“Like returning to past in to USSR / I would never call it 4*”
Review of Neringa Hotel

Neringa Hotel
Ranked #27 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Reviewed 23 January 2014

That was really my mistake to rely on good reviews here for the hotel. I should trust my first impression when I've looked to the pictures that it is basic USSR style lodging. Relying on these reviews I have spoiled my relaxing in Vilnius.

I would better call it mid 3* hotel with good location.
Room was kind of "refreshed" or repainted, but all old and dirty plugs, switches, fire detectors and so on left without change. Those were not even cleaned and dirty inside. The same considering carpet on the floor - it was just like garbage.

Noisy disco or bar outside on weekends. All the time you can hear something like bum...bum...bum...

Breakfast and "restaurant" just out of the comments. 4* hotel serving instant coffee from the machine, eggs like kept heated for two days.
Floor and chairs squeak on every move. I believe those were not changed since hotel was built

just two small pillows on the bed. no extra one in the room.

a/c - no difference if you put 25 or 18 degrees, temperature remains the same

Furniture and interrior obviously from cheapest possible suppliers.

Generally there would be less complaints and remarks if it would be marked as 2-3 star hotel.

The good:
Reception stuff helpful, discrete and professional
Location - just perfect to explore old town and surroundings
free wifi
free parking

The bad:
inaccurate, outdated hotel.
not comfortable
noise from discos and party places nearby up to early morning
No safety box in the room
no complimentary water
Breakfast absolutely not tasty and feels like heated, reheated, reheated for an hours. No natural coffee. just instant from the machine

Room Tip: I believe I will not return here anymore.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoWu
Genovaite D, General Manager at Neringa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear BoWu,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We apologize you were not completely satisfied with the condition of the hotel room during your stay. Your comments are valued. We are aware that the hotel need some upgrading, and this will be done in the near future.
Thank you for your positive comments about our staff. I will forward your positive comments to our staff members.
If you plan another stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, and we will make sure you will be satisfied with your hotelroom.
email: genovaite.dudeniene@neringahotel.com

On behalf of the entire hotel team-
Our best regards,

Genovaite Dudeniene

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

The location couldn't be better, as it is right on the main street and only a 2 minute walk from the city centre and the Cathedral.
The rooms are ok, the first one I got smelled like smoke but I got a change.
The shower head would always fall off the stillas when I showered. The bed was comfy. The staff was nice, but the breakfast was mediocre.
It was really cool that the hotel had preserved it's old Soviet look (although the rooms were renovated... luckly!).
I think I would try a different hotel next time.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mathias_Weseth
Genovaite D, General Manager at Neringa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Mathias_Weseth,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to the Neringa hotel.
We are very lucky with our central location.
It's great to get information from our guests about their stay as it means we have the knowledge to make genuine improvements where needs be.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards,

Genovaite Dudeniene

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The only hotel I can find in Vilnius that's reasonably priced and that's pet friendly (€5 per pet per night) with free parking and with relatively clean and modern rooms. I liked the location as it's on a pretty commercial street with conveniences like cafes, shops, suoermarts (iki, Mc, Zara, Tiger, Mc, Vero, Coffee inn, M&S) a stone's throw away. Old Town is a nice walk away along the lovely street. I stayed there twice once in a superior room, it comes with bathrobes, slippers and bf. once in a junior suite. We tried the JS because the superior rooms on the top floor has no view from the windows. The JS didn't either as we only realized later that they all face the parking area. The cons: parking altho free means navigating down a flight of steps before reaching the lift to the hotel. They don't vacuum under the bed in the JS( my dog crawls under to sleep there that's how I know). Bf is average. In a nutshell: I will stay there again, because of free parking, friendly staff, pet-friendly and location. Difficult to find another hotel with these 3 requirements.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Mistyriots
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The location of this hotel is very good. The reception staff was very helpful but...the heating system was not working neither to the first room nor the second one they gave me when i informed them about the problem. During my 2 nights stay, the room was heated with a fan heater and this i don't think is appropriate for a 4star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Sylvia K
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as it is in great location, has very decent rooms and overall was a pleasant stay.

The only slight disappointment was the sense that the front desk staff is not as welcoming as they should be for such a nice property. No real smiles, just business. However, they were pleasant enough to talk to over the phone.

I would also add that if you have the option to book a room online with breakfast included then do it.

For me, online breakfast would have been about $7 US dollars but was offered during check in for 10 Euros almost twice the price.

This property has a nice restaurant with some history behind it and also a lounge and disco. Would definitely stay here again and hope I get more smiles at check in.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Genovaite D, General Manager at Neringa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear DMBTraveler ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your stay with us at the Neringa hotel. I am pleased that you found our location to be good and that you found our hotel to be smart, efficient and friendly.
At reception we have view new team members, who feels not so free in the beginning of their carrer in the hospitality business. So we appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

With kind regards,

Genovaitė Dudėnienė
General manager

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have stayed at the Neringa hotel for 2 nights in November 2013. The location is very good - all sights are within walking distance. Another good thing about the place is a free parking space (needs to be booked in advance). I guess I would rate it as good if it weren't a 4*hotel. It's clean but the rooms, the bathroom particualrly, are run-down and the interior seems to remember the old days . The first room we got smelt terribly of cigarettes. The reception staff changed it with no problems though. I would also expect a 4* hotel to offer complimentary water in the room, but this one does not. As for breakfast, the choice was OK, however, the quality was so so, except for the bread, which was very fresh and tasty. All in all, it's a good place to stay if you come to Vilnius for sightseeing. If you are seeking for nice atmosphere and want to spend romantic time, check other hotels as this one lacks the atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna S
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed 3 nights in October. The rooms and facilities are excellent and supported by a first class team of staff, all very helpful and charming. Whilst we did not eat in the hotel, its restaurant and bar were obviously popular. And Vilnius is well worth a visit!

Room Tip: The hotel location could not be better, but rooms on the front can be a little noisy due to traffic...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple