Arcadia Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Art Hotel William(Bratislava)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsold towndoor manstar hotelbeautiful hotellibrary barhistorical buildingsauna and steam roomexecutive roomperfect serviceexcellent locationfamily roomstayed for two nightsspa areamain squarequiet streetsmall hotelpedestrian zone
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Small hotel tucked away in old Bratislava . Staff are amazing. Food in the restaurant is superb!! Not an extensive menu but changed seasonally and chef is happy to amend any dish to suit particular tastes. A great dining experience. Decor is period chic in an amazing building!
Only downside is it seems to be a favourite haunt of American businessmen- business is for an office not a charming hotel like this!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Paulsmithcasty
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We spent two wonderful nights at The Arcadia in September. There is a lot that impresses you about this hotel. The hotel location is perfect and everything is in walking distance. The staff are all very helpful and nothing is to much trouble. The rooms are beautiful and spacious with lovely bathrooms ... and then hidden below is the WONDERFUL SPA - WOW what a treat!!! I also enjoyed a lovely massage that was orginised with very little hassle at short notice. The breakfast was very good and had lots of variety. I would highly recommend this hotel, you will not be dissapointed!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Just spent a very memorable wedding anniversary with my wife here and it really is a special hotel. The staff were always warm, courteous and went the extra mile with just about everything to help out. The building is beautiful and full of elegance and historic charm. The breakfasts are out of this world and the location couldn't be more central just off the main square.

A fabulous experience and can't wait to return..

Room Tip: some rooms have better views than others so always ask at booking.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had stayed in Bratislava once before, but on this occasion we were attending a business function that was to be held in the Arcadia, so we decided to stay there.
The first thing that impressed us was the location: tucked away in a quiet, pedestrianised street, yet within two minutes walk of the old town square. Then we entered the beautiful atrium with its stained glass ceiling and marble staircase. It is flooded with light.
We have now stayed there twice and on both occasions we were fortunate to be upgraded to beautiful, spacious suites. Like the other rooms in the building, these all vary because the hotel is in such an old building. This lends great character to the rooms. The first time our bedroom and bathroom were upstairs and we had windows in the sloping roof giving views of the castle, floodlit at night. Downstairs we had a small sitting room and cloakroom. The second time we stayed, we had a downstairs bathroom and a larger sitting room complete with fireplace.
Beds are large and furnishings are comfortable and of superb quality. Bathrooms are luxurious and spotlessly clean. The staff are so friendly, efficient and helpful. They speak excellent English and go out of their way to suggest things that might make your stay more pleasant e.g. one receptionist suggested I might like to take the train to Vienna one day to see the Christmas markets there. She told me the travel time and the price of the train ticket. Others have helped with printing and providing sticky tape when we needed to pack something. This makes it so easy to make the best of your time, whether you are working or on holiday.
The hotel serves excellent food in its restaurant and there are also many superb restaurants only a couple of minutes’ walk away. On both occasions we were fortunate to be there when the Christmas markets were taking place. Much of this is just around the corner in the old town square.
The Thai masseuse did an excellent job of relaxing my back and shoulders after the flight to Bratislava.
It is such a pleasure to stay there and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We spent 5 days at Arcadia hotel from Bratislava and I have found that the hotel is PERFECT. The lobby and the room are very intimate and, the bar is what I say that it is a perfect one. After a busy day I loved to have a drink and chatting with my friend in this very vintage bar. The personal is outstanding and very polite without being annoying. The breakfast was very good and varied. I was in several other 5 star hotels (popular locations in the world like Bellagio-Las Vegas) but I found this hotel the best.
Message to the Arcadia hotel: You’re doing a great job and if I will have the chance to come again in Bratislava for sure I will book my stay at your hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business