“first experience of lithuania”
Review of Europa City Hotel

Europa City Hotel
Ranked #36 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Swadlincote
“first experience of lithuania”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel was clean, warm and comfortable. Very helpful staff arranged pizza delivery as restaurant was closed. Despite a rowdy group of russian kids on the 2nd floor once the room was shut the noise was not audible. Lovely breakf as st, lots of choice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel twice on January 2014. Both of the times with a special offer - getting back from EXIT (the nearest and the best nightclub in Vilnius) with the ticket 120 LTL for a double room and check-out before 3pm.
First impression - the room stinks. You cannot ignore that but you get used to it. Rooms are not very clean. Both times I've found stuff under the bed. First time it was a bottle gag, second time a plastic empty bottle but as we were there to have an afterparty - it didn't make us panic or something like that.
The room itself is cozy, not very warm when you enter but you just have to turn up the radiator near the window. Beds are very comfortable and easily moveable to transform your room to double or twin and make it more spacious on one side or another. Shower had a broken door but it was still closeable and openable.
One of the times I've had breakfast. Couldn't say it was breathtaking but not awful also. Second time we ordered hot sandwitches. Not worth it. Wasn't big or tasty at all and costed 9 LTL for one.
Staff is friendly, not a single complaint about them.
To sum up, we enjoyed our stay as we were afterpartying and you might also close your eyes for some things that are wrong if you come here just for the night after the party like we did, but I wouldn't recommend this place for a longer stay or a different kind of stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I find myself in disagreement with recent reviewers in that I found this hotel to be perfectly adequate . It has nice location and all the main sights are walkable.

I found the staff to be helpful and friendly. The rooms were ok and I slept well there.

The breakfasts were good and they have a nice bar. Good value and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Riga, Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stay for a night there. Was nice, clean, and warm rooms.
We get quite big room, but our friend quite small.:(
But the service was quite good, check in is about 14 o'clock, but we was there about 12 already. We phoned before and asked - if it is available to check in earlier. They rephoned - and said yes. One room with requested one double bad was already ready, but second we wait around 10 minutes - it's not a problem for us!
There is fans, TV, shower gel, and free WiFi - and it's nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Olsztyn, Poland
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed for three nights with three kids and grandmother, the good thing was breakfast and cleanliness, but they didn,t give us the rooms we ordered- we wanted two-bed room, we got one double bed, when we complained it turned out, that that all the hotel rooms are in use. So why did they confirm our reservation earlier? The staff in the reception rather rude, especially the guy name Andrius, perhaps doesn't like children. The window in the room didn't close compeletely, we complained about that but didn't get it fixed. Generally I didn,t like it and wouldn,t recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Vilnius
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Actually our stay in this was finished with bad experienced these following things were promised by hotel to us but they didn't keep their words: 1)The very 1st day they didn't provide us double bad room,(2)Electric kettle they didn't provide us(to prepare baby food),(3)2days AC didn't work finally they switched on on final day.The Lady who worked on 19th sep night shift lied us that Ac is under repair & wil work from tomo but we found that they switched off all the ACs,This lady misbehaved with my wife then finally on our request the administration of hotel switched on the Ac & the last 3rd night we could sleep nicely eventhough we paid for Ac room. Please find out about this Ac mater if can & we believe the Lady who worked on 19th sep night shift should be punished for lying & misbehave with my wife.We stayed in the hotel with small baby 1yr old & suffered alot. Eventhough they charged us money for bringing hot water to prepare baby food. We write our complants on their register on 21st sep. night. We suggest people not to stay in this hotel as they cn give u problems & want they(staff) should punished for doing this. Thanks

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank Alok S
Paris, France
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I am disappointed with the staff. I arrived at 11:30 AM after a whole night awake (I was travelling). The receptionist told me the check-in was at 2:00 PM. As I had to wait, I decided to have a coffee at the bar of the hotel. The waitress came 10 minutes after telling me she was going to bring me the check (ie. I have been kicked out of the bar because I was sleepy). I had to wait until 2:00 in the lobby, obviously sleeping in a sofa in front of the receptionist with my bag. Although I am pretty sure that at least one room in the hotel was ready, he did not do anything so I could get a room before. During my stay, I came late in the evening to ask for a bottle of water. Another receptionist was not willing to say a nice word as I started some casual conversation while she was going to the fridge.
The (single) beds were poor. It gave me a backache every morning.
For this price, I would recommend to try another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends