“Great hotel in a central location”
Review of Neringa Hotel

Neringa Hotel
Ranked #25 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very comfortable hotel in a good location in Vilnius. Not the greatest view from the window, but the room was spacey and comfortable and so was the bed. Restaurants and night life is right outside and the hotel is a good starting point for a walk. Breakfast was great and the dining room decorations is also quite interesting. Wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Genovaite D, General Manager at Neringa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear tokyotiger,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at The Neringa Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Best Regards
Genovaite Dudeniene,
General Manager.

There are newer reviews for Neringa Hotel

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed there one night. My door key card did not open the door at the beginning, so i had to go to replace it and then it was ok. Interior of room was nice but outside of room interior is too soviet time, specially in breakfast hall. Room itself was clean and enough room. Location is in very centre, so it is probably the best side of this hotel. Breakfast was also quite rich except Nescafe coffeemachine..that really should be replaced with some more modern machine that can make better coffe and coffee-drinks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank marti384
Genovaite D, General Manager at Neringa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Marti384,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your stay with us in Neringa hotel.
We have a good location here right in the centre of Vilnius and I am happy you could enjoy that.
The inetrior of our restaurant is listed among State Protected Monuments of Lithuanian Architecture. So it is now historical place, restaurant was opened in 1959. It is Soviet Modernism style without any Soviet symbols.
The Nescafe coffeemachine will be replaced in nearest future!

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel has chosen to purposefully keep their old, historical decor to a fairly good standard. The breakfast room, particularly, is a blast from the past. Our room was spacious, well kept and clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Snufkinn

Dear Snufkinn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a lovely review on Tripadvisor.

We appreciate your time you have taken to post this review which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in Vilnius.

Looking forward to welcoming you in near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed here for two nights last week, while on a business trip. I got a room on the fourth floor which was spacious, spotless, and very comfortable.
The reception staff spoke good English, and the bar and restaurant staff were very helpful. I had breakfast both mornings, which I was happy with, but I would like if they would serve freshly made coffee rather than just having the Nescafé machine. All in all, a very good comfortable hotel

Room Tip: I had 402 which was very good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Diarmuid C

Dear Diarmuid C,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Neringa hotel we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

That was really my mistake to rely on good reviews here for the hotel. I should trust my first impression when I've looked to the pictures that it is basic USSR style lodging. Relying on these reviews I have spoiled my relaxing in Vilnius.

I would better call it mid 3* hotel with good location.
Room was kind of "refreshed" or repainted, but all old and dirty plugs, switches, fire detectors and so on left without change. Those were not even cleaned and dirty inside. The same considering carpet on the floor - it was just like garbage.

Noisy disco or bar outside on weekends. All the time you can hear something like bum...bum...bum...

Breakfast and "restaurant" just out of the comments. 4* hotel serving instant coffee from the machine, eggs like kept heated for two days.
Floor and chairs squeak on every move. I believe those were not changed since hotel was built

just two small pillows on the bed. no extra one in the room.

a/c - no difference if you put 25 or 18 degrees, temperature remains the same

Furniture and interrior obviously from cheapest possible suppliers.

Generally there would be less complaints and remarks if it would be marked as 2-3 star hotel.

The good:
Reception stuff helpful, discrete and professional
Location - just perfect to explore old town and surroundings
free wifi
free parking

The bad:
inaccurate, outdated hotel.
not comfortable
noise from discos and party places nearby up to early morning
No safety box in the room
no complimentary water
Breakfast absolutely not tasty and feels like heated, reheated, reheated for an hours. No natural coffee. just instant from the machine

Room Tip: I believe I will not return here anymore.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoWu
Genovaite D, General Manager at Neringa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear BoWu,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We apologize you were not completely satisfied with the condition of the hotel room during your stay. Your comments are valued. We are aware that the hotel need some upgrading, and this will be done in the near future.
Thank you for your positive comments about our staff. I will forward your positive comments to our staff members.
If you plan another stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, and we will make sure you will be satisfied with your hotelroom.
email: genovaite.dudeniene@neringahotel.com

On behalf of the entire hotel team-
Our best regards,

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

The location couldn't be better, as it is right on the main street and only a 2 minute walk from the city centre and the Cathedral.
The rooms are ok, the first one I got smelled like smoke but I got a change.
The shower head would always fall off the stillas when I showered. The bed was comfy. The staff was nice, but the breakfast was mediocre.
It was really cool that the hotel had preserved it's old Soviet look (although the rooms were renovated... luckly!).
I think I would try a different hotel next time.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mathias_Weseth
Genovaite D, General Manager at Neringa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Mathias_Weseth,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to the Neringa hotel.
We are very lucky with our central location.
It's great to get information from our guests about their stay as it means we have the knowledge to make genuine improvements where needs be.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The only hotel I can find in Vilnius that's reasonably priced and that's pet friendly (€5 per pet per night) with free parking and with relatively clean and modern rooms. I liked the location as it's on a pretty commercial street with conveniences like cafes, shops, suoermarts (iki, Mc, Zara, Tiger, Mc, Vero, Coffee inn, M&S) a stone's throw away. Old Town is a nice walk away along the lovely street. I stayed there twice once in a superior room, it comes with bathrobes, slippers and bf. once in a junior suite. We tried the JS because the superior rooms on the top floor has no view from the windows. The JS didn't either as we only realized later that they all face the parking area. The cons: parking altho free means navigating down a flight of steps before reaching the lift to the hotel. They don't vacuum under the bed in the JS( my dog crawls under to sleep there that's how I know). Bf is average. In a nutshell: I will stay there again, because of free parking, friendly staff, pet-friendly and location. Difficult to find another hotel with these 3 requirements.

• Stayed: November 2013