“Not what we expected”

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse
Price range: US$27 - US$38
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Staré Mesto
Description: El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse represent Slovakia in Bratislava established international network of restaurants El Gaucho. Restaurateur and owner Jonathan Himi saw prilezitost' to open the top steakhouse in Bratislava and constitutes
Naples, Florida
“Not what we expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were part of group of couples and had book large table to enjoy awesome steaks. I must say our experience was quite disappointing. The best part were some of the appetizers we had however the steaks were midiocre at best. Definitely not worth the $ or should I write Euros.

• Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Senec, Slovakia
“Great Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Although there are a few people who have made negative statements about this restaurant they are totally wrong and actually I have noticed the same people with negative comments all over Tripadvisor.

So point one, yes do not be surprised at the price Bratislava on the whole is an expensive place in comparison with other restaurants in the capital it is average where cost comes in. I take most of my clients there due to the atmosphere and they have all loved it and the food. You can pay between 20 and 50 euros for a steak but they average 300g and great cuts so the price is good.

If you eat there go down stairs it is perfect to talk as there is no mobile phone signal :) and I hate eating when people are talking on the phone.

I will agree that I have had better steaks but not in Slovakia and for all the moaning Viennes I have spent a lot of time there and the cost for a steak meal is higher and the quality rarely superior.

Anyway food taste like music taste is subjective two people do not always have the sane taste but give this place a go I am certain the majority will be satisfied.

BTW about the service the wait staff are always there but are not intrusive they check your tables, ask if your glass is empty and are genuinely polite and friendly, also the majority speak very good English. Maybe the other reason for negative feedback as on my last visit one German speaking business man was very upset that he must order in English!!! I am not a Slovak but I try to order in SK.

• Visited April 2014
Milan, Italy
“Mmmhhhh...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I love the argentinian restaurants but this si not the best I've tried....
The service si very slow and waiters not so polite.
The meat is average, nothing more and prices not in line with Bratislava (I spent 60 euro).
The remare better solutions in this town.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Steak it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

If you wanna eat a world delicious argentinian steak in Bratislava, do not hang around looking for long. El Gaucho is right into the upper corner of the central pedestrian old town square. Great steaks, good wines!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank The_Gourmand2014
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Truly recommend to visit this restaurant if you are in the mood for steak.
I had a scrimp appetizer that was good, but the steak was excellent the right temperature and was delicious.
The deco was a nice dark one and the restaurant is situated next to the wide pedestrian street leading up to the opera house.

Visited April 2014