“Central in the midle of the heart of the Old Town”
Review of Atrium Hotel

Atrium Hotel
Ranked #48 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
“Central in the midle of the heart of the Old Town”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

In the midle of the Old Town in the 'main street' with short way to everything; sights, resturants, bus/train station. Okay hotel But the rooms need a renovation, the breakfast was nothing to brag about.. But the staff were nice and the hotel was clean.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very bad hotelDuring the breakfast is not what you eat.Better not to go.it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Rooms terrible.No service at all..Bathroom was terrible, broken bed.No one would not recommend it!Seated in the reception looking at you from head to toe.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank greta g

Travellers are raving about these Vilnius hotels

Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Three things which metter in any hotel: bathroom, breakfast and a spa. In this hotel there is no spa included but the breakfast is really good. Large variety of quality ham, cheeses, fruits, salads and a 3 minute egg on request. Really nice hotel rooms. Good location. Very good choice for a business trip and not only.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have just returned from a break at the Atrium in Vilnius and have to admit to having mixed feelings about the Hotel.
My wife and I pushed the boat out a little and booked one of their duplex suites which was beautiful however for the price I was a little disappointed that it lacked basic items like tea and coffee making facilities.
The hotel itself is lovely but I found the staff very miserable.
Please don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting them to embrace either of us on our arrival but a simple smile just helps you feel welcome.
Despite this they were very efficient and spoke good English and were good enough to arrange a trip to the Hill of Crosses at very short notice.
Overall I would certainly recommend the Atrium and would have no qualms about staying there again however I think I would probably book one of the cheaper deluxe rooms as the duplex suites don't have a view.

Room Tip: The duplex suites have only small skylights which let in little natural light and obviously don'...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisMac1908
Sheffield
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We only visited Vilnius because the flights were cheap and we fancied a weekend away somewhere cold and hopefully snowy (to get us in the Christmas mood). We picked the Atrium because of it's central location, and because it looked really nice and was so cheap, I presumed it would be too good to be true, but it wasn't.
Now, I suppose it depends on what sort of hotels you normally stay in as to whether or not you think it was great, we normally stay in your standard, Travelodge sort of places, I expect a hotel to be clean and to provide all the facilities I need for my stay, I don't have over the top expectations nor do I expect the staff to bow and scrape to me, as long as they are professional. We booked a deluxe room, as I liked the look of the pictures on their website, and the difference in price was minimal.
Upon check in, yes the receptionist wasn't warm and gushing, but she was professional, fast, and told us what we needed to know. Our bags were taken to the room by a porter (so have a tip ready) and we were put in the biggest hotel room I've ever stayed in. It really did look like the pictures on the website, a massive bed, unit containing wide screen tv, mini bar and safe (safe key is free but you need to ask for it at reception) a large wardrobe, writing desk and some comfy chairs and a table. The bathroom was equally large with a corner bath and a double shower - the heated floor was lovely. I expected nicer toiletries but as I always take my own it didn't really matter. There were 4 double windows in the room, but nothing to look at out of them, just other people's court yards and roof tops, but we weren't there to stay in the room!
Breakfast is buffet style and is enough for most people's needs. Only grumble is the coffee machine. Whilst it provides really nice coffee, the portions are half a cup so you need 2 to fill the cup, and each drink takes about 3 minutes to prepare, so you need to be patient. The girl continually refills anything that is running out, if anything is missing you only need to ask.
We dined in the Argentinian restaurant the first evening, lovely food and really generous portions. It is the most expensive place we ate during our time in Vilnius but the meat was lovely and still much cheaper than the UK equivalent.
Location wise it's great. Halfway between old and new town, so a couple of minutes walk will take you into either. If you want a cheap beer, turn right out of the hotel and go up the alleyway next to the antique shop, there is a bar selling beer at 3.5lt, which is about 80p. It looks a bit intimidating but it's not, the staff speak English and will recommend beers to you if you don't know what to have.
All in all we enjoyed our stay at the Atrium and would definitely stay there again, but next time I'd go for a suite to see just how luxurious that can be!
Please feel free to email me if you want to know anything. I always try to be as honest as possible in my reviews, I personally use Trip Advisor for every trip I do so think that reviews need to be realistic, people who say that this hotel wasn't good, well I think they might have unrealistic ideas about what a 4 star hotel should provide.

Room Tip: we had room 202, views nothing to write home about (back yard and roof tops) but the room was lovely...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karenP65
Nice, France
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The hotel is very well located, in the Piles St, in the middle of the old town, where it is so agreeable to wander, near the old castle on the hill and of most famus churches in the town. The service is OK and the breakfast fine; the service is not perfect but acceptable. Prices are reasonable. There is an Argentienan restaurant connected to the hotel and two quality shops as well, where you'll find the two reference gifts to buy when visiting Lithuania: amber and linen. So, as a whole chosing this hotel can be recommended. However, the rooms are not so big, beds are not very comfortable and the decoration of the rooms and of the whole hotel is cold, not so cosy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RogerTorrenti
Scorze, Italia
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Hotel in the center of Vilnius, good location to visit the city and its monuments, it is
difficult to reach by car but with a good parking after along the main pedestrian street.
Hall sumptuous and welcoming, maybe a bit dark...
I thought Staff was simple and its English is not excellent: but we understood each other and we had no problems.
There is no lift to access to the rooms, at least where we were staying... and make 2 floors with suitcases for old people it can be exhausting!
WiFi is available throughout the hotel with very good signal and the password - the same for everyone - is stated on the key ring of the room, without code prints strange and complicated.
The rooms are very small, but quiet and functional and equipped with clean bathroom (shower gel, shampoo, hair dryer)
...Italian, no look for the bidet ... Here in Lithuania, as elsewhere, it doesn't exist!
Breakfast is served in the underground rooms, a bit gloomy but with characteristic stone walls and furniture-like medieval.
Great variety of sweet and salty dishes, hot and cold drinks and good quality.
Advantageous price.