Amberton Cozy
US$60
US$66
US$61
Agoda.com
All reviewsno elevatorold townexcellent locationheavy luggagefourth floornice roomnice staycomfortable roomsprivate parkingquiet streetreception deskcentral locationreceptionistlithuaniabathrobes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were travelling by car, and had great difficulty finding the hotel - in fact we went to a petrol station to buy a town map after having driven around for sometime,and a very kind local person offered to show us the way if we followed him as, even with a map, we would find it hard.
The surroundings are a bit dingy with much building work going on just opposite. We were horrified to find that our room was on the 4th floor with no lift, or any offer of help with our luggage, especially as my husband has some difficulties walking and uses a stick! However the room appeared quite pleasant. As the room was in the attic it had an eyebrow window and sloping ceiling. hence I had to virtually bend in half to get into bed!
We ate at the hotel on the night of our arrival - the food was very good, but the service was very slow. Breakfast was adequate.
Despite all these niggles the hotel is in the best possible position being just minutes away from many places of interest and places to eat.
I would recommend, if booking, that you make sure which floor yo will be on before confirming!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny T
Evelina_Manager, General Manager at Amberton Cozy, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay at AMBERTON Cozy hotel and for taking time to write a review.
Thank you for all your comments about our hotel. Yes, there is no lift in our hotel so I understand your concern. I would ask you if you plan your next trip to Kaunas please let us know and I promise we will arrange a room for you on a lower floor.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

hotel is at a great location, within minutes walk to all major old town sightseeing spots e.g. the castle and the "white swan". hotel was a bit old - rooms are in good condition but there are no elevators so it could be a pain if u hv heavy luggages to carry upstairs.

hotel service attendants, however, are not too attentative to guest requests: for instance we hv specifically asked the hotel to book large taxi cabs for us to/from the hotel as we hv big luggages. both times, regular size taxis came and we could barely fit in!

when we checked out, we were waiting for our taxi at the lobby which has v limited space for guests to sit (one 1.5 seat sofa, 1 broken chair, and one 1 seater sofa). we noted some lady, who looked like a friend of the hotel staff (as they kept chatting with her and she was using wifi at the lobby, i suppose a regular guest could use wifi in their own room) occupying the sofa for almost an hour. as a result, the four of us, with our 8 bags and lugguges, had to STAND or stay outside the hotel while we wait for our taxi to come, which is v inconvenient and rather annoying. perhaps the hotel should consider expanding the lobby area to accommodate more guests.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for all your comments which will help us improve in the future.
If you plan your next trip to Kaunas please do not hesitate to contact me anytime and I would be more than happy to help you with the reservation.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The location was wonderful with many restaurant near bay. Staff was helpful with any of the request’s with a worm smile getting of the way to help and be accommodating.
Would recomend to all of my friends.

Room Tip: Room was clean and spacious. The room was on the 4th floor with no lift, but we didn't complained as the reception team upgraded us to the deluxe room because of the lift issue.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Inga2000
Evelina_Manager, General Manager at Amberton Cozy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest,
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
If you plan your next trip to Kaunas please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in my 40 years of travels. I belong to many hotel clubs Marriott, Hilton, Radission,etc and all are very good . Four years ago I discovered this very clean, polite, and very service oriented hotel. I opened a new business and stayed 3 months in the hotel, the length of my visa, in 2009. I knew I was returning and could of rented and apartment. HOWEVER, when I evaluated the benefits of the Amberton there was, and is, no decision.
1.the director and manager both speak perfect English,The Director's father lives in the USA, and she has visited the US, several times, both have University degrees. Both are very accommodating Ladies.
2. The staff all speak English, even the Maids, most are working on degrees.
3.Directions: they all, know the city very well and not only will they tell you all the good places, they will also give you caution when in certain places.
4. Make appointments for you when someone does't speak English, like the demist ( i know first Hand)
5. Where to shop, and where the best deals are.
6. CLEANNESS: My bath room at home should be so clean, and the linens are clean ,and so nice to crawl into,need and extra towel,no question, they just bring it to the room.
7. My experience bugs are NOT a hotel problem, if the hotel doesn't have them, the guests will carry them in. After 4 years I am still looking for the FIRST BUG!!
8. Very reasonably priced, I. usually do not mention price for fear they will raise there there prices.
9.Fun Times:I have had days when things didn't go good,and come to the hotel to find the Manager or Director playing the piano,or one time a guest of 10 yrs. (she was very very good)
10. Christmas : No one like to be gone at Christmas I had to stay twice. The staff had a party,with favors, for the guest staying in the hotel. It wasn't home but at least some one cared. The hotel is like home , someone cares if you are HAPPY!!.
These are only 10 reasons that I have chosen Amberton for the past 4 years.
FJMG Houston TX USA

Room Tip: All rooms are good,i like the first floor,however other floors have rooms that bedroom separated.I like my big first floor room with windows out to the street, and the University.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nasa1410

Dear Guest,
I am always happy to have you in our hotel and to hear all these nice things about AMBERTON Cozy. It is always a pleasure for me when you keep coming back here. All our staff is very happy and thankful for your comments and your smile.

Should you need anything you know how to contact me.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a hotel we try to stay if we visit Kaunas. It's really cosy, has a great location in the middle of the Kaunas old city and friendly stuff. Free parking and free wifi-Internet is also a great advantage.

Room Tip: free Kaunas old city maps can be found at the reception variety of small souvenirs can be purchased in the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
I am more than happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.