“Good hotel for a price like that”
Review of Magnus Hotel

Magnus Hotel
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Kaunas
Kaunas, Lithuania
“Good hotel for a price like that”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

On arrival we were greeted by a receptionist who was kind, polite and professional. The room was spacious, bright, clean but noisy from the main street outside. A shame that there was no internet connection in the rooms which is kinda vital in these days. On the departure the other receptionist was not in a good mood and could not even squeeze one smile when saying bye. Over all the stay was comfortable but with a lack of good mood in the reception which made me feel unwanted to visit again. Work on this and I will visit you soon.

Room Tip: Chose the room opposite side of the main street.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I am always nervous going to a new country and also city and even more so when someone else books my accommodation. I was here on work and just for the weekend. When I looked at the hotel web site before I arrived it looked - "WiFi Internet in all hotel for free. " and a like a good 3 star basic hotel. At check in - Staff were pleasant and the rooms what you can expect from a 3 star European hotel. The internet in the lobby is fast and very good but there was no internet in the rooms which these days in 2014 I feel is unforgivable for a business traveler as after working all day you do not want to sit in a hotel lobby to do emails.
I could though connect in my room to the Ibis Hotel across the road but I did not have a password for access. You can not blame the country as everywhere else I went had good internet and as a business traveller I came away with allot more work because of my lack of access to internet in my room. I was told my colleague who was here a few months before also has this problem so this is not a new issue and when I asked why at the front desk the staff member just told me "its not good in the rooms" and no apology. Really shows up bad management.
Breakfast was good and the rooms were quiet and comfortable.
but next time its the IBIS for me !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank go2mike
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We have been booking a double room, and i have to say that it was one of the best that have so far been paying for.
We arrived very late and did the check-in, even at that hour reception was very helpful.
The room itself was spacious, beds were comfortable, and the room & bathroom were very clean, with everything needed included!
The breakfast was buffet, but one with a very large variety of foods to choose from.
It is very close to the bus station, from where you can get also anywhere in the town, or if going further to anywhere in Lithuania

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rekamano
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Bags were missing on arrival so we did not need to be greeted by the most miserable receptionist ever !
All payments had to be done up front !
The lift to the room has the most vile smell of cheese you could imagine!
Rooms - ok for size but chilly!
If up early you will get the hot water !!!
Ok for what it was needed for ....

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ian563
St. Maarten-St. Martin
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a very good location,with a good car park but lacks good management who I believe treat their staff like the staff treat the customers and if they change anything they have to pay for it themselves!
I have reviewed this hotel before a year ago if you wish to see my comments then, this time thinking the first visit could be a one off. Despite 3 or 4 emails to the hotel, I arrived being told I should have arrived a day earlier!! than my confirmed arrival on the 29th Nov. for 2 nights and given a room (312) which was very small,no proper shower, freezing cold, soap dispensers empty and with bad reception TV.
I went to reception and complained and to receptionist (Sandra),I said I would stay for now as we had booked dinner but asked to see a manager in the morning, just to be told 'tomorrow is Saturday' huh! I think a good receptionist would be trained to say 'sorry the manager is off tomorrow' or at least there would be a duty manager. The price is very reasonable however, smiles come as extra with this one, just to mention that I find later that Sandra was the one who sent me emails to confirm my bookings and that also assured me that I was given a special rate, but on checkout I find I paid two Euros more than had I booked on 'Booking.com'
On our second day I was greeted by a very pleasant girl on duty who smiled, apologised to me and changed my room.
How nice, but we decided to go out for dinner as food on our first night was all fast food microwave cooked as it don't have a kitchen but arrived up the lift on trays, not really a restaurant, more like room service.
On the plus side, I must say breakfast served on the ground floor next to a kitchen was very good.
Will I stay again? maybe for B&B in the warmer months.

Room Tip: All bathrooms are cold because whoever installed the heated towel rails, connected them to the hot p...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BalticBill
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Modern nice small rooms, very clean. Hotel is situated close to shopping mall Akropolis. But from center and main street - Laisves aleja, about 1 km. Some rooms have nice view, but other - view to parking. Parking is "inside" of the buildings, free and quite comfortable. Breakfast menu, unfortunately, wasnt 'checked', so cant be overviewed:)
Generally, it is quite good and comfortable option for stay.

Room Tip: Ask for better view room, if needed.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Well located near to the train station, right next to bus station, near enough to the city centre to walk.
The room quality was exceptional for the price. The rooftop bar gave the best view of Kaunas I got in my entire stay there. Staff helpful and efficient.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo