“Nice warm hotel”

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Kaunas
Woodmere, New York
“Nice warm hotel”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This hotel in Kaunas is very nice and comfortable. The rooms are very clean and nice. A bit colder on one side of the hotel during the winter. The hotel is in a great location and easy to walk to some of the cafes and restaurants. The Staff is very nice and they are always there to help.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Inga K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Santakos Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
Your opinion is very important to us and we value it. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +370 37 302 702.
Thank you again for your time.
BEST WESTERN Santakos Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My stay at Best Western Santaka was with business intention for 1 night. This stay was comfortable, room was very clean, cozy, lovely decoration. The staff are pleasant, give for me all needed information.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Inga K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Santakos Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for your kind and warm words!
We would love to welcome you at the BEST WESTERN Hotel Santakos again.
Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at the Santakos on business for 3 nights and found it very comfortable and welcoming. I did not pay so cannot comment on the price. The room was comfortable and spacious with modern yet warm decor, solid wood furniture and full length windows across the longest wall. The bed had soft white linen sheets and pillowcases. The ensuite bathroom was superbly clean and stylish.

Breakfast was buffet style with a very wide range of cold and hot food. Meats, cheeses, fish, eggs, breads, cereals, yoghurts, pastries and fruit. Perhaps if you have a particular preference for a specific kind of tea you might need to bring your own.

We used the sauna and 'swimming pool' on only one morning. It was only just open at 7am and still warming up. Be warned the swimming pool is very small and was really cold in the morning but makes a good plunge pool.

The staff were all wonderfully helpful and mainly speak excellent English. They helped us with directions, looking up information and providing everything we asked for. The only thing I would have liked was a kettle in the room to make tea, but the staff kindly found tea making facilities and loaned them to us for free.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure as it is well situated in Kaunas. The conference facilities are also excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Inga K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Santakos Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend on a deal with a free bottle of bubbly (local). Everything went as promised. Really cozy and clean, no annoying crowds as in a big hotel, central within walking distance to all you need. Staff was polite and accommodating. Check-out at 12am, however nobody tried to kick as out as we have overstayed for a couple of hours.

• Stayed October 2013
Inga K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Santakos Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property and all your warm and kind words.

Spratton, Uk
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The Santakos is well located in the old town area of Kaunas. The main sites are all within easy walking distance. The bedrooms are very comfortable and all have free wifi. The hotel staff were all friendly and helpful. The cost of the rooms are reasonable. Breakfast was buffet style and offered meats, fish, breads etc. the hotel has a small pool and sauna. Ideal for a weekend in Kaunas.

Room Tip: Room 414 was a large room with ensuite shower.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Inga K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Santakos Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Valletta, Malta
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I booked and paid in advance of around 40 days a room at the Hotel Santakos for my family between the 12/09/2013 and the 19/09/2013 and when we arrived at 20:15hrs we where told that our room was not available because they had given all their rooms to another group and we could not stay there. But we were told that they had booked another hotel for us in the same city. I insisted that this was not what we paid for but eventually had no other choice since we were travelling with small kids. We were taken to the other Hotel which was extremely inferior as you can see from the reviews found here (Amberton Cosy Hotel). While at the other hotel there was another family who were treated the same by the Hotel Santakos and were relocated without being informed earlier. So this must be a common practice by the Hotel Santakos. So I suggest not to book the Hotel Santakos in the first place if you don't want to be disappointed since they treat their customers like rubbish and don't care at all about what happens next.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if you do not want to get disappointed!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Inga K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Santakos Hotel, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and the opinion you expressed. Our customers and their feedbacks are extremely important to us. As I do not agree with your point, I’d like to express our views on this happening.
I know that the customer is always right, that some of them are not satisfied with the move-out therefore we do not make the overbookings with the pursuit of profit. Unhappily the overbooking sometimes happens in all hotels. This time we had all 92 hotel's rooms booked by one of our constant clients. Some days before we were informed about the decision to organize the event some days earlier. We have no right to refuse this change and cancel their booking, because our company is a sponsor of this event and we gave the rooms at a very special (low) rates. And we can not inform you in advance as we did not have any your contact – the channel you made a reservation sent us your name, surname, dates and room type, therefore on your arrival we move you out to another 4 star hotel with the excellent location. We paid for the taxi and the bottle of wine, as our apology gesture, was waiting for you there. Next morning after you have expressed dissatisfaction with this hotel and found the hotel satisfies your requirements, we booked that hotel and paid the price difference. Are you sure, that we “treat the customers like rubbish and don't care at all about what happens next”????
Anyway, please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused once again.
BEST WESTERN Hotel Santakos
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed for 3 days, 16 Aug 2012 - 19 Aug 2012

The location is excellent. Room was very comfortable. I love the bathtub, I enjoyed it every day. The sauna and the indoor swimming pool were very nice. Breakfast was excellent, was a lots of choice.

I had some problem with the key... I could not open a door of my room, but the hotel staff helped me.

Windows of the room was on back side and there was the open terrace of restaurant. Even with closed windows I could hear music from the restaurant.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ONAtalia2013
Inga K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Santakos Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
First of all I'd like to thank you for your stay at the Best Western Hotel Santaka. It was a great pleasure to serve you.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us - please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations fully. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Again, I apologize for some inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
BEST WESTERN Hotel Santakos