the wifi is free, and the minibar is complimentary. The breakfast is nice, and you can't beat the location!

Room Tip: Ask for a room farther from elevator, as it was a bit noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Munich, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed 22 May 2013

It was already our second stay at the Marrol´s Boutique Hotel. The Hotel is conveniently located about 5 minutes walking from the historic city center of Bratislava. When entering the hotel one feels taken back to roaring 1920´s, only with all modern amenities. Our double room was on the third floor. It was not very spacious but tastefully furnished and immaculately clean. Free WiFi was available in the whole hotel. Upon request the receptionist even provided us with a free netbook for the duration of our stay. One evening we had dinner at the hotel´s Messina restaurant. I had the best veal breast ever and my wife enjoyed the traditional Slovak “bryndza pierogi” dish. The very attentive waiter recommended a fine bottle of Mrva&Stanko wine with the food. We were pleasantly surprised to find another small bottle of the same wine in the complementary mini bar in our room. In the morning the restaurant doubles as breakfast room. The breakfast buffet was rich and tasty. The personal was always friendly, helpful and professional. We look forward to our next stay!

2 Thank Traveller_Gerhard
MonicaBratislava, Front Office Manager at Marrol's Boutique Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Guests

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at Marrol´s Boutique Hotel and would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on Tripadvisor.

Your feedback is much appreciated and has been shared with all our colleagues.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Marrol´s Boutique Hotel.

Kind regards

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My husband and I spent a long weekend in this excellent hotel. The staff were efficient and very friendly and could not do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was superb with a huge variety. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. Free mini bar was refilled daily. The location is excellent with all the historical sights of the old town in easy walking distance. Would certainly recommend this hotel . We would love to come back.

Room Tip: Our room was a the back overlooking a terrace and was very quiet.
ottawa
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed only one night at this hotel but this place has it all. Great location. Friendly staff. Nice rooms. Great breakfast. Great attention to detail. Place looks immaculate and elegant. Can't imagine a better boutique hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Marrol's nro 1 rating here must be some kind of self-feeding and defeating hype phenomenon. During my one-night stay this weekend, the staff was friendly, but for the few small requests I had I had to wait for 15-20 min before anything happened. Eg in the morning when I finally after 20 minutes waiting got tea bags delivered to my room, they were not the kind I had asked for and sweetener was missing (explanation: "I couldn't find any"). The room was small and so musty that my eyes got red and itchy during the night. Aircon was so loud that it was a better alternative to keep the window open (and listen to people yelling in the street). Breakfast met 3-star hotel standards. What I appreciated was the free internet access and minilaptop. Minibar was complimentary, but the content was mediocre - and difficult to grasp if you don't understand slovakian.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank kiviko
MonicaBratislava, Front Office Manager at Marrol's Boutique Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear guest,

It is a pleasure for me that you chose our hotel for your stay in Bratislava and thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Our guests‘ comments are a great source of inspiration and improvement for us.

Our hotel guests highly appreciate the hotel cleanliness and it is one of our strenghts. Unfortunately, from your feedback I cannot identify what exactly caused that you named our hotel as you did.
Let me answer only the particular issues of your review.

I regret that you had the problems with the preparing of your in-room-tea early in the morning and I will personally take steps in order to avoid similar situations. It is true that our single rooms are on the smaller side. As you have seen, our hotel is a historical monument building in the city centre.
Our hotel service is ready to regulate the in room aircondition to a silent operation. Unfortunately we did not receive any information from your room.

Regarding the breakfast I would like to inform you that we have just finished the audit about guest safisfaction. Our breakfast was highly rated. All our guests inputs will be implemented in the new breakfast model.

I was a little surprised with your opinion regarding in-room minibar. Our quests appreciate that the minibar is complimentary and offers refreshment including Coca-cola, mineral water, grape soft drink, wine and beer as well as a small snack. You are right, that some labels of the products are in Slovak language. We will add to the minibar the list of the products in English language. Thank you for this inspiring remark.

Kind regards
Seattle, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Marrol's is a fine hotel that's trying hard to be elegant and stylish. And it prices itself as if it were a Paris boutique hotel. But it isn't. My room was cramped and looked out on a ventilation shaft. The shower in the bathroom was the only one I encountered in 3 weeks in central Europe that I couldn't figure out - it was just not user-friendly. It's the only hotel I stayed at that charged for Internet access. It's the only hotel that turned off all the power when I left the room - the room key turns everything on, so taking it with me turned everything off - so I couldn't recharge my netbook or phone while I was walking around.

The breakfast buffet was filling and varied, and newspapers were available. So that was a pleasant experience. Nothing exotic, but it was fine.

The hotel is set a few blocks from the Danube and near the National Theater, but with no views of either. The hotel itself, though, is in a completely nondescript area with little charm or interest. There's just not much nearby in the way of restaurants, coffee shops or stores.

Bratislava itself kind of wants to be Paris but turns out to be more like what I remember of Richmond, Virginia - a somewhat interesting historical section that can be walked in its entirety in a couple hours, on a nice river, surrounded by industrial, residential and commercial areas. It's fine, I guess. But I wouldn't call it charming. And on the Saturday night I stayed in town, there seemed to be a fair number of groups of drunken men at various restaurants. But on the other hand, the place was pretty well shut down by 10:00 p.m. I won't feel compelled to have a return visit; there are other, much more interesting places to go.

Overall, not that bad - but at Paris prices I expected something special, and this wasn't it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
MonicaBratislava, Front Office Manager at Marrol's Boutique Hotel Bratislava, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Marrol's Hotel Bratislava. Your invaluable feedback is important for us to continue to deliver the ultimate service our hotel became renowned for and exceed the expectations of our guests. At the same time, I was concerned to read that in some aspects you were not completely satisfied and I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for any shortcomings that you experienced.

I noted your comment about the shower and rest assured that I will personally review this with the Housekeeping team. Furthermore, I wish to address the charge for Internet access, since a misinformation must have occurred in this aspect. We are pleased to provide our guests with Internet access free of charge since the opening of the hotel and we are extremely determined to continue this complimentary service especially due to the needs of our business as well as leisure clientèle. In addition to the complimentary breakfast and free minibar, as well as home made cookies, welcome drink, drinks on the summer terrace included in all rooms, it is one of the ways we aim to maintain the added value at competitive prices.

I was concerned to read that the location of the hotel did not meet your expectations. While it is true that the hotel is located in a quiet zone a few streets from the central downtown, we are always happy to advise about the best sightseeing routes and restaurants either in the direction of the historical centre or the River bank, which offer a plethora of shopping, leisure and tourist activities and are a short walk (within 7 minutes) from the hotel. I regret that on this occasion you were not provided with the same information and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Marrol's boutique hotel again and we will have a chance to restore your confidence in our service as well as the offering of Bratislava as a city.

Kind regards,