“Expensive hotel, with no additional value.”

Radisson Blu Carlton Hotel, Bratislava
Ranked #13 of 92 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Unfortunately my hotel where I will stay always was fully booked, so I was told to book Carlton.I have to say, location is perfect, but that is all what hotel can offer, for such high price it is only bed what they do have, breakfast is hell of expensive, parking not included and with small discount it is still more expensive than leave car at the Prague Airport for one week ;). No for sure will not come again. Entrance is nothing, as already someone mention when you are coming from parking you could end up in Casino, no clear where is lobby. There are better hotels in Bratislava to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Czexican
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Carlton Hotel, Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear guest.

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your latest stay in our Hotel.
We are very sad that your experience with us didn't meet you expectations and was, let's be honest, a big disappointment.

I would really want you to come back to us so that we can prove to you that we are much better than what you experienced.

Please feel free to contact me directly when planning your next trip to Bratislava, and I will personally assist you with the booking and make sure that you will have a nice stay with us.

Email me on: robert.holan (at) radissonblu.com

I genuinely hope to hear from you and to welcome you back with us soon.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Carlton Hotel, Bratislava

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Carlton hotel is good, but if you need sauna or spa,, they send you to Park Inn Danube with their card. Location is really best thing, and the beds are so conformable, cleaning lady was so nice, and food (breakfast) is delicious!!

Room Tip: Rooms that have view on street!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Carlton Hotel, Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear guest

Thanks a lot for your comments in regards to your latest stay with us.
We are truly delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast and that the beds made you dream well.

Let us know when you come back and we will be here to delight you and make sure that you will have another wonderful stay with us.

Best wishes from Team Carlton.

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

In town for business. Great location, but room seemed very three star because of older interior. Bath drain was clogged, so maintenance on the place is reactive and not checked as normal. Horrible to be standing in bath water. Decent breakfast, but very awkward service by staff as had to ask three times for coffee. If paying my own cash, would not return since so high priced. On business just check your drains and complain to desk right away. They try, but not a happy experience.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest.

Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us in December.
I'm really sorry that your bath tub drainage wasn't sufficient and that your experience didn't match your expectations.
We will do our best to sort out this issue for the future, as this is not a common problem I'm sure it should be able to fix easily.

Please feel free to contact me upon your next visit to Bratislava and I will gladly assist you with a booking.
Write to me: robert.holan (at) radissonblu.com

I wish you a great start of 2014 and hopefully it will be a successful year for all of us.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

located on the main street with the view on Christmas fair and walking distance pretty much everywhere. Great service, breakfast and dinner were delicious, spacious, modern and relaxing rooms, everything what a tired traveler would want

Room Tip: take the street view, it's worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank asmigi
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Carlton Hotel, Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear guest.

Thank you so much for writing about us.
We are happy that you had a great experience at our Hotel and that the service, breakfast and dinner were highlights during your stay.
We are also delighted that you liked the buzz around the Christmas market and the busy square. It's a great atmosphere and hopefully it gave you a bit of a Christmas spirit that you could take back home.

We hope to see you back with us soon, but in the meantime, relax and have a Merry Christmas and a fantastic start of 2014.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

The location was perfect since I was on a "musical holiday." The hotel is a two minute walk from both the grand Opera House and the concert hall, and the view of the square is an added plus. Everyone at the hotel was eager to offer first-rate service. The day before my departure I informed the reception that my driver would come to the hotel at 5:00 AM for transport to Vienna, and I would need help with my bags; I was assured that help would be available at that early hour. When I checked out I was given a bag with a club sandwich, fruit, juice and water; I was told that inasmuch as my reservation had included the buffet breakfast they were offering me this as a substitute: now that is service!

I am returning to Bratislava early next year and I look forward to another stay at the Radisson Blu Carlton Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Verdi7

Dear guest.

Thank you so much for writing comments about your stay. We appreciate the feedback and I will make sure that the staff involved will get the recognition as deserved.

We are truly delighted that you chose our Hotel and that you were happy with the service that we provided.

The Team is eager to delight you again when you come back to Bratislava.

In the meantime, enjoy the relaxing Christmas period and have a wonderful time.

See you in 2014!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We enjoyed one night here in October and found everything to be just perfect, lovely room overlooking the square and Opera House....very nice buffet breakfast and just a short stroll to the centre of Bratislava and the old town. Free wifi was a nice feature. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Carlton Hotel, Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear guest.

First of all, thank you for staying with us during your visit to Bratislava. Then I will also thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay.
We are truly delighted that you had a nice stay with us and that you enjoyed our Super Breakfast and our Free High Speed Internet.

We hope that your experience in Bratislava was so good that you will have to return soon.
If so, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will help you with accommodation and some nice 'hidden gems' in our lovely and exciting city.

In the meantime, have a relaxing and nice Christmas.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

The best thing about the hotel is it's location - very central to the city centre and old town. The hotel is nice in itself, but could be much better with some investment. The rooms are fairly basic, but good beds. The breakfast is very good and the staff are attentive.
Reception staff are helpful and pleasant but the concierge are fairly absent. The bar is a bit dark and dingy. All in all, it needs to be done up a bit.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Robert H, General Manager at Radisson Blu Carlton Hotel, Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable comments and feedback regarding your last stay.
Your comments will be taken into account when we are planning our operations for the future.
Thank you for taking the time to write about us, as this gives us the opportunity to make the best qualified decisions based on actualy feedback from our valuable guests.

We are also happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and rated our staff friendliness very high.

Thank you once again, and please feel free to contact me directly next time you are in Bratislava, so I can assist you with the booking.

Wish you a nice winter