“Fun for the family”

AquaCity Seasons Hotel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Poprad
Reviewed 12 April 2012

2 adults and 2 kids had great stay for 4 nights. The area is stunning and lots to see and do. The aqua park is lovely and we had great fun in the thermal pools. The ice room was cold! And the plunge pools literally took our breath away. Food is nice but basic. Rooms are clean and well thought out.
We would come again.
We would recommend this hotel to explore the local area from.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank rrcolin

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Very comfortable hotel connected with aqua park, staying there you have unlimited access to all aquacity parc attactions. Dont miss esspecially laser show every evening in Blue Sapphire pool and thermal pools outside. Rooms are clean and spacious, apart double bed you can ask for additional small bed for a kid. All necessary amenities present including pool bath-robe in various sizes (inlcluding small for kids). Very good breakfast buffet with big choice of food. We had also a dinner buffet - again very delicious and versatile with a lot of fresh fruits available. You can also drive with hotel shuttle bus to nearby Tatranska Lomnica Ski Resort. Only drawback in Seasons was a nasty sound of trains in the night. You can also rent a room in Mountain View 4-star hotel located in same building but apart of more design of the modern room all attractions are completly the same.

Room Tip: Ask for room opposite to Mayan Pyramide view - you will spare on trains sounds in the night
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hiszpan
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Great water park, if you stay stay in Mountain View rooms much nicer then the normal room, 20 euros more per night. The Hotel was nice and clean, I would not eat there there is a nice place to eat just 2 min away walking.

Apart from the water park you are in the middle if know where.

In July it is hot and the AC's are not put on, you are given a fan.

Room Tip: Mountain View Room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hugo h
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Spontaneously decided to go to Aqua City for a weekend road trip with the gf in the summer, we stayed here for 2 nights, it was quite boring. The water park is weak, there are no exciting water slides for adults. Hotel was clean, had a cheap feeling to it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mojohomer
Reviewed 9 September 2009

So we didn’t stay at the hotel but we went there for an all day trip. We have bought a vital ticket which is 24 Euros for 6 hours and we went there with our two children 3 year old and 8 months old. We were told at the gate that we cannot take the pushchair with us as this has been in the Aqua city rules from that day that no pushchairs are allowed in there. So we have got tickets but we cannot go in there. My daughters still sleeps during the day and obviously she isn’t walking yet so what to do how we can be there without a pushchair-it’s impossible. So we have called the manager and she told me that there is no way we can take the pushchair with us, my 3 year old started to cry because he thought that we are not going in and he was waiting for that day for over a month. So I said to her that we are going in and I will use the pushchair and also I asked her where is that new rule , where can I find in writing and she told me that she can’t find it-ridicules!!!! So we went in and on the end she told me that if we will unfold our pushchair there she will get some people who will take it from me and destroyed my pushchair- what the hell is that-customers service in Slovakia like always excellent. No way we are going there again. And I will make sure that every parent from Europe will see my review! Good luck AQUACCITY in POPRAD .

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank Patrycja84
Reviewed 23 October 2008

We wanted to stay at the aqua city hotel but it was fully booked so we decided to just go there for a few hours to enjoy the geothermal funpark. There are four options for day visits thermal, sports, blue sapphire, and vital. We got the vital package which included access to everything. I would not recommend the vital package as the wellness center was not very nice and many of the rooms smelled like sweat rather than the fragrance they were meant to. I didn't feel it was worth the extra money. The blue sapphire pool was very nice with bubble chairs that messaged your body from your upper shoulders to ankles with bubbles while you float in geothermal water. It also has a swim up bar serving drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. The prices were not outlandish for the drinks here. As it was late October most of the outdoor activities were closed but there was still one water slide open which was a blast to go down (yes even as adults). The geothermal pools were relaxing and we enjoyed going in all of them. They do not allow towel rental and you have to buy a towel if you don't bring one (150 SKK for a small one, 300 SKK for a large). The changing area is a bunch of little one person rooms and then the lockers are in a communal area for everyone. There are separate male and female showers though it seemed most people showered with their suits on. There were mirrors and hair dryers in the communal area as well so most people dried their hair in their suits and then went to change.

3  Thank anon62
Reviewed 10 October 2008

Wow is all I have to say about aqua city. My husband and I went here for our honeymoon in November and it was amazing.

The scenery was gorgeous, all the 4 star rooms have views of the mountains, there was snow everywhere and the hotel was great. I loved the outdoor pools, i highly reccomend using them at night while it is snowing, very romantic. The pools were not too busy especially in the evening.

The area is not great, but with a five minute walk you can be in porad which is a lovely little town.

Everyone is very helpful, although slight language barrier.
We would reccomend a trip up the mountain on the electric railway, it cost us 80p each for a return tickect and the views are amazing.

I would also suggest going to the restraunt in the old town near the church, cant remember what its called, but if you tell staff at the hotel where it is they will know what it is called as it is such a small place.

Went and watched local ice hockey match at the stadium, very cheap and women are completly free!

I would reccomend this hotel to anyone it is just a gorgeous place and so relaxing. Havent mentioned the pools as everyone else has done such a good job describing them.

Stayed: November 2007