Best Western Santakos Hotel
US$138
US$97
Kaunas Hotel(Kaunas)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsold townper hourgreat hotelcorner roomlocation is excellentpool and saunaside streetbreakfast was excellentlarge windowslong weekendwide choiceshort walkenjoyable stayquiet locationcar parkingrooms are spaciouscity break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I booked and paid in advance of around 40 days a room at the Hotel Santakos for my family between the 12/09/2013 and the 19/09/2013 and when we arrived at 20:15hrs we where told that our room was not available because they had given all their rooms to another group and we could not stay there. But we were told that they had booked another hotel for us in the same city. I insisted that this was not what we paid for but eventually had no other choice since we were travelling with small kids. We were taken to the other Hotel which was extremely inferior as you can see from the reviews found here (Amberton Cosy Hotel). While at the other hotel there was another family who were treated the same by the Hotel Santakos and were relocated without being informed earlier. So this must be a common practice by the Hotel Santakos. So I suggest not to book the Hotel Santakos in the first place if you don't want to be disappointed since they treat their customers like rubbish and don't care at all about what happens next.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if you do not want to get disappointed!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Inga K, General Manager at Best Western Santakos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and the opinion you expressed. Our customers and their feedbacks are extremely important to us. As I do not agree with your point, I’d like to express our views on this happening.
I know that the customer is always right, that some of them are not satisfied with the move-out therefore we do not make the overbookings with the pursuit of profit. Unhappily the overbooking sometimes happens in all hotels. This time we had all 92 hotel's rooms booked by one of our constant clients. Some days before we were informed about the decision to organize the event some days earlier. We have no right to refuse this change and cancel their booking, because our company is a sponsor of this event and we gave the rooms at a very special (low) rates. And we can not inform you in advance as we did not have any your contact – the channel you made a reservation sent us your name, surname, dates and room type, therefore on your arrival we move you out to another 4 star hotel with the excellent location. We paid for the taxi and the bottle of wine, as our apology gesture, was waiting for you there. Next morning after you have expressed dissatisfaction with this hotel and found the hotel satisfies your requirements, we booked that hotel and paid the price difference. Are you sure, that we “treat the customers like rubbish and don't care at all about what happens next”????
Anyway, please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused once again.
BEST WESTERN Hotel Santakos

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed for 3 days, 16 Aug 2012 - 19 Aug 2012

The location is excellent. Room was very comfortable. I love the bathtub, I enjoyed it every day. The sauna and the indoor swimming pool were very nice. Breakfast was excellent, was a lots of choice.

I had some problem with the key... I could not open a door of my room, but the hotel staff helped me.

Windows of the room was on back side and there was the open terrace of restaurant. Even with closed windows I could hear music from the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ONAtalia2013
Inga K, General Manager at Best Western Santakos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

First of all I'd like to thank you for your stay at the Best Western Hotel Santaka. It was a great pleasure to serve you.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us - please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations fully. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Again, I apologize for some inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
BEST WESTERN Hotel Santakos

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Fabulous little hotel, wonderful welcome and service. The location is excellent, just a short walk from the city centre with all its attractions. My room was lovely, no view but a great size. My colleague's room was even better with full length windows and a lovely view.
Breakfast was excellent, lots of choice, and we ate outside on the terrace.

Room Tip: Ask for a view, or a corner suite
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Inga K, General Manager at Best Western Santakos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your positive feedback with us. We are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay at BEST WESTERN Santaka Hotel and found your room spacious and comfortable. We are glad the welcome and service was nice and we managed to exceed your expectations!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon! Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel or me personally next time you are traveling to Kaunas and we will assist you again in every way while planing your trip.
Looking forward to serving you again at BEST WESTERN Santaka Hotel,
BEST WESTERN Santaka Hotel

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We booked two rooms (for 4 days) to accommodate our family and were delighted with our rooms. One with double and a second with twins). As we had already been travelling for 9 days we were happy with the comfortable beds. Indeed, both rooms were very comfortable and beautifully decorated with large windows looking out over roof tops. Should add the price was extremely inexpensive and great value.

The air con in the room worked extremely well. The breakfast in the basement was a little hike, but the large selection of food made it worthwhile. There was a small conservatory and outside dining in the breakfast room - with open hours up to 11 am at the weekend! so great for those who like to lie in. The hotel is located in the old town a 5 minute walk to the nearby main street lined with many cafes and restaurants.

The staff all could speak English and were helpful. However, there was no concierge service - so local advice, for example, where to find a hairdresser, was beyond the staff's knowledge...

The hotel has many interesting modern art pictures in the hallways, which makes it feel like a comfortable, hip hotel.

The only downside is that fact that the hotel has a pool but charges quite a high rate for guests to use the facilities.

The hotel made a great base to visit Kaunas and also for day trips to other locations. If we were to re-visit this city I would definitely stay at this hotel and next time choose one of the lovely superior rooms with large bathrooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra-Sophia
Inga K, General Manager at Best Western Santakos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for such a warm feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your opinion is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +370 37 302 702.

Managing director
BEST WESTERN Santakos Hotel

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed for 4 days, 30.6 - 4.7.13.
This was my second stay and just as before I enjoyed my stay, the room was big and very clean. Needed the air con this time and it kept the room nice and cool.
The breakfast was good, a nice selection of hot and cold food. I used the restaurant for lunch and the food was good and not expensive.
The only thing I did not like was the high cost of phone charges, 6 litas per minute to phone England; that is about £1.50 by far too much. i used my mobile after the first day.
Did not use the leisure facilities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SheffieldExpat
Inga K, General Manager at Best Western Santakos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for writing this feedback. Tahnk you for your kind and warm words. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Managing director