Crowne Plaza Bratislava
Film Hotel(Bratislava)
  • Breakfast included
Old City Hotel(Bratislava)
View Hotel
All reviewspresidential palacethe club loungeold townplatinum memberbusiness hotelsmall poolexcellent hotelgood sizebusiness tripwell located hotelbreakfast staffthe heart of the citybars and restaurantswithin easy walking distancerooms are niceexcellent breakfastmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Crowne Plaza. The staff were incredibly courteous and friendly. the location of the hotel is not the best but Bratislava is not the nicest city around. The rooms were spotless and extremely modern. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark_Budapest_3
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

Good hotel for quality and position.
Employees are kind and nice,rooms are good.
The hotel is close to downtown,reachable walking in few minutes.
Breakfast is good, room services also.
Enjoy your trip.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed here with a colleague a couple of weeks ago on a business trip.

The reception staff were very welcoming and friendly, check in was very smooth. The rooms were very clean and the amenities were good. There was a coffee/tea point and some complimentary water available. The only problem that I had was that I found the pillows were quite flimsy - It felt as though there wasn't much there and I ended up sleeping on the pillow and the decorative cushion too - there may have been a spare pillow in the cupboard, but in fairness, I didn't check.

I asked for a wake up call when I checked in, and my colleague ordered one after we returned from dinner, my wake up call came as expected but his didn't unfortunately - they were very apologetic over the mishap and were keen to rectify things.

Overall I liked the Crowne Plaza very much and would recommend it to others visiting Bratislava.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Fallon P
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Generous breakfast, clean spacious rooms, Always smiling and helpful staff, lobby and reception are 5*, lots of pleasantly surprising details, fantastic location right in front of the Presidential Palace etc. The only disappointing thing is a very expensive parking.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Peter P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear Tigran S

Thank you very much we are delighted to hear your satisfaction with the facilities but even more with the level of service our staff is providing. We are performing regular checks of the parking prices in the city to be competitive on the market and we take every opportunity to review it. We do hope to welcome you in our hotel when the travels bring you back to Bratislava again.

Kind Regards,

Peter Pottinga

Reviewed 18 March 2013

The hotel itself is fine, the standard amenities that you find in Crowne Plaza hotels. However, this is the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in! There is a nightclub/bar directly below the hotel, and the sound carries throughout the hotel, making it impossible to sleep on weekend nights. We stayed Saturday through to Wednesday, and the noise went all night on Saturday and Monday (??) nights. Additionally, the staff are not at all friendly, and seem kind of put out or irritated.

There are two positives - location and the pool (which I believe we paid extra for, naturally).

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor have terrible sound proofing. Perhaps staying on a higher floor would help.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Peter P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear Erica S

Thank you for your time to share your recent experience in our hotel. We have taken numerous steps necessary to prevent noise travelling throughout the building however, regrettably,on this occasion we understand that the noise levels have not been appropriate and further investigations are taking place. I will be personally involved and will review the findings. If I can also kindly ask you for more details on your comments regarding our disappointing staff service and forward it to btsha.supervisor@ihg.com, so that we can take further distinct action on that matter too. I can assure you that, as you can read from the many other TripAdvisor postings, this is an isolated incident that we want to address immediately. I hope to hear from you soon.

With Kind Regards,