“good location but service needs improving”
Review of Amberton Cozy

Amberton Cozy
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Kaunas
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

hotel is at a great location, within minutes walk to all major old town sightseeing spots e.g. the castle and the "white swan". hotel was a bit old - rooms are in good condition but there are no elevators so it could be a pain if u hv heavy luggages to carry upstairs.

hotel service attendants, however, are not too attentative to guest requests: for instance we hv specifically asked the hotel to book large taxi cabs for us to/from the hotel as we hv big luggages. both times, regular size taxis came and we could barely fit in!

when we checked out, we were waiting for our taxi at the lobby which has v limited space for guests to sit (one 1.5 seat sofa, 1 broken chair, and one 1 seater sofa). we noted some lady, who looked like a friend of the hotel staff (as they kept chatting with her and she was using wifi at the lobby, i suppose a regular guest could use wifi in their own room) occupying the sofa for almost an hour. as a result, the four of us, with our 8 bags and lugguges, had to STAND or stay outside the hotel while we wait for our taxi to come, which is v inconvenient and rather annoying. perhaps the hotel should consider expanding the lobby area to accommodate more guests.

• Stayed: October 2013
Evelina_Manager, General Manager at Amberton Cozy, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay at AMBERTON Cozy hotel and for taking time to write a review.
Thank you for all your comments which will help us improve in the future.
If you plan your next trip to Kaunas please do not hesitate to contact me anytime and I would be more than happy to help you with the reservation.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The location was wonderful with many restaurant near bay. Staff was helpful with any of the request’s with a worm smile getting of the way to help and be accommodating.
Would recomend to all of my friends.

Room Tip: Room was clean and spacious. The room was on the 4th floor with no lift, but we didn't complain...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Inga2000
Evelina_Manager, General Manager at Amberton Cozy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest,
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
If you plan your next trip to Kaunas please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in my 40 years of travels. I belong to many hotel clubs Marriott, Hilton, Radission,etc and all are very good . Four years ago I discovered this very clean, polite, and very service oriented hotel. I opened a new business and stayed 3 months in the hotel, the length of my visa, in 2009. I knew I was returning and could of rented and apartment. HOWEVER, when I evaluated the benefits of the Amberton there was, and is, no decision.
1.the director and manager both speak perfect English,The Director's father lives in the USA, and she has visited the US, several times, both have University degrees. Both are very accommodating Ladies.
2. The staff all speak English, even the Maids, most are working on degrees.
3.Directions: they all, know the city very well and not only will they tell you all the good places, they will also give you caution when in certain places.
4. Make appointments for you when someone does't speak English, like the demist ( i know first Hand)
5. Where to shop, and where the best deals are.
6. CLEANNESS: My bath room at home should be so clean, and the linens are clean ,and so nice to crawl into,need and extra towel,no question, they just bring it to the room.
7. My experience bugs are NOT a hotel problem, if the hotel doesn't have them, the guests will carry them in. After 4 years I am still looking for the FIRST BUG!!
8. Very reasonably priced, I. usually do not mention price for fear they will raise there there prices.
9.Fun Times:I have had days when things didn't go good,and come to the hotel to find the Manager or Director playing the piano,or one time a guest of 10 yrs. (she was very very good)
10. Christmas : No one like to be gone at Christmas I had to stay twice. The staff had a party,with favors, for the guest staying in the hotel. It wasn't home but at least some one cared. The hotel is like home , someone cares if you are HAPPY!!.
These are only 10 reasons that I have chosen Amberton for the past 4 years.
FJMG Houston TX USA

Room Tip: All rooms are good,i like the first floor,however other floors have rooms that bedroom separated.I...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nasa1410

Dear Guest,
I am always happy to have you in our hotel and to hear all these nice things about AMBERTON Cozy. It is always a pleasure for me when you keep coming back here. All our staff is very happy and thankful for your comments and your smile.

Should you need anything you know how to contact me.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a hotel we try to stay if we visit Kaunas. It's really cosy, has a great location in the middle of the Kaunas old city and friendly stuff. Free parking and free wifi-Internet is also a great advantage.

Room Tip: free Kaunas old city maps can be found at the reception variety of small souvenirs can be purchased...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I am more than happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

AMBERTON Cozy hotel the coziest place ever

If you are looking for a cozy place to stay AMBERTON Cozy is THE place to stay.
I loved the staff , they were helpful with every question I had and they just could not do enough for us.
The rooms are very cozy and spacious. The cleaning ladies are so friendly , they smile all the time and they do their job properly. The rooms are clean. I stayed there 3 nights and I can say that the hotel is like second home in the middle of the oldtown! Nearby you can find anything you need! There are shops, cocktail bars, night clubs ect. just 2 minutes away by walk! It is a really good value for your money. In the morning coffee smell wakes you up coming from a hotel restaurant Valick Valley. Very good choice of breakfast. You can find 5 hot dishes, nice coffe or tea, lots of vegetables and Lithuanian sausages, cheese and so on. For us as a family with a child this was the best choice ever.
We have stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world and I can say we have never got that much attention as in AMBERTON Cozy hotel.
What surprised me the most and made the biggest impression was the piano in the lobby and the girl working at the reception (Egle was her name) , she lighted the candles and played a beautiful song on the piano in the evening! I remember guests standing in the lobby and listening to her beautiful performance. Trust me I have never seen that before in any other hotel! So for me it really was COZY on so many different levels.
Pleasure or business-this hotel is the best choice
10/10 will recommend to all my friends and colleagues!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Reene55

Dear Guest,
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Hope to see you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have visitted a lot of countries and hotels but one thing I can say about AMBERTON Cozy hotel is the atmosphere there!
First impression lobby. You open the door and see a nice girl greeting you with a smile and kindness. Right this second you can say that it is COZY. There is a wonderfull white piano standing in the lobby with a lot of candles on it! Beatiful view!
Rooms are big and spacious and really beautiful! We stayed on the 4th floor(room 408) and although it did not have an elevator the staff was friendly to offer us help with the luggage ! (You don`t get that much attention in other hotels).
Loved the fact that there is free wireless internet in this hotel.
Great location, nice breakfast, clean hotel.
Thank you and we will be back for sure

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Evelina_Manager, General Manager at Amberton Cozy, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Also, I would like to thank you for such nice words about our hotel and about our staff. It is very nice to read such beautiful comments.

AMBERTON Cozy General Manager Evelina Sukyte

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I can't describe my disappointment with this hotel. It was dirty, dusty, bed linen was full of hair from all the parts of the body and the thing that pissed me off completely - SPIDERS. The room that was offered to us had like 8 enormous spiders all over the place. There was spider webs above the bed and some spiders were working on them. It was like a Halloween night.
We changed the room, but there were spiders in that one too. When we looked true the window we saw that there are dozens of them on their spider webs on the windows of the room. I haven't seen things like this in any hotel I've ever been to and we do travel a lot around Europe and the Americas. I've stayed in little hotels in third world counties, just next to the jungle and never had spiders crawling above my bed and behind the windows making their webs. What is this?!
Hotel has 4 starts rating!! I cant see exactly why. It is far from that in all the aspects!! it does not deserve not even one!
When I asked the girl who worked in the reception if they check the rooms before the guests arrives and I've been given respond that they do. But from what we've been witnessing I don't think that is happening in this hotel at all! Because if the management of the hotel and the staff would do their job PROPERELLY they would know what's going on in every room and the outsides of their hotel. Now it was a big surprise for their staff member seeing the rooms with a spiders and in the state their are offering the accommodation for their guests.
We've been offered to see by ourselves the rooms and choose where we want to stay. My partner went with the receptionist and it turned out that there were spiders in every room he went to. We've been offered ''the solution to the problem'' - to hoover the spiders!! And when the hoover was brought in and the receptionist removed the nozzle - lots of dust and nasty hair balls fell on the carpet, what explains why the carpets in the rooms are so dusty and dirty. People, you have to change the filters and clean your vacuum cleaners more often!!! And guess what - my partner hovered the spider webs himself!! That a go!!! Welcome to the 4 star rated hotel - here is the vacuum cleaner if you don't like to stay like a pigs - knock yourselves out- hoover yourselves!!
I was honestly shocked to all what was happening. Its 10.30pm and we stuck in here - my partner is vacuuming the hotel room where we have to stay for the last night of our holiday!! Speechless !!
I've been given some sort of explanation from the receptionist that they have new house keeper and maybe (MAYBE!!!) she still do not know how to work!!! What load of crap!!!
We had early morning flight to catch so it was impossible to have breakfast and we've been promised packed breakfast when we were checking in. However in the morning that was not the case. So one more thing to add to the list of complains.
Resume: NEVER AGAIN we are staying in this hotel. This experience ruined our last day of holiday and left big disappointment. I feel like we wasted our money and time in there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Audra0808

Dear Ingrida,
I understand your concern as I have mentioned in my e-mail few days ago and apologize again.
I wish that I could complete the suggested options which I have mentioned to you to compensate the inconveniences.

We as a hotel have already solved these problems and hopefully we wount dissapoint our future guests.

AMBERTON Cozy General Manager Evelina Sukyt