“Nice hotel and pleasant staff but thin walls spoiled my overall impression.”
Review of Ecotel Vilnius

Ecotel Vilnius
Ranked #31 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Kiev, Ukraine
“Nice hotel and pleasant staff but thin walls spoiled my overall impression.”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have just returned from my trip to Lithuania, and we spent 5 nights in Ecotel in Vilnius.
In general I must say that I was satisfied with the level of this hotel, it corresponds to its **.
The room was rather small facing the road, everything necessary was there. Clean towels were brought every day and special thanks for hot water in the bathroom and high-speed free Wi-Fi. Nothing more was necessary in the evening.
Breakfast was also excellent : I preferred porridge, cheese and butter sandwiches and coffee. Very grateful to the chef not only for preparing tasty food but also for decorating plates with lovely flowers made of fruits. It was lovely, I appreciate that. For heavy eaters they even had potato and herring for breakfast. I also liked that breakfast was slightly different every morning, you could come from 7 AM to 10 AM and had enough food for not being hungry up to the noon. On the day of the departure we had early flight to Kiev and were given lunch boxes instead of breakfast though I didn't expect that.
The hotel is very close to the center and I never used tram to get there, 20 minutes walk and you are on Gediminus Avenue.
And now about one thing I disliked at all and want management bring their attention to the fact that thin walls really spoiled my impression about the hotel.
Every evening and night we heard our neighbors talking, laughing, snoring or making love with all the sounds and movements that you can imagine.
That was very unpleasant especially at night. Please do something for your every guest to feel himself comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kolrina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is really a very average hotel for the this part of the world: the Baltic countries.

It is very difficult to park near it, since it doesn't have its own parking lot. It is surrounded with the old, Soviet-style buildings which may have some parking spaces near them where local residents park. I left my car there too, and it was ok. You would find similar buildings in many former Soviet Union countries.

Hotel was nearly packed when we came there after 11PM, but it was still a room for us. Many loudly talking people in the lobby and on the stairs outside.

Room was small and clean. Motel-style. Price was ~$45.

They have breakfast in the morning, breakfast room in the basement was full of people. So try to get there earlier. Food was plenty, you can probably eat enough to get you through the much/most of the day.

Hotel is located in around 1km from the historical part of the city, so it is a very convenient base to explore it.

All this make this hotel a very reasonable, budget option to stay in Vilnius. Nothing outstanding or memorable, just reasonable.

Room Tip: Try to get to hotel earlier. Get the room not facing the front of the hotel, as it tends to get noi...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlphaRomeoTBi
Gyongyos, Hungary
Reviewed 17 October 2013

October, 2013. Big hotel with good location, walking distance old town ( cca 15 min ) and some shopping centres ( EUROPA cca 5 min ). From Airport ( Oro uostas ) take bus 3G , I got off at Europa Center and walked straight on ( back ) to hotel. Staff friendly and helpful, the walls are very thiny, the room was clean but in the bathroom was a really terrible stench (sewer smell ) unfortunately.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Brighouse, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This was our 1st trip to vilnius and found this hotel as its cheap and the reviews were good. The hotel was ok to stay in, about a 15 to 20 min walk if you went past the old footie stadium as this took you directly to the old town. The room we stayed in was on the ground floor and one of the downsides was the as we had a double was two single beds pushed together with single quilt / covers on them.
The room did not have a bedside table so nowhere to put simple things like a watch to tell the time or glasses if you happened to wear them. it seemed directly outside our room was a steel shed which made a noise when the rain came down really hard and as it rained the entire time we were there it did it every day but that can hardly be blamed on the hotel.
The shower and toilet/sink were in seperate rooms which was good as well.
Overall the hotel staff were helpful and gave us the information that we needed throughout the stay. A fantastic hotel for the money and a great bargain. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher B
Oberrodenbach, Hessen, Germany
Reviewed 11 September 2013

OK first of all, I dont understand the good quotes here. For the normal price of 59€ this hotel is ridiculus. In former times this was an hospital, the rooms are very small and badly arranged. I stayed there now 4 times this year and I had only one time a room which was not smelling. My worthed stay there was in room 412, it was very smelling and an small single bed. The stuff is very friendly and helpfull, the entrance and the close surrounding is very clean. The location is not that bad, you can still go by foot to the center of Vilnius. Nevertheless if you only want to sleep this could be your choice. Vilnius is such an wonderfull city that only sleeping in your hotel is sufficient because there are a lot of locations which you should visit and not wasting your time in the hotel. There is also a bar in the hotel but it closes 11 o'clock in the evening but for a beer after work it's OK. In the close surrounding there are a few locations where you can have good lunch or a few drinks. The choiche of the breakfast is OK but the quality is not good. So realy if you want only sleeping in you hotel you can take the Ecotel, if you want a bit more take a look if you can find another one. But please visit the onderfull city of Vilnius

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JcJ81
Bozena K, Front Office Manager at Ecotel Vilnius, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing ECOTEL Vilnius hotel for your trip to Vilnius.
Also thank you for review which is very important and can help us and other travelers to learn more about the quality of the products and services at the ECOTEL Vilnius hotel.
We look forward seeing you again soon.

Sincerely yours,
T : +370 5 210 2700 | M : +370 6 825 8885 | F : +370 5 210 2707
Email : bozena@ibc.lt | Web : www.ecotel.lt
holland
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed in Ecohotel several times. With pleasure. The staff is very adequate, speaks english very well is helpfull and friendly. All compliments! The toilet and shower are small but clean and it affrods everything you might need. The rooms are small aswell but goog enough. The only negative point i must mention is the size of the beds and the noise at night. . The beds are very small. I wanted to put the matras on the floor but unfortunately you cannot move it because it is stuck on the bed. I am not big myself, not even average, so people who are taller than me might have a problem......
I also tried to put two beds together to have more space but thats inpossible because there is a non-movable table in between the two beds. The hotel is located on walking distance of the city ( 20 minutes) in a quet area, no noisy streets aside the hotel. My room was on the frontside. I woke up a few times during the night because groups or other noisy guests arrived in the hotel .Even staffmembers were talking rather loudly at the entrance. It was very disturbing. Such a pitty for i would have rated this hotel certainly as excellent if those two points would have been different.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front might be noisy because of groups and people are coming and going during the nigh...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Although this is a definite budget hotel, we were pleasantly surprised by our accommodations. The room was small, but adequate. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom and shower were clean and we had a regular flow of hot water.

The WiFi worked. The staff were friendly and helpful. As we left for an early morning flight, they arranged for us and our colleagues to have box lunches to take with us in lieu of a hot breakfast.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business