“very decent food”

Cuisines: European
Vilnius
“very decent food”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I was heading to one of suburbs of Kaunas and as it was lunch time and I was feeling peckish I stopped at the first restaurant I saw. That happened to be Svarstyklės. When inside, I felt a little bit suspicious as the interior was a bit overdone and this, in Lithuania, usually signals about mediocre food at best. However, I was pleasantly surprised – service was very friendly and fast and food was really very decent. I had only small lunch, therefore could not appreciate fully the menu. However, spinach salad was superb, soup was like home made, coffee was decent. I was not very happy with plum cake, but maybe it was just wrong choice from my part. Servings were generous and number of people having lunch bespoke of a very competitive ratio of price and quality, because the restaurant is really far away from everything. Actually this is main disadvantage of the place: unless you are on you way to or back from Pažaislis monastery, or having some other business in that part of the town (quite distanced from the city centre), there is no chance you will go to Svarstyklės. Which is a shame.

• Visited April 2013

Kaunas, Lithuania
“My favourite restaurant”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

You just can go wrong with this place. Prices are same as in any chain pizza restaurants, but nothing close as far as atmosphere and food is concerned. Best value for the money in Kaunas or possibly in Lithuania in general. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited March 2013