“Great food & Bad service”
Review of Slovak Pub

Slovak Pub
Ranked #27 of 1,225 Restaurants in Bratislava
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Cuisines: Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We went to Slovak Pub for a lunch in our daily trip to Bratislava. The place was very cozy and nicely decorated. We felt like having a lunch in a Slovak house.

We ordered beef goulash and halusky “without bacon”. It took quite long for waitress to deliver our orders. After a while, our order had come but o-oh beef goulash was on the table but instead of halusky a crepee was served. We sent it back right away. And second time, the halusky with bacon was in front of me. Again, I called the waitress to send it back but she rolled her eyes and said something that I didn’t understand. On the third try, I was able to have my halusky.

Although the service was really bad, the meals were perfect. Beef goulash was very tasty but comparing to the ones in Prague, the portion was quite small. It was my first time to taste halusky but it was very delicious.

With 2 glasses of red wine, we paid only 13 euros for a really good lunch! What a bargain!

1  Thank happilyeverafter0406

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Slovak Pub was so good we ate there 3 times always eating Slovak dishes, again the Pub owns its own Brewery and most of the food comes from its own farm superb atmosphere great staff.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

wonderful delicious garlic soup!!!! me and my Group loved it!!!
Even Wienerschnitzel and the apple pie ( Strudel) was very good! Altogether the dinner was abundant, tasty and good quality! good value for money!
The pub is not too far from Michal gate and it is cozy and comfortable!
The staff is very friendly and helpful even in satisfying absurd request of difficut customers!
Thank you !!!

1  Thank paolaimpe
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Nice interiors at the entrance. The pub was full so we had to stay at the smoking area, which is disgusting due to the horrible smell of cigarettes. Average quality of food, portions were smalls compared to the local standards. Good beer. To try once for the experience, not twice.

1  Thank budgeteurotrip
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This place in the heart of Bratislava was really affordable, with the price we paid here, probaby could not even eat a one person meal back home. Our tour guide recommended this restaurant. We took this menu for two, 3 of the dishes were all potatoes cooked in different ways. The portion was HUGE!!! We just 2 girls could not even finish half of the plate, and we were actually really hungry after the tour. They were all delicious, the taste was also very strong, the sour plate was just a little too sour for me.

1  Thank NumberThirtyFour