“Would have been perfect had there not had been an all night wedding reception on.”
Review of Hotel West

Hotel West
Ranked #53 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Our one night stay here in may would have been perfect, staff lovely ( they let us use there computer as the guest one was broken), room clean and nice( had a small fridge with couple of drinks in which was handy), had a bath which was a bonus, nice free toiletries ,comfy bed with lovely soft pillows, great location in the forest with pretty walks, good breakfast......... All was so good until the evening, the peace and quiet got ruined a wedding reception was going on, don't get me wrong I don't mind any one enjoying themselves but the loud thumping music lasted all night till 6am! We complained a couple of times in the night but there was nothing the man behind reception could do, he asked them several times to turn it down. Found out when we got home that sometimes the Slovak weddings can go on all night so I think we were just unlucky. On the whole it is a lovely hotel, well worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucia M, Manager at Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. As the restaurant is separated (managed by different company) we always try to find compromise to not limit each other -this time it limited hotel guests so we already made some new contracts and agreement and I hope it will help to avoid this situation to repeat. I also appreciate that you told also positive sides of our Hotel. Best regards!. L.

There are newer reviews for Hotel West

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Great hotel for the cheapest value. Quite, cosy, friendly hotel in the middle of forest. Free parking. Ideal for travelling by car. The room was really very clean, big and comfortable. The breakfast was rather simple but you don t feel hungry after it. I definitly recommend this hotel to people travelling by car as the parking is free and if you have navigator you don t face any problem in finding the hotel.

Room Tip: You can book any room at the cheapest price as all rooms have forest view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2013

- nice, quiet and clean hotel located in the middle of the woods;
- only 10 minutes from city center by car;
- very helpful and friendly staff;
- very decent hotel restaurant is above Bratislava average (I recommend also to try nearby Schoppa Restaurant);

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucia M, Manager at Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you very much for your time to write a review. I appreciate every review and especialy the positive ones make me feel happy because it reflects our work and motivate us to be better. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 11 February 2013

on top of the moutain kamzik, in the middle of the forest but very nice hotel in west part of slovakia and 10 min from center of bratislava!
Thank you for the nice time in your hotel
Quiet hotel 10 minutes from city center by car. Great choice if you come to Bratislava by car. Very good value for money, considering extremelly high prices of Bratislava hotels. I like the possibility to take short walk in surrounding wood after all day spent at meetings but still beeing close to the city. Rooms are all right - means matching price. Breakfast slightly above Bratislava standards but still well below Vienna standards. Tip: If you don't have a car or are party animal, stay rather in some city center hotel - but than be ready to pay 50-80% more for the same quality.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank FranzE1
Lucia M, Manager at Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear client, thank you very much for your positive and objective view on our hotel. We will keep working on our services to have as much satisfied guests as possible. Lucia Mojzisova

Reviewed 21 November 2012

I’d like introduce Lucia who is manager of Best Western Hotel West.

About 2 weeks before, my colleague and I visited to Best Western Hotel West in Bratislava.

At that time, we went to wrong Hotel which it was not the hotel we have booked. The wrong Hotel was located in the woods on the top of some mountain that we have to work with our baggage for about 20 minutes more after get off the bus.

Actually, when we were struggling to find our hotel asking for directions along the mountain trail, though mistaking wrong hotel for ours, we really had a hard time, but the surrounding scenery was magnificent.

We didn’t know that there were two hotels in Bratislava similar name with before we got the wrong hotel(Best Western Hotel West). The Hotel we have booked(Best Western Hotel Antareas) was located in the middle of the city. But the tourist information center guide have informed us the wrong hotel’s location without any comments of another hotel we have booked. Maybe she didn’t know another hotel similar name with.

So, we were really perplexed when she(Lucia) said that we arrived at the wrong hotel. However, she’s warm and beautiful smile and kind explanation, she’s kind deed of quenching our thirst, she’s warm-heartedness of giving us a ride to the bus stop, and she’s willingness to take pictures with us, though we were strangers… all these kindnesses that cannot be easily experienced in foreign countries made us deeply moved, and with this overwhelming impression, we came back home.

If I have a chance to travel around Bratislava in the future, I will definitely stay in Best Western Hotel West, so I can repay she’s kindness a little. She will remain as my unforgettable friend in my life.

So, I would suggest that everybody visit to Best Western Hotel West. If so, you can meet beautiful and warm-hearted woman who she is the Manager of Best Western Hotel West.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Lucia M, Manager at Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you very much for such warm words! We try to do our best for all travelers - even they do not stay in our hotel :), I hope I see you soon in our hotel, Lucia

Reviewed 19 October 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Martin B
Lucia M, Owner at Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Thank you very much for your evaluation. I appreciate it because every respond help us to understand guest ´s needs and do our job better. Best regards Lucia M.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

It was great hotel.I come back.Very quite,personal very hapefull.Hotel is only 10 minutes from city center.Internet +++!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Lucia M, Manager at Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Dear guest, thank you very much for positive feedback.
We will keep working on our business.
Hope see you again in our family hotel!
Lucia Mojzisova