“Excellent food, reasonable prices!”
Review of Le Rouge - brasserie & cafe - CLOSED

Le Rouge - brasserie & cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend this place for a quiet dinner. The place is situated on the main street nearby several restaurants - very difficult to miss. We were greeted by a waiter who immediately mentioned that a group of ppl had already food and hence had to wait (which following reviews below, seema to be quite a common thing at this restaurant). However having read several other positive reviews we decides to stay.

We ordered frog legs and escargot for starters - both delicious. The escargot portion is quite small, 6 snails in all. However very nicely cooked and presented. We followed our appetizers by 2 duck mains who were also very tasty and nicely presented. I highly recommend the chocolate soufflé for desert - scrumptious!

All in all a very positive experience which I would recommend.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The food was amazing, don't have any flawlessly for service staff. Was only slightly uncomfortable, because in restaurant were only two pairs including us.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Authentic French cuisine, comfy environment at reasonable price, great place to visit with Your loved one.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

It was a joy to diner at this excellent restaurant. The service was flawless - courteous, warm and polite. The food was great, every course delicious and memorable. A perfect place in a perfect city!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

It's really one of the best restaurants in town, I don't know why it has only 16th place in the ranking, it should be on top. The food is excellent, whatever I have tasted there was delicious - from starters to deserts and drinks. I really love to go there, the atmosphere is relaxing and beautifully French :) You feel in a special place. Like not in Lithuania at all.
I heard some people complaining about high attitude of waiters, but I can not say that. I was always pleased with their service. Yes, you feel that you are in a high class restaurant there, but the waiters are perfect - they come in time, serve in time,they are not irritating and coming every second if you just want to sit longer after your dinner. Last time we sat there for 6 hours enjoying full lunch and deserts, and drinks after. We always come there for special occasions too. If I had special visitors coming, this is the place I would take them to. It is also located in a good spot - old town, the best part of the city.