“Amazing”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This place is now one of my favorites. If you want to get decent meal and amazing soup I highly recommend you to visit this place

1  Thank Skirmantas R

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Excellent ambiance, outstanding food. This was one of the best meals I had in Europe. The staff is really friendly. Their selection of wines is incredible. If you live in Kaunas or if you are a tourist, you must try it. Personally, I have been going there several times a week.

2  Thank alecmalaspina
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Nice and cosy interior, very well educated staff on the matters of wine. Prices range from cheap wines, to really expensive ones.

Our own mistake was to rush through with our wish for "just two glasses of medium sweet wine" without specifying anything else. We ended up paying 90LT (about 26eur) for two small glasses of wine, 100 - including a tip. That is quite expensive, but it was our own fault ;) The wine was great though, as well as a short story about its origin and so forth, that the waiter told us.

The problem I had with this all, that actually dawned on us only when we left: that we had not seen the bartender pour the wine. He had done this at the bar, far from our table. This might seam nitpicking, but you would probably agree with me, that when paying such price, the least you'd expect is the wine to be poured from the bottle AT the table as it's done at any respectable place. Heck, usually that's done at the pubs as well! Because now, us, not being wine experts or anything, could not know for anything, was that the wine we paid for, or just a random house wine for 8LT a glass, poured under the bar and passed to us for an expensive beverage.

Sorry, but in our opinion this is UNACCEPTABLE.

2  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My girlfriend & I wanted to go out to a nice restaurant in Kaunas and we were not disappointed. Gurme is an intimate little place in the basement of a 16th century building in old Kaunas, atmosphere was cozy, great classic jazz music just right, kudos for playing one of my favorite songs of all time. Service was excellent, you never know they're there until you need them, then they're right there.
The food was very good and fresh, yummy dessert to finish it off, the chocolate mascarpone cake to kill for, and the selection of wines and spirits was enough to keep most oenophiles & whiskey lovers quite happy.
Thanks TripAdvisor for steering us to Gurme

Reviewed 27 September 2013

It's a great place to have some of the most amazing food in town. The restaurant is small and cozy, they have an excellent selection of wine and single malt whiskies. Definitely recommended place!