“Perfect French kitchen” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Rouge - brasserie & cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, European, Central European, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kaunas County, Lithuania
“Perfect French kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The food is perfect! Nice presentation, good service and very reasonable prices. I discovered this restaurant about 10 days ago and I'm going almost every day. The Boeuf Bourgignon is amazing, when you are in Kaunas you really have to try it.

• Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
“Terrific meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice meal with excellent service and presentation. Good selection of wine and food. Salmon tartare and rabbit was very good. Definitely a restaurant worth seeking out.

Visited October 2013
Bonn, Germany
“rude service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We were a group of 15 friends who wanted to have something to eat and drink. after our order was made the waiter told me he wanted to have a chat with me. So i stood up and walked around the corner. Then the waiter started to complain that we havent ordered enough and our bill is too small and we have to reach 600 litas . I was quite perplex. In the end the waiter wanted to have the difference between our 515 Lita bill and the 600.....
I have never ever experienced something like that. I work myself as a waiter in a restaurant and would never dare to do something like that.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank fredddddan
Boston
“Nice spot in the old town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We had a nice dinner in this restaurant. There is an English menu and the staff understands English enough to get the order in. The menu is interesting with frogs, rabbits, duck, liver dishes present, good for foodies like us. The actual dishes were decent but not great. Service is good when not crowded, they do try hard.

• Visited September 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Good restaurant, but . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I had a good meal here on the first day of a Lithuanian holiday. The wiater - fairly, to his credit - warned us that the dish would take 40 minutes to prepare (it was nothing special) so we decided to have a starter. Food and wine were both very good. I would recommend the restaurant but for one thing. I accidentally tipped the waiter with a Latvian note instead of Lithuanian - worth about 5 times the value! It would have been a good tip even without the mistake, so I called in next day to see if they would exchange it. The manager was aware of what had happened but refused to exchange it - on the grounds that the episode happened yesterday. Just a shrug of the shoulders.

• Visited August 2013