“great value”

Ibis Bratislava Centrum
Ranked #20 of 93 Hotels in Bratislava
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This was in the perfect spot, just a short walk to the castle and the old town plus the bus to the central train station was pretty much just across the road. If you are coming from the bus station suss things out before you go as it was a bit confusing and there was very little help at the bus station.The rooms were consistently Ibis; clean and comfortable. Service was pleasant enough and the breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
DOLINSKY, General Manager at Ibis Bratislava Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Bratislava Centrum. Kind regards, Peter Dolinsky

Write a ReviewReviews (1,541)

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed here for three nights on my third visit to the Ibis. Location is excellent both for trams from rail stations and short walk into old town or up to castle. I was very impressed with the room which was spotless and has been refurbished since my last visit to a pretty good standard. Receptionists were always helpful and friendly. Free WiFi in room and computer in reception which I used a number of times with no queue. Take bus 61 from airport to main rail station and change to bus 93 for short trip to hotel. Stop for 93 at rail station is in bottom right hand corner. Bus goes down a major road and then turns right at lights near Presidential Palace - get off at next stop and walk up road on right, very quick. Journey from airport to hotel around 50 minutes and buses regular. Opposite hotel is a small brewery and restaurant and old town only 5 minutes walk. If you turn left out of hotel and walk up hill you get to castle in 10 minutes but road is reasonably steep! I will stay here in future without a doubt.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Numberoneguest
DOLINSKY, General Manager at Ibis Bratislava Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Ibis Bratislava Centrum and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Peter Dolinsky

Reviewed 4 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 3 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Excellent location (a stone's throw away from the old town), excellent comfort levels (especially those pillows), excellent value for money (£18 for one night in 3 star hotel - totes amaze). Hard to fault: go there!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it was really well located and the price was the lowest of the very expensive hotels that exist in Bratislava.

This Ibis is very well located. You don't have to take any taxi or transport to meet the city and the most historical things of Bratislava.

The rooms are VERY little. They only have a bed, a bathroom, a very tiny closet and a chair, all in 20 square meters.

The beds are fine, and the pillows too.

The attention is bad. There are a lot of young women and you can see that they don't enjoy working there. They attend you without grace.

I would not return to this hotel, or either Bratislava.

The city is very little and it does not have many things to see or do. You can visit within few hours and come back. It's mot worth it to stay as tourist.

Aditional tip: If you want to go to the UFO or shopping malls, take the "Easy Taxi" line that costs only 5 €.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Deilur

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience of the hotel. Please be informed that all the rooms were built according Ibis standards. I have noted your remark regarding the receptionists which I will look into personally. Kind regards, Peter Dolinsky

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I was there for 2 nights with my boyfriend on the 29th and 30th of December. The room was great, really clean and quiet, warm.. the bed was unbelivably comfortable so were the pillows!! The location of the hotel was really good, really close to the old town and tram.
The only complaint I have to make is about the receptionists.. We arrived around 2 pm on Sunday and there were 2 guests checking in already for what we had to wait which is normal. When one of the guests left the receptionist never asked us if we needed help neither looked up at us or smiled!! Instead she kept looking down at her computer avoiding our sight focused in updating registration cards in the system (a few of them, not only the one from the previous guest) which took her quite a long time, maybe because her fake nails are too long?? 5 minutes later the other receptionist became available, the same story repeated but I didn't want to wait for another 5 minutes so I went to her and she seemed really annoyed by me!! She also asked us to leave a €20 deposit or a preauth from our cc to pay for the city tax. I asked her if I could just pay for it instead and she said I could. After giving me the key of the room she asked me the same question again but never asked us to just pay for those tax atraight away.
On departure the girl never asked us how was our stay, not even a how are you. Asked her how we could go to the airport and she told us to take the bus 61 buit she didn't know which tram we needed to take to go to the bus stop... I am the front office supervisor in a 3 stars hotel in Dublin and maybe that is why I look at every single detail related to the front desk but I can assure you those 2 girls will definetely not get a job in the hotel I work for.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I am sorry to hear that you didn’t find the service at our hotel up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on our staff training, so this is something I will be looking into personally. Kind regards, Peter Dolinsky