Amberton Hotel
US$110
US$98
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Algirdas City Hotels(Vilnius)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$217
US$90
US$176
US$156
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grata by Centrum Hotels(Vilnius)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$60
Agoda.com
US$180
US$138
Hotels.com
All reviewscathedral squareold townchurch bellsexcellent locationthe wi fivery nice hotelcentral locationcomfortable roomrestaurants and barscomfortable stayporridgebusiness tripbreakfast buffetthe main streetstandard roommini barvisiting vilnius
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

one, this is really a mid-rangeto budget hotel, we stayed as a business group and had several complaints.

The first was that on returning to my room in th evening I found my room had been cleaned, and the door had been left open and unlocked. When I complained at the front desk they only wrote the troom number on a bit of paper and aplogised, did not ask if anything was taken, did not offer to look into the matter, and the second time I pressed the matter they did not aplologise, but gave me a review form to fill in to rank my ecperience. I WOULD NOT TRUST THE SECURITY.

Other complaints included the safe being on the ground and hard to access, windows onto the street were thin and allowed in a lot of noise, they provided an iron but no ironing board, no shampoo in the shower - only a general soap dipenser, doors were thin so all noise outside the rooms could be heard, and that there was no option for room service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank OO-ES
Vaida_Arciskevicene, General Manager at Amberton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear OO-ES,

Thank you for staying in hotel with your business group, and especially thank you for telling us about the problems during your visit. That's extremely important for us to identify any issues, especially concerning the security. The behavior of our reception staff was absolutely unacceptable, therefore we have revised the procedures and retrained the employees to avoid such situation in the future. I would like personally apologize for all inconvenience you were forced to experience, and invite you visit us again in order to see our improvement.

Dalia Gridziuskiene

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We recently returned from a whirl wind tour of Lithuania. Our final stop was the capital, Vilnius. We spent two great days there, with visits to, among other places the Trakai Castle and the Television Tower.
The Amberton was our home for those two nights. It is a typical mid-priced hotel, catering to business people and an occasional tourist. The rooms are small with a small bath which had a tub/shower combination. My old knees found it quite difficult to negotiate the entry and exit to this arrangement. The room was clean with comfortable beds which encouraged a delightfully refreshing sleep.
A free Breakfast is part of the deal, and was perhaps the best we had on our tour. Certainly they served the best coffee, but that isn't saying much, for I found Lithuanian coffee dreadful for the most part. Be prepared for a different Breakfast in Lithuania because they consist of unusual dishes such as salads, cheeses, cold cuts, sausages resembling hot dogs, and some items I can't label along with pre-fried eggs both sunny-side and scrambled.
All in all, I found our stay to be a pleasant experience. The hotel is in a great location, quite close to the old town area which has some outstanding restaurants and bars.
The Amberton is a reasonably priced hotel in a quaint, interesting city which is really worth visiting.

Room Tip: A hint: If you book a room at the hotel, get one on the fourth floor. It is the only floor with rooms that have a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Personally I would not have a guest room on the first floor with entrance right from reception area - it's too noisy. To my susprise, the wi-fi did not work there at all (I personally was too tired to ask for another room and to fix the wi-fi problem). But otherwise the room was beautiful, the hotel in excellent location and the breakfast was with huge choice of food and included in the price. I would definitely recommend! Colleagues had problems during check-out since the printer was not working and instead of solving it immediately by, e.g., proposing to send the bill via e-mail, they kept the queue growing and growing while trying to fix the printer. Check out before breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher than the ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was living 3days at this hotel.Very nice hotel.Rooms are very clean,Location are very good.Food was very nice and very delicious.Employees are very friendly and helpful.Near the city center, very convenient transportation.I would recommend this hotel to all!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank greta g
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a very difficult review to write. I spent six nights at the Amberton, May 6-12, 2014. The reception desk staff were fantastic, helpful and pleasant and happy and welcoming and efficient. Especially Ida and Indren (who should have her name on her badge instead of the word "Trainee!). Premises are clean and modern, rooms clean and well-tended, bathrooms spotless. Restaurant La Cave very good. Location could not be better, right off Cathedral Square. However, some negatives:
1. First room I had, a double, the TV and room safe did not work. transferred to a smaller, single room (felt like a demotion) where the TV worked, but room safe still did not work, plus the room heater and bathroom heater did not work.
2. Second room, door fell off wardrobe when I opened it.
3. NB: INSTRUCTION CARD FOR THE ROOM SAFE, PROBABLY IN ALL ROOMS, IF FOLLOWED, WILL NOT ALLOW THE SAFES TO BE USED! THE CARDS ARE INCORRECT!!
4. Taxi ordered through hotel cheated me; his meter spun so rapidly I couldn't follow it, and I was charged double the rate from hotel to bus station. I expected taxi ordered through the hotel to be honest.
5. Only two English-language TV channels, both news! Would be nice to watch a move in English.
Otherwise, a nice stay. Fortunately the staff made up for most of the negatives with their positive attitudes.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Vaida_Arciskevicene, General Manager at Amberton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Teachrman,

Thank you for your long stay in our hotel and your extensive comments. I am sorry to hear inconveniences with the room and the safe (I have to admit that somehow the instructions in the rooms were mixed up, but we have almost fully solved that problem). And we will try to find the way to improve the situation with the TV channels.
What I am extremely happy to hear- your words about our staff, thank you very much for expressing them. And looking forward to seeing you again if back to Vilnius.

Kind regards,