“Backpackers athmosphere”

The Monk's Bunk Kaunas
Sao Paulo, SP
“Backpackers athmosphere”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The place is perfect for backpackers and travellers in general, it is a small hostel with a nice lounge and that makes it a good place to meet another travellers so I strongly recommend it for solo travellers.
It have all the utilities you expect while on the road, like a fully equipped kitchen and full laundry service for a reasonable price, also, all the rooms have lockers and it is quite clean in general.
The owner was always there and gave good advises about the city, also, took some guests to a jazz festival while I was there!
It is very well located as it is on the pedestrian street and close to the old town, just next to a supermarket and easy to reach from the train station.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

The hostel is really cool. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the city center is in walking distance, and it is even very inexpensive. The best part however is the guy at the reception. He was dedicated to showing me the best places in the city and also on the way along my further trip to Riga.

• Stayed August 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This place ROCKS! We came in super late at 2 AM but this didn't change the fact that the staff was SOOO nice...
The hostel is at the best area of the city & The rooms are super nice and clean.
Oh and the internet connection was super fast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Noam270788
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Being on the main walking street through all of the interesting areas, the location couldn't be better. The host was very friendly and told us all of the interesting things to see in town, and pointed us to a wonderful Lithuanian restaurant nearby. I will be returning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed here for three nights. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, and the common area was a good place to hang out with other guests. Many reviewers have commented on the easy-going, comfortable atmosphere/vibe, and I echo this sentiment. The information I received from the staff was top notch, which led to taking in a reggae concert and enjoying several off-the-beaten-path bars: experiences I wouldn't have had if I hadn't stayed at the Monk's Bunk.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here for just 2 days but felt like far longer such was the excellent advice that we were given by Viktor, who knows not just Kaunas but Vilnius inside out. Told us all the sights, cafes and bars to go to after we told him the kind of things we liked, and even came out and met us at one amazing bar which we would NEVER have found without his guidance - we were the only foreigners there!
Clean and comfortable rooms too. Don't see why you'd look past this place to stay in Kaunas for a couple of nights.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Myself and 4 other friends stayed here on our way back from a Republic of Ireland game in Estonia. Its in a central location but can be a bit difficult to find at first. The rooms are basic for your typical hostel and the beds are comfortable. When we arrived the person on duty seemed embarrassed to tell us they had put us in the wrong room as they had decked out another room especially for us in Irish tri-colours etc to make us feel welcome. We laughed and explained that we appreciated that they had gone the extra mile.

What I really appreciated was on departing from the airport the hostel contacted my friend to notify him that I had left my camera behind. With little time to get there and back in a taxi communications opened up via email and I was able to post them euros for them to send it back to Derry for me. I was really thankful for this as the night before we arrived in Kaunas myself and the group of Friends I was with had an excellent night at a football match and post match celebrations and the photos were a great reminder of a brilliant night. The thought of losing the photos devastated me so thanks to the great staff of The Monk's Bonk for ensuring I kept them.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends