“Fantastic location in the old town!”

Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius
Ranked #10 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
“Fantastic location in the old town!”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

What I liked about this hotel is the location in the old town. Plenty of bars, restaurants and good shops at walking distance. The Hotel itself is what you can expect from Radisson. Clean rooms, good bed and bathroom. Friendly staff to help and guide you. Worthwile booking.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
rdklaipeda, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Dear Ronald,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments wiht others and taking time to write this review.
The location of the hotel is the best in the city and all of us at the hotel try to do our best in order to make sure that every guest enjoys our services.

On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, thank you for supporting us and we hope to see you back in Vilnius in the near future.

Jurate Rudiene

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I have just returned from a 25 day business trip to Vilnius, Lithuania. Having traveled to 53 countries and stayed in good hotels and many not so good hotels, it is my pleasure to say that my stay at the Radisson Blu Astorija was pleasurable and one of the best that I have experienced. The hotel staff is by far the most friendly attentive staff I have experienced. They are always smiling, willing to help, polite, and speak excellent English. The overall service levels were the best I have experienced anywhere in the world, and specially in Europe and the Baltic countries that are not quite known for service in the hospitality and dining industry, this was a pleasant surprise. The morning breakfast, which is included in the cost of the room, was good and filling, providing everything a proper European breakfast should include. The Brasserie de Verres en Vers restaurant provided excellent french inspired meals and the Astorija Bar was cozy and warm with an excellent friendly staff. If my schedule permits my return this summer I will definitely stay at the Radisson Blu Astorija. In closing I would highly recommend the Astorija Hotel to anyone traveling to the wonderful city of Vilnius, Lithuania.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
rdklaipeda, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments with other and taking time to write your review.
We are very much pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I really appreaciate your good comments about our hotel and our services.

Look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for a couple of nights while on business trip in Vilnius. I had stayed there before so expected the best. Was unpleasantly surprised when they gave me a tiny single room (did not even know that such small rooms existed). They told me that this was what I booked, and I had to produce paperwork to prove them wrong. Even then they said that the hotel was fully booked so had to stay in that cell for a night and only transferred to a larger room the following night. Not much of an apology from the staff. The larger room was nice, breakfast buffet great and location superb. However the place has lost a little of the glamor from when they opened a number of years ago so need to keep working to stay at the top with other fancy hotels in the city.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Darius,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments and your experience with us.
I do aplogise for the misunderstanding regarding your room reservation and that you had to stay in a different room category for the night. I will speak to our Front office team to make sure that these kind of situations does not appear in the future.
I look forward to welcome you in the future and do hope that during next visit you will enjoy your stay and will be suprised by our improved product (room renovation to start in 2013) ant the glamour.
If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly by writing to jurate.rudiene@radissonblu.com

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,149 helpful votes
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I have visited 79 countries, stayed in hundreds of hotels, interacted with numerous general managers of various hotels, but never come across someone as amazing as Jurate Rudiene, the General Manager at this hotel. She is truly amazing, and that alone is the reason to stay in no other hotel except the Radisson Blu Astorija while in Vilnius.

I stayed in the hotel for almost 4 weeks, and upon checkout, asked for a taxi to the airport. The porter got me one of the black taxis that typically wait in front of the hotel, and I would see them each morning from the breakfast room being used by the hotel guests regularly. I had heard and read about many horror stories related to taxi drivers in Vilnius, but considering myself a savvy traveler did not think I would become a victim to one of them myself! The typical taxi fare between the hotel and the airport (either way) is between 25 and 30 litas as per the meter. When I reached the airport, the driver demanded 66 litas and showed the amount on his meter. He then went on to abuse me verbally, threatened to drop me in the middle of the highway, and scared for my life, grabbed my bags, gave him the money and ran into the airport. I reported this incident to Jurate by email, and within 2 days she had met with the President of the taxi company, identified the driver from the hotel cameras, and the driver was fired pronto!

I never stay in a hotel without checking the TripAdvisor reviews. All reviews for this hotel were responded to by Jurate herself, and she had given an open invitation to any guest to contact her in case of any request or problem. Since I was staying for an extended period, I took up this offer and contacted her regarding a few things. She met me the same day, and 3 of the 5 items on my list were resolved the same day (including getting me a humidifier). She was very apologetic about the remaining 2 items, and I could fully understand her inability to do anything about them. Throughout the stay, she kept in touch with me wanting to know whether I was comfortable.

In no other hotel (including far more stars and price and reputation etc.) have I come across this level of personal involvement from the General Manager. And her enthusiasm extends to almost all the staff in the hotel from housekeeping to reception to porters to restaurant etc. They are smiling, willing to help, polite, and speak excellent English. The overall service levels were the best I have experienced anywhere in the world, and specially in Europe and the Baltic countries that are not quite known for service in the hospitality and dining industry, this was a big surprise. I am sure the credit goes entirely to its energetic General Manager.

After the taxi incident, I do not even have the heart to write about a few minor flaws in the hotel. They pale in front of the excellent service. The location bang in the middle of Old Town in the Town Hall Square is unbeatable. During the 4 weeks, I never needed a taxi or bus or any transport to go anywhere. Almost everything is walking distance. At breakfast grab a seat at the windows for some great people watching outside as you enjoy your breakfast. Each room is unique in size and character and decor etc. So, make sure you check out a couple before settling in. And enjoy your stay at a hotel made wonderful by its wonderful General Manager!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ZenHealer7
rdklaipeda, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Dear Predeep,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our guest. My apologies one more time for the inconvenience with taxi, but it is good that you have reported the problem at once and we were able to take the actions and make sure that at least the driver who was not professional is no longer serving any of guests.
We value all our guests and try to do everything possible to make their stay as pleasant as possible. I am open to meet every guest and to make sure that they all enjoy their stay with us.
It is always would be valuabe for all guests to report any issues during their stay as this is the time when we can solve the issue and, what is the most important, to make their stay convenient and pleasant.
I wish you a nice Holiday season and looking forward to welcome you again.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Stay here if you want one of the best location in old town - a walking distance practically to almost all major Vilnius attraction. Beware, it is a noisy place: in the weekend evenings the crowd scrolling to and from nearby bars, clubs and restaurant, in the morning the leaving guests and cleaners might bother you.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
rdklaipeda, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your comments with others and taking time to write this review.

The location of our hotel is truly the best in Vilnius and you can enjoy the proximity to the main city attractions, shopping area, main sighseeing points of Vilnius.

We are aware of noise coming during night, however this does not happen during every stay and during each night but only during some celebrations in the city.

Of behalf of all us here at the hotel, thank you ofor supporting us and we hope to see you back again in the near future.

Regards,
kerry Ireland
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Great hotel in a fantastic location. Very hard to beat location in old town, everywhere within walking distance. Great value for money, Free Wifi,
Breakfast very good.
Only complaint is that our room which was on the 4th floor, was street facing and very noisy at night.
I would defintely stay in this hotel again, but would be wiser on the rooms.

Room Tip: street facing rooms are very noisy at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and the location of our hotel which is one of the best location in town indeed. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and comments those are very valuable for us.

Of behalf of entire team, thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to welcome you back many time in the future.

Los Gatos, California
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Vilnius has a beautiful old town section, which is where the Radisson Hotel is located. It is in the heart of the old town - walking distance to some of the best parts of the city.
We initially were staying somewhere outside of the old town section, and decided (for a variety of reasons) to move into town. The hotel staff were extremely accommodating, very nice, and did not mind that my two sons and I appeared off the street to book a room.
We were given an room with an in-bathroom sauna (which actually worked! And, quite well). The room and beds were comfortable, the service was excellent. The included breakfast buffet was a step above typical European hotel fare.
Make sure that you are not on the back side of the hotel - there is a disco tech that stays open nearly all night, and which can be heard in the back rooms.
There are two Radissons in Vilnius - be sure to stay in the Blu Astorija hotel, which is in the heart of old town, and not the other one which a tall, modern-looking hotel on the other side of the river.
I am returning next spring, and definitely plan on staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not over the back street/disco-tech!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking time to write a review based on your stay with us at Radisson Blu Astorija Hotel.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us in the very centre of the old town, our location, hospitality and our service.

Yes indeed, there are two Radisson Blu Hotels in the city - our hotel - Radisson Blu Astorija Hotel is a 5* hotel located in the very centre of the old town.

We are aware of the disco club noice which is on the back of the hotel and only few rooms of the hotel can be effected by noice, however the disco is open during the weekend only and do not disturb our guests too much.

With kind regards from the whole team,