“Value for money”

Mano Liza Guest House
Ranked #17 of 75 Vilnius B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is a no frills place offering clean warm dry accommodation in a great location for exploring the old town. The staff are friendly and very helpful and there are rooms for families and couples. The overall feel is one of slightly faded charm. I personally found the breakfast a little disappointing but it provides a basic start to the day. If I had wanted 5-star it would have cost me a great deal more. Despite being New Year the bar was not open and I thought this was a shame as I would certainly have enjoyed a couple of drinks before heading out for the night. Nonetheless I enjoyed my stay here and I would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I recently traveled to Vilnius with my grandparents. The Mano Liza was a great place to stay for us. The location was great for our diverse ages, with an easy walk to the old town. I got to meet and enjoy breakfast with the owners of the Mano Liza. They both are honest and welcoming people. I would recommend staying here to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Our teenage kids appreciated the all day breakfast, being able to sleep in and recover from jet lag without missing breakfast. Our room had a big fridge for snacks and drinks. Just around the corner is a lovely park with playground and exercise equipment for the whole family. The park gave us a welcome break for all the sightseeing. Hotel has a cute aquarium, which our smaller kids loved. The friendly staff let our kids feed the fish. We really felt like at home in Mano Liza.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite is great for family with kids
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2013

You usually get what you pay for. Here nice staff and a good breakfast added to the value. Close to the Philharmonic and many attractions and fine restaurants. Interior a bit dated but very tidy. A lot of stars in case you have a handicap.

Room Tip: Ask about the size of the bed!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Cosy and a very central hotel. Very close to the old town, shops, pubs and restaurants. Very nice and helpfull stuff. Clean and warm rooms. I liked the breakfast as well - simple but tasty and portions were huge ;)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Mano Liza is a very nice and friendly guesthouse located in down town Vilnius. It is close to shops and restaurant and still in such a distance, that you do not hear the city noise.
I love to go out and enjoy the city so here you have a nice location with everything in walking distance. The city hall square I literally two minutes’ walk from the guest house.
I was looking for a place to stay after moving out of my Vilnius flat and before moving into the next one. This was a perfect choice.
It is a small guest house with a friendly atmosphere. The rooms are clean, large and comfortable. Just remember that it’s a guest house and not a four or five star hotel. If you want that go to Radisson Astorija or newly opened Kempinski where you for sure can experience Luxury - Spa & Dining. Those hotels have by the way the same owners as Mano Liza. So these people know about running a guest house and hotels. Of course you should NOT try to compare a guest house with a five star hotel. But you also pay a totally different prize and for your money you really do get a lot.
Each morning I entered the small restaurant connected to the guest house. They serve a nice breakfast from the a la carte menu. So everything you get is fresh – made exclusively for you. They are also open for lunch and there is no problem having the breakfast until then. It looks like the restaurant are quite popular for locals.
My room had two queen size bed, bathroom and toilet separated and even a small living room before entering the bedroom.
Mano Liza has been around for ages. 15 years or so I guess – and this country just celebrated 20 years for regaining independence, so they were among the first movers.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2012

For 10 years I have stayed probably in all the hotels 4 and 5 stars in Vilnius. This one is not the best one. Sometimes it is good to return 20 years back, and Mano Liza is your time machine. Rooms are in fact soviet -era apartments, with visual evidence of its age. They are big with high ceilings, but they need repair. Breakfast is basic, served on a small menu. This accomodation looks cheap, but if you pay extra for parking - it will cost you like a normal 4 star hotel. I think, that the owner of this guest house has to invest some money in reconstruction as soon as possible.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple