“Old hotel renovated into the HI chain”

Holiday Inn Bratislava
Ranked #32 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Madrid, Spain
“Old hotel renovated into the HI chain”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This hotel is quite old and a little worn, although it will offer you the basic HI standard at an affordable rate. On the plus side the staff was very helpful and kind, and the room I had was spacious. It is not in the city center so be prepared to take taxi or your own car if you stay there. Parking is free next to the hotel. On the downside, cleaning was not done at a reasonable quality, I could see layers of dust on my desk.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bratislava, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear kevinvives,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I'm glad to hear you found our staff agent to be friendly and helpful. We're proud of our staff. However, I apologize for any inconvenience the housekeeping services may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Good hotel with nice rooms, good front-desk service, and Holiday Inn dependability.
Swimming pool, bar, and Slovak breakfast all passed muster for me.
A tip: it's not in Outback of Bratislava, but it's also not terribly centrally located. The hotel can call you a taxi, but I did that and was charged 15 euros, when something like 10 would have been more appropriate. (I lived here for 7 years.) This isn't the hotel's fault, but be sure the meter is on.
Other than that, absolutely no complaints. I would recommend this hotel for a business stop or a short stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Lucia H, Sales and marketing department at Holiday Inn Bratislava, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we gladly passed your feedback on to our staf. We hope to welcome you soon again at Holiday Inn Bratislava.

Thank you and best regards.
Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel with me friend for two nights.
First nice surprise was free parking. We had smoking room. Reception told me that ashtray will be in room.
I didn’t found it so I call reception. Within 3 minutes was astray in our room and as apology we received big plate of fruits. In central Europe something unusual :)
I enjoyed this stay. Quality was very good. It is typical quality of holiday inn hotel however with Slovak extra added value.
I really recommend this hotel. It is really good value for your money.
Breakfast was delicious with variable choices.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Lucia H, Sales and marketing department at Holiday Inn Bratislava, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your positive comment.We are happy that you vere satisfied with our service and you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.
We would be glad to welcome you back in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Our travel agency for a group of 76 people for a tour of Central Europe selected this hotel for our stay in Bratislava. Before the trip, I read many reviews with complaints about this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by our stay in this hotel. The room was clean and breakfast decent. I did not use the spa and did not mean to comment on the location since I was on a bus tour. Receptionist was polite and professional.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucia H, Sales and marketing department at Holiday Inn Bratislava, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Madam,

thank you very much for your positive comment. As we always do our best to satisfy our customers' needs we appreciate every positive reaction at our service.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Stayed here this week, and I can say that this hotel is a great business hotel to be in. Staff are very helpful and you have everything you need to keep you delivering your work, whilst on the go.

I even asked to send faxes from hotel reception, and they were very responsive and attentive to my needs.

once again well done Holiday Inn Bratislava

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Lucia H, Sales and marketing department at Holiday Inn Bratislava, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your positive comment.
We are delighted you found the team to be so pleasant during your stay because providing our guests with great service is one of our biggest priorities.
we will pass on your compliment to the reception staff and we hope to welcome you soon again at Holiday Inn Bratislava.

Thank you and best regards.
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We got this stay using our priority club international free nights.

My first comment is that this was the fastest check in I have ever experienced. I showed them my reservation and passport and they gave me the key instantly, in like 1 minute!

The hotel is a bit old but the quality wasn't bad. I was glad they had free wired internet in the room. I googled many of the places I wanted to visit in bratislava.

We stayed for 3 nights and it was good overall. Free parking is nice to find in Europe.

I just wish breakfast was included in the room but in the end, these nights were free.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Lucia H, Sales and marketing department at Holiday Inn Bratislava, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are pleased that you were satisfied with our service and we will pass on your compliment to the reception staff. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.
Pune, India
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Good property for business travellers. We had a 12 hour stopover in Bratislava and chose this property.

Decent value for money although the location is not ideal.

Clean rooms and helpful staff. The property seems a bit aged though.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Lucia H, Sales and marketing department at Holiday Inn Bratislava, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are happy that you were satisfied with our service which is always our goal to reach. We would be glad to welcome you back in the near future.

Thanks and best regards.