“Stupendous”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of R Hostel

R Hostel
“Stupendous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

very beautiful, roomy, young and modern and the bathroom clean.

people who work very nice and and give tips of the most important places of the city and the bars and restaurants of all kinds

i recomend all people this hostel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Miklavz na Dravskem Polju, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I have been in R Hostel in late July 2013. surprisingly, there aren't many tourist in Kaunas then; don't know why, it's an amazing city. R Hostel is located on a great place at the beggining of the city centre. I have spent 2 nights in apartments that they also offer. They have two apartments located near the rest of the hostel (about 300 m). You get more than you pay for - at least in my case. And the crew is so nice.
I was in Vilnius day before and it was terrible. And day after.... R Hostel. Not many hostels have that nice interior and "what you get for the price" ratio.

Room Tip: You can book an apartment. It's better to do that wiith groups of more than 3 people.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed in R Hostel whilst travelling Lithuania with two friends in April, the hostel is small and quiet but such a great place. It's positioned very close to St Michael the Archangel Church and is easy to travel to and from. The staff are friendly, when we first arrived the girl on reception marked the most important things for us to see on a map and also gave us a few insiders tips on things we wouldn't have found on TripAdvisor!
The rooms are really clean and the place is modern. We were put in a 6 bed room for 3 people so we had a bunk each! The owner, Tony, is fantastic. He took us all out around Kaunas on our first night and showed us bars we would have never found on our own. We were sad that we had to leave and travel to Vilnius so soon!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

One of my right decisions! I came here at night and there was no street lights. At first I was scared to death but the lovely staff leading the way calmed me down. We had ordered a room for 3 people but luckily they arranged a family room for us. The place was nice, clean and modern. You can use the washing machine as well as other cooking equipments. The place is quite near the main street so you just have to walk for 5 mins and enjoy the amazing atmosphere there. It worths your money!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank littlegalisme
Minsk, Belarus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

It was my first time staying in the hostel. I was amazed by good service and nice personal. It was good experience to meet new friends in the hostel. The location is perfect, close to Akropolis and to the downtown. Overall, I am fully satisfied with the "R Hostel"!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

Within easy walking distance of the bus/rail stations, but also close to the city center, this struck a great balance. The place itself was clean, comfortable, and cheap. I didn't hang around during the day so can't speak to atmosphere, but the important bits (bed, shower, toilet, etc) were all above grade.

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MSea85
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed at R hostel in Nov 2011 (only getting round to updating tripadvisor now) and I must say it is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. I booked a twin room with shared bathroom for 3 nights. I arranged for a airport transfer from the hostel themselves and it was reasonably priced. The hostel is pretty central and is only 5 minutes walk to the main street where you have a good choice of bars and restaurants.
On arrival I was greeted by friendly staff who sorted my booking without a problem and offered recommendations for while I was staying there.
The building is very secure in that you have a main door, a door to the reception area and then the door to your room. The desk is manned 24 / 7.
The rooms are clean as is the communal shower / toilet area, there is also a kitchen which offers free tea / coffee.
To be honest there is not much to do in Kaunas itself and I pretty much saw everything in the first day. The rest of the time I relaxed in the hostel, reading, teaching the girl on reception how to play the card game "S***head", and then in turn getting beat every time from her on the table football.
An option which is available is to use this as a base as nearby you can get the train to the capital Vilnius.
I enjoyed my trip and you will too

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends