“GREAT HOTEL”

Ranked #13 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
London, United Kingdom
“GREAT HOTEL”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Amazing hotel , friendly nice staff, small but nice rooms, excellent breakfast, good location. recomended

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KrzysioJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed here for two nights while on a business trip. I liked the hotel. The staff was very friendly and service minded. When I checked in I got the code for the free wifi, and it worked fine for me. The hotel is 4 star rated, but I would say the room is more 3 star, and besides it was quite small. When it comes to cleaning, nothing to complain about, very clean! The breakfast was nice and varied, but maybe a bit different from the swedish ones I am used to... Location is good, within walking distance to old town. Over all, I am very satisfied, and if I go back to Vilnius, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Stockholm
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Despite booking a plain average room I was given quite a large room on one of the top floors, around 35m2 with a couch group, working desk and a large balcony (shared with other rooms) along the river with a view on the business district. Quite nice to sip a chilled drink on a warm night with view over the river. The wifi worked well and the minibar prices are reasonable too. The service and friendliness was standard, nothing you would remember particularly positive though. Everything was clean even though the design is slightly outdated with lots of carpets. It's only a short walk from both the old town and the business district and directly opposite the opera.

Room Tip: Take a floor with a balcony, floor 9 I think
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Dublin
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The service in this hotel has got to the worst I have ever come across. We had booked my parents in to stay for a week as we have a wedding in a few days time. We arrived at the hotel late at night with them to find the hotel had no booking for them even though they had confirmation. The hotel was full and the 3 useless satff behind the desk had no interest in their situation or trying to help find another hotel. All they wanted was for us to leave the hotel. i hope for the sake of the lithuanian tourist industry that not all hotel staff are like this

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank cill123Dubliner
Leeds
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I stayed with my wife from 10 - 20th July 2011. I had booked a superior room three weeks before my stay and emailed the hotel to inform them I would be arriving late. When I arrived, the hotel had allocated a standard room and not what I had paid for. As it was late, I agreed to discuss in the morning. Next day the staff did ensure I was placed in the room I paid for so it worked out in the end but at first I was told there were no superior rooms available and I had to insist before the message got through, not a good start. I was in room 508. The hotel is in my opinion in need of modernisation and is starting to look dated internally. If you stay at the Congress, please be aware that the hotel is on a busy road junction next to a roundabout and the traffic noise can be bad at times, one thing that the Vilnius drivers seem to like is to cruise down the road next to the river, which goes down one side of the hotel and their cars and motorcycles have very loud exhausts, though if you close the windows, it is not so bad, This hotel advertises a "Mini Gym" and this is perhaps going a bit far as the equipment consists of 2 cross trainers located in a glass greenhouse like room on the 5th floor without air conditioning. I would not like to attempt to use it as the temperature in there was high, due to the fact that the sun shone through it most of the day and I never saw anyone in it. I only ate Breakfast in the hotel, which was of a reasonable standard, nothing special. The staff are OK but not over friendly and the concept of customer service does not seem to have taken hold in this country yet. On the plus side the superior room was of a good size, the beds were comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. WIFI in the hotel is free and my only complaint is that it was poor or non existent at the end of the hotel where my room was, they need to improve coverage. Over all I think that the standard of the hotel is probably 3 star and considering the price I paid for my stay is a bit over priced. Would I go back?
Well I stayed there to be near to a company I was working at, so location was important but there are better hotels for the price.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel can be noisy but the river view is good if you are not a light s...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 2 September 2010

My room was used by heavy smokers before I got it, so the smell was almost unbearable!!! Breakfast room is much too small in relation to the number of guests. We were asked to come to breakfast at 8 am and then had to wait for another 25 minutes because all the tables were taken, then nobody cleared. When I asked at the reception why we had to wait for such a long time, the answer was: what shall I say?. No apology at all! Hotel is located at very noisy crossroads, so don't expect getting a good night's rest.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 30 August 2010

The hotel is far from the main attractions of old town. It’s better to choose another hotel if you want to appreciate the beauties of the city. Moreover personnel is not so kind and services do not respect its category. This is the hotel for you if you are a business man.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple