“week-end in a 6bed-room”

Downtown Forest Hostel & Camping
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The staff very friendly, good kitchen and a cosy fire place.
5 minutes on foot to get Uzupi's district and 10 to the old town
Room without curtains on the windows and there is no place in the room to storage the suitcase, no lockers.

You have to use some codes to open the doors, sometimes it's difficult to enter at the main entrance.

Free wifi.

Situated in a really quiet street (but a bit dark and isolated)

Room Tip: Take a rest reading a book next to the fire-place
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I hv stayed there for three nights. rooms are clean (though without lockers) and kitchen is spacious with everything you need. Staff are helpful and they provide free coffee in the morning between 9-11.Toilets and Bathrooms are adequate. Wifi is pretty weak inside my room but no problem in the common area.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The hotel has an excellent combination of price and quality. If you want stay AT NIGHT while travelling it's the best way to do it. The location for us was very very good (we found it without difficulties! And it's near to the centre of the city) The bed is comfortable and bedclothes is clean. There is a large kitchen with all necessary things. There is not only pluses, but minus too - shared shower on the floor! But in a whole, it's nice place for its price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I am an older guy in my sixties but I love to travel taking advantage of cheap transport and accommodation deals. I only require the accommodation to be cheap clean and safe - I am not really bothered about five star frills although on occasion I have been pleasantly surprised.

I booked a Ryanair flight to Vilnius for £24 return including taxes so then I needed to book somewhere to stay. After a search on the net, I found that hotels in Vilnius were generally outside my price range, so I looked at hostels. I am a bit too old to consider a dormitory but I booked the single room at this hostel for three nights for a total of 90 lits about £23. At this price I expected to be disappointed. I was mistaken - this hostel was excellent value for money.

I followed their instructions for getting there from the airport, Basically, the No 1 bus to the bus station and then the 34 bus for four stops. The fare on each bus was 2.50 lits payable to the driver. There was a five minute walk to the hostel.

I was warmly greeted on arrival and shown my room - quite spacious and very clean. There was a communal kitchen to use if I wished. Beer and coffee was available from reception at very reasonable prices.

The next morning I was given very clear directions to the Old Town and a map of the city. It is only ten minutes walk from the hostel - en-route I passed the "constitution" of this delightful area. I asked for directions to a museum and the staff immediately offered to phone to check that it was open!

I thoroughly enjoyed my little stay at the hostel and hope to return. Even at three times the price it would have been good value for money but at the price that I paid it was the proverbial steal. The young staff at the hostel were very helpful and gave a better service than I have experienced in even five star hotels.

Really recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank terryw2
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I made a reservation couple of days before we got to Vilnius and telling them specifically if we arrive late will it be a problem to get in to the hotel or not. They were very nice and said of course it's not a problem since they have a 24/7 reception, so we should just come whenever we feel like. Well, they don't have a 24/7 reception. We arrived to Vilnius a bit after 12 pm and I tried to call them already then that we will arrive soon, but of course no answer on the phone. We arrived to the hotel around half past 12 and we started to knock on the door and ring the bell for an hour. We were basically locked out from the room we booked, so they helped us in having the worse experience we had while being in Lithuania, so I don't suggest this place at all.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Manwith1plan
Reviewed 1 May 2010

We stayed at Paupio Namai for a night in November. We were rather impressed by the out-of-the-city-centre neighborhood, though we encountered nothing dangerous or scary, and I suppose the location is okay. The stuff were friendly with us, they explained us all the things about using the complicated keys, etc. A breakfast was also included in the price - it was nothing special, but still a good extra service if you don't have much time before your next transportation in the morning.
What made our experience rather extremal, is that the boiler appeared to be broken. As it was already cold in early November, it was unbearably cold overnight without the heating. The blankets were rather a summer variant and didn't help much. In the morning, we discovered that the same problem affected the water in the shower. Additionally, the shower door wouldn't close.
However, I believe these problems were temporary, and I would choose Paupio Namai again, especially if I were visiting in a warmer season.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Daryase
Reviewed 28 August 2007

Paupio Namai is located in very plesant place near Viliya river (Uzupio-Zarzecze). Netherveless the close surroundings is very frustrating - lost post-industrial bouildings, slums- it's good for very young people seeking new experience, not for the family with small children or honeymooners or elders. I have to admit that surrounding is safe, inhabitants are familiar with tourists and they succcessfully help us to find this location (It is extremly difficult to access this place by own car). We stay almost a week in the room advertised as "two-bed with shower". It's pity that wasn't writtten that shower is directly located in a room and due to transparent walls looks like a kind panopticon (your take a shoer and and you may look at a room and simultanously your are observed). The building looks nice and is still modernised (coded doors). The problem is conditions of rooms and WC. Room was not clean enough especially near the shower. WCs was even worse - lack of tolet towels and sometimes even paper and no ventilation! The personel was nearly nice but in communication they prefer Russian, old soviet costums, and they pretent not understand Polish so familiar with Russian, and that problem to my wife, who forgot to speak launguage of Putin. I have to admit that access to kitchen was guaranteed and we have not to pay for the stay of our 3,5 years old daugher.
I recommend this place for students, young people, backpackers and bachelors party, the other should try to find another place

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Fasola