“Everything we wanted and more”
Review of Hotel Devin

Hotel Devin
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
London, United Kingdom
“Everything we wanted and more”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I went to Bratislava with a friend for the two day festival and wanted to spend a day viewing the city first. We arrived at the hotel at 10:30am and were told that check in is not usually until 2pm but that our rooms would be ready at 12pm. I immediately thought ok no problem we can have a look around the city a bit, grab a coffee. The receptionist then said but you are more than welcome to use the spa facilities until then. Obviously that was a much better choice. The spa facilities were amazing and everyone was so polite and attentive. Our room was stunning, it overlooked the river Danube with a cute balcony. The rooms were comfy and had everything you need and if it didn't the hotel staff would do their best to make sure you did. Overall a great place. P.s. the thai massage is the best I have ever had.

Room Tip: I would say book online and not at the hotel reception. The price is double. My friend and I booked...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Layla O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Hotel has great location, super friendly staff that is very helpful. It is a great place to stay!
During my stay ( I stayed twice at this hotel in the past 12 months) I met nothing but friendly accommodating staff.

Room Tip: Junior suite is well worth the extra $ Front rooms have busy street noise, but it is balanced by su...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed in one of the executive rooms on the 5th floor. It's worth the extra few euros in my opinion. 2 balconies over looking the Danube. The room itself was very nice and big. Toilet room separate to shower room. I think the TV was 50inch smart tv with a few English speaking channels. All the other cons you'd expect from an executive room were provided and good quality. Mini bar, tea/coffee making facilities, bathrobes, safe

I used the gym and pool area. Not many machines but enough for me and most people I'd say. We rented out the squash court which was good fun. I thought this was a little expensive €12 for the court and an extra €5 for the racquets.

The breakfast was typical continental breakfast. It didn't stand out from any other breakfast I'd had from other hotels so was average in my opinion.

The lobby bar was nice. I'm a non smoker but in most places in Slovakia you can smoke inside so I was a little bit worried I'd stink like cigarettes if I went inside for a drink but they have a constant air con system similar to the casinos in Las Vegas that seems to suck the clouds of smoke away.

Staff were pleasant enough. On one occasion though my wife was asked to sit in the main restaurant for breakfast as she was alone (I wasn't feeling well so stayed in bed).They said the wanted to keep the tables for larger groups even though the breakfast area was half empty. She ended up sitting alone in the French Restaurant having breakfast.

WiFi was very good throughout the building.

Very close to old town. less than 5 min walk. The hotel is worth its 4 stars

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you will hear the trams and traffic go by if you have a room facing the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Relayponey
hoteldevin, Manager at Hotel Devin, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your positive feedback, we appreciate your remarks and recommendations for other guests. We are trying to provide our services on the top level to make our guests absolutely satisfied.

Let me explain the situation which happened during the breakfast and you mentioned it in a negative way. We have a beautiful luxury French restaurant and in case of a high number of guests especially when we are waiting for bigger groups we open it and offer a table for some guests to make them feel comfortable and to have calm breakfast in this magnificent place. We are so sorry that your wife perceived it like a disadvantage.

Besides this we hope you enjoyed your stay in Hotel Devin and we can welcome you again in your next stay in Bratislava.

Adriana
Ireland
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed top floor in a suite huge room telly and bed. Toilet separate. Everything what you need.
Spa and gym bit small
Room with balcony and danube view the windows are not really soundproof you will hear the tram
Lift is soooooo slow
But all in all we had a great time staff is friendly hotel is really clean

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Comfortable hotel. Staff friendly and professional. Good varied breakfast. Balcony looking out on the Danube worth a little extra. 100 metres from the Old Town. Room was clean and bright. good wifi free.

Room Tip: Go for the balcony with view over the Danube.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lonipod
england
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel Devin is set on the banks of the Danube and overs a great view over the river. Request a high up riverview room if possible. We stayed in 310 and that was perfect.
We walked from the train station (about 20 minutes) as we couldn't work out which tram or bus to catch to the river but I am sure there are such things! The hotel is a five minute walk from the old town and its attractions and about 15 minutes stroll to the castle. You are also very close to the boat pontoons so easy to get a trip to Devin Castle, Vienna or Budapest. This hotel had the best buffet breakfast I have had in Europe with a wide choice of pastries, fresh fruit, meats, cheese and even baked beans!!!. There is also a wellness centre with pool, sauna, steam room and plunge pool which was very welcome after a day of sight seeing. Massages are available too. There can be a bit of road noise from the trams going past, and at the weekends you will hear music from the bars on the river, so if you're a light sleeper bring earplugs. All in all, spotlessly clean, attentive and friendly staff and beautifully restored very recently, Hotel Devin would be my number one choice for a perfect Bratislavian stay.

Room Tip: room 310 is a riverview
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank collymarps
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located just a very short walk to the sites and restaurants of Old Town. The hotel rooms are decent size with modern bathrooms and many rooms have balconies overlooking the Danube River. There is an indoor pool, squash court, and fitness center. Massage services are available at additional cost. The included breakfast was wonderful. The American Embassy is steps away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor overlooking the Danube
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple