“Lovely hotel, great location”
Review of Tatra Hotel

Tatra Hotel
Ranked #38 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed here for only one night but wish we could have stayed longer. Great location, good breakfast and surprisingly spacious rooms. Secure parking next to hotel (12€ per night). You can keep your valuables in your room safe. Unfortunately, the wifi is available only at the reception. Would certainly consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Choose room with balcony - great view of the castle :)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank captured0803

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Hotel is in the center of Bratislava what is great, in 10 minutes you can come to anywhere in the city! Saff is very pulite (in the hotel bar, reception) and rooms are comfortable.
But, this is hotel with 4 stars and we expected wi - fi in rooms and that was not case. Also, cleaning ladies didn't clean, they just made bed and brought new towels. After second day staying we left out of toilet paper and until end of our staying there they didn't brought new one. No bar in the room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Hi everyone!

I stayed in this hotel for week. Everything seemed quite good: tidy rooms (with the exception of thick layers of dust on heating elements in the bathroom), tasty breakfast, perfect location. The problems started when I somehow needed to involve the staff. This was a huge mistake: unfriendly, not reliable, not flexible at all.
The second time I wanted to stay there they charged me with whole sum in advance and then when i didn't receive the visa, they refused to be loyal to me and just said: go to hell, the penalty is the whole sum for 5 night!!! (which is 320 euro). Front desk manager even didn't even try to be flexible and suggest those variants that will suit both of us; she suggested only those that were good for them.
To sum up, Tatra Hotel won 320 euro and a spare room to sell in December, but lost many night in advance where I and my friends and family could stay.
Dear friends, use international hotel - at least you will have the chance to be heard if some problems occur.

Room Tip: Never ever choose this hotel, go with the international ones!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ELENA E
Reviewed 2 October 2013

good accommodation and good breakfast. most staff were pleasant except for certain barman who seemed to put less wine in my glass than the other local customers. He did not smile as much as the other staff. We only had one drink as it was not a nice atmosphere.
I would recommend this hotel for its very good value for money.
Very clean and tidy.

Room Tip: I asked for another pillow and they brought one to my room straight away so ask if you need one.
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The Tatra is a very good hotel located 5 minutes walk to Old Town Bratislava and all it's Amenities. The Old Town is a wonderful walking place where reasonably priced Bus/walking Tours can be hired and the Architecture and restaurants are superb! Don't miss the Slovak Pub on your way to Old Town. Great food and atmosphere with fast very good service. About 10 minutes from Hotel. We ate there both nights. The Hotel has very good rooms, is quiet and has comfortable beds.Internet must be connected with cord supplied by desk but sometimes is intermittent. In the Lobby WIFI is good. The secure, on site parking is a bit pricey at 12 Euros per nite but a must! The Buffet breakfast is superb. Maid service should be improved and some things didn't work ie Bar Fridge and soap dispenser. Maid did not clean room until late afternoon and only after some prodding.

Room Tip: I think they would all be similar.
Reviewed 27 September 2013

When I arrived internet in my room was not working. the remote control for TV was not working. The next day it was repaired, but when I arrived next day to my room - the room was not clean!!!! It was 6 pm. I asked for cleaning my room, but the answer was - sorry, there is nobody, who can clean your room. In a hour came to very old ladies clean my room, told me, they are sorry, but they were too busy during the day and could not clean my room.

When my assistend called to the reservation manager to get any discount for this horrible service, whe was told, sorry, it is not true, It is not happend.

What to say more?

Ok, room was, nic, nice bathroom.
quit poor breakfeast like in 3* hotel. servis like in 2* hotel.

Room Tip: if you need wifi, choose rooms up to 4th floor. from 5th floor is only cabel internet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tomáš B
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Whenever in Bratislava we usually choose the small but beautiful hotel Marrol. It was full. So as an IHG member we looked at the Crown Plaza. However what put us off was the exorbitant fees to park our car in their garage: 34 Euros per day! So we looked for another 4*-hotel nearby and found the Tatra hotel, actually just over the road from the Crown Plaza. From outside not the most beautiful sight, however inside it was up to the standard of any good hotel in a large town, The bathroom was almost of 5*-standard. They told us that the rooms have been renovated and we were astonished that the tiles in their bathroom, as well as the toilets came from the top designers Villeroy and Boch, the toilet flusher from another rather expensive producer, the Swiss company Geberit. So we were totally satisfied with the room we stayed in, but would like to say that it did not face the mainroad and was therefore very quiet. It is therefore important that you request a room not facing the main road, which is very noisy at all times. Sometimes (we found one night in the two we stayed) one can hear some noise from music in their restaurant, but it is not loud.
The garage next to the hotel was reasonably priced for Euro 12 per day and the room inclusive breakfast and free internet connection was about half the price you would have to pay in any of the big-name hotels.
Speaking of breakfast: this was indeed not 4*-level. the hot part of it was quite oily and the two days we stayed, the food was the same every day. Also the breakfast room was rather like a canteen.
To add it all up: For the price we paid, the hotel was indeed worth to stay at (after all you usually only sleep there and do not need a large sitting room) and all the sightseeing could be reached on foot. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back yard and not being too near to the music played at night