"The Corner Hotel is a modern hotel [...] It offers soundproofed rooms with a flat-screen satellite TV[...]". This is what bookings.com says about the hotel.
Modernity: THERE IS NO DOUBLE ROOM IN THE FULL HOTEL - I've been sleeping on a old mattress on which I could feel every spring. The bedsheet is 100cms on 200 which makes it very uncomfy for couples. I don't have a light on my bedside table. Well actually no bedside table at all.
Ceiling in the room itself is high, although the room is very small (difficult to pass around the bed). In order to make it look even smaller, the staff placed 2 massive wardrobes to reduce even more the floorspace. From my bed I cannot see the 34cms (about 15") TV which is hanging up the wall at 3 meters high.
I don't see where the room is soundproof and I couldn't tell what is the most noisy between:
- street where I can hear exactly what is passing
- the highheels of the above neighboor
- the discussions of the families on both sides
- the bips of opening doors in the corridor
- the extremely noisy camping fridge which tends to replace the (empty) minibar inside the room.
Cleaningness: the hotel is absolutely dirty from the carpets of the corridors to the bathrooms. There are flies in the toilet most likely coming from the ventilation. Spiders and spidernets on the toilet paper, moisture on the doors of the shower which are BTW hanging for their last moments...
This is the first hotel which offers camping motorised toilets which make a massive noise after ue for a couple of minutes but also sometimes without reasons. The door of the toilet not being soundproofed (in fact you cannot close at all), you might wake up because of your toilets for the first time in your life.
Lithuanian staff can sound nice at the first sight but after you understand that they cannot help you with any of your requests is starts to get a little on nerves. You want a normal double bed linnen bigger than 100cms wide? Yes, we will do what is possible (understand nothing). You want to use a hairdryer? Please return it at the reception after. etc...
We booked 3 nights in here. We did feel that there are quite a few wrong things around...
To avoid if you can, to book only if no other option available in Vilnius.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern, trustworthy hotel is located in Vilnius’s centre, only 1.2 km from the Old Town. It offers soundproofed rooms with a flat-screen satellite TV and free Wi-Fi access. The hotel was renovated in 2009 and provides hotel services since now. The Corner Hotel's modern rooms are equipped with lightproof curtains, and seating areas. All the rooms have a work desk, and each room has private bathroom with shower. Vilnius's central railway station is 1.8 km away from the hotel and can be reached by public transport easily. A supermarket is within immediate walking distance from Corner Hotel. The Vilna Gaon Jewish State Museum is 900 metres away. A breakfast buffet is available every morning from 7AM until 11AM on Mondays-Fridays, and 8AM – 11AM on Saturdays and Sundays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Corner Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.