“Lovely hotel in the heart of Old town”

Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius
Ranked #11 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We have just return from a trip to Lithuania where visited my husband's family birthplaces. First time in this lovely country and our expectations were exceeded greatly. People are very friendly and helpfull, beautiful cities, and Vilnius Old Town is just something geourgeus. We have stayed in a 5* hotel Radisson Astoria and from the very beggining we felt so welcome here. Reception ladies were most helpfull, always smilling. Room we stayed in - spacious enough and very nice decorated. And very clean. Bed is fantastic - I have some troubles with my back but here I slept a baby sleep. The hotel location you can not ask for more - right in the heart of Old Town. It was just so peasefull to sit in the bar with a fantastic coffee and look to the city life. I will reccommend this hotel to any who will ask for advise.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Jurate R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Johanna W,

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking time to share your experience for your stay with us. I am glad that you have enjoyed our hotel and the location which is one of the bst locations in town and within easy walk to the main city attractions, shopping area, various boutiques.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The location is good for tourists visiting sights in the old town. It's a bit out of the way if you are doing business in the modern city. It's not brand spanking new ... but was clean and well kept. If you use a wash cloth when you shower bring your own (this applies to many hotels in Central Europe.) The hotel is bifurcated into two sections connected by a skywalk over an alley. Some in our party were kept awake by drunks in the alley celebrating a sports victory .... so my advice is ask for a room away from that alley. The staff's English is good which makes for an easy stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Jurate R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your stay with us and for sharing your experience. I am glad that you have enjoyed our location and cleanliness of our rooms. I do apologise for the inconveniences due to the noise.

I look forward to welcome you back if your travel brings you back to our destination.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel is well situated in the old town. The hotel is in need of a good renovation and updating. The WiFI is good, but most regular rooms are small.

Staff is curteous and all speak english.

I have stayed at other hotels in Vilnius and this is typical of the type found in the old city.

Room Tip: Take the business upgrade room. Also, several rooms are on the street side. If you are hard of hea...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jurate R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking time to write the review and for your stay with us. I am glad that you have enjoyed our services. The hotel will be renovated in the beg of next year and I am sure by revisiting us you will enjoy our comfort. The room sizes through the hotel vary as we are in hostorican building and all our rooms are of different size, however in all rooms you can enjoy free WI FI conncetion, heated bathroom floors, tea.coffee making facilities, more than 20 international TV channels, watch movies on Pay-TV or enjoy our other services such as French restaurant with bigges selection of french wines in Vilnius, have a swim in our pool and many more.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Besides the beautiful historical building that really is in a spirit of Old times, I'd like to mention the service. I have stayed in many hotels but this one exceeded all my expectations. Starting from reception guys that were awesome, bar staff - attentive, great sence of humor and recognition. This is just the best hotel in the city - location is just ideal - right on the city hall square, room I've stayed - super comfy, spacious and with all things you need during a trip (even a tea pot with coffee and tea), spa area small but so cosy and very stilish, and last but not least - great food in the restaurant. While I was there they had so called Sunday brunch with sea food theme... Great stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Agata C

Dear Agata C,

Thank yuo very much for your review and for your stay in our hotel. I am pleased that you have enjoyed our services and our location.

Looking forward to welcome you bck,

Reviewed 17 October 2013

It was pleasure to stay! Rooms are cozy and very comfortable! Staff well trained, polite and ready to help in all situations. WIFI signal was strong! Location is hard to beat!, all old city ''highlights'' within minutes! They provide umbrellas when rain show up.. ;) Big and tasty breakfast, I was surprised with selection! Dinner was high class as well! I liked SPA My choice when visiting nice Vilnius!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Ekaterina R,

Thank you for your review and for your stay with us. I am pleased that youhave enjoyed your weekend with your friends with us. I am glad that you have enjoyed our location and our services.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Last weekend we stayed at this hotel with my friends. Perfect location - in old city. Nive view. The breakfast was exelent- good quality and choice. Free WI FI .Carefull staff. I will recoment this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Ekaterina,

Thank you for your stay and for nice comments about our hotel. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to wlcome you back,

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Historical building in the very center of the city, right beside Old Town. Perfect location. I stayed in Business Class room which was huge and with classic décor. Nice to have Nespresso coffee machine, water and bathrobes in the rooms. Free WI FI with very good connection. Breakfast is of very good quality and choice, and definitely recommend to have lunch or dinner in the restaurant. French atmosphere and really tasty food.

Room Tip: Choose Business class rooms for extra size and amenities and visit restaurant!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank U1traviolet
Jurate R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking time to write a review and for staying with us recently. We are glad that you have enjoyed our location, our services and our Business Class room which is indeed one of the best rooms you can enjoy for business or leisure. In Business Class rooms we offer not only Nespresso coffee making facilities but also free in house movies, complimentary newspaper, magazine in the room, late check out if the hotel availability allows and much more in order to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Looking forward to welcome you back if your travel brings you to our destination.

Sincerly,