“I'll try the Artis next time, my colleagues said it was excellent.”
Review of Amberton Hotel

Amberton Hotel
Ranked #31 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Paris, France
“I'll try the Artis next time, my colleagues said it was excellent.”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Positive: Well appointed, spacious and luxurious room. Good location for the old town. The Spa was magnificent.

Negative: The housekeeping could have been more attentive. I left a dirty coffee cup in the room on the first day as I was late for a meeting, it was still there when I returned so as a test I left it. It was still there when I checked out three days later. Also, I accidentally left some items in the room on check out, 2 weeks later I am still waiting to hear if they have been recovered or not, the worst part is that I didn't actually leave the hotel until 4pm after having a massage in the Spa, if room service had half a mind they could have reported that things were in the room to reception and they could have returned them to me when I collected my suitcase. Reception staff were a bit hit and miss, some great, some just going through the motions. Breakfast was distinctly average.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Vaida_Arciskevicene, General Manager at Amberton Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Graham H,
Thank you for staying in our hotel during your March visit to Vilnius. And I am deeply sorry that despite all the positive things you have experienced, you are feeling disappointed and ready to choose another hotel.
I would like to explain that our housekeeping was having the rule of not removing any dishes if some food or drink were left on, but we have revised the procedure and now it should be cleaned in case it is not touched more than one day. What concerns the items you have missed- as you were informed by our reception employee directly by e-mail-we did not find anything left in the room.
I still hope that we will have the chance of seeing you as our guest again.

With kind regards,
Vaida Arciskeviciene

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Everything was great, great location near old town
clean rooms and good breakfast
this hotel is located near Cathedral square and it`s very close to town center
many cafes and restaurants around
excursion bus stop is located opposite the hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Vaida_Arciskevicene, General Manager at Amberton Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Gertsen2014,
Thank you for choosing us for your stay in our city. And thank you for your positive comments about your experience in our hotel, we appreciate it very much.
Looking forward to accommodating you in Amberton again.

Roma, Australia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

At the end of the main street of Vilnius, Gedimino Prospektas, and the view on the Kathedral and the Old city, take upper floors please, then a tour in the old city is mandatory in the back side of the hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Carlo S.,
Thank you for your stay in our hotel. And thank you for calling us "perfect for Vilnius".
If some day again back to Vilnius, we will be happy to see you in our hotel.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Well located between old town and "new town" with its night life. Nearby the Cathedral. Nice and helpful people at the lobby. Very clean room and cosy duvet. Huge breakfest.
Good value for money.
To be recommanded.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Vaida_Arciskevicene, General Manager at Amberton Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Jean Claude J,
First of all thank you for staying with us, and especially thank you for pointing out our main strengths: perfect location, sincere staff and value for the money we are constantly seeking to provide for our guests.

Looking forward to seeing you back with us again!

Paris, France
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

The room was perfectly clean, and I think they have been through renovation because it looked quite new to me.
Wireless Internet works perfectly. Bed and mattress are of good quality.
The breakfast was a little disappointing, but still you can find something for all types of stomach, they could provide more fresh items.
What I appreciated the most from this hotel was the quiet room : I didn't hear my neighbours or people in the corridor or ventilation system or outside. Slept like a baby!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Vaida_Arciskevicene, General Manager at Amberton Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear mac_elina,
Thank you for your stay in our hotel, your good words as well as your suggestions.
Looking forward to accommodating you again whenever back to Vilnius.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This Amberton in Vilnius rather disappointed me. Our room was very old-looking and slightly noisy due to not being properly sound-proof, so that we could hear people talking on the street. We were at the 2nd floor.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Vaida_Arciskevicene, General Manager at Amberton Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Snufkinn,
We appreciate very much that you have used your time to post the comment about your stay. Great to hear that not only superb location but also our breakfast was positively noted. And I sorry that the older wing room you have stayed did not meet your expectations, although they absolutely have own plusses like bigger size and nice view over the Cathedral square.

Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Rather a cold and frosty night with an equally cold and frosty reception, both the area and the staff. No bar and frostily told to go next door which was a bit further than next door and should have put my Winter coat on. The room was good but no window looking outside, just inwards to the atrium and passageway. Bathroom was good. Wi-fi OK. Breakfast was poor with the room freezing and the hot food was cold.
Great location and also next to Sue's Indian Raja restaurant which is brilliant!

Room Tip: ask for a room with an external window and a view