“top notch staff, location and accomodation”

Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square
Ranked #2 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Reviewed 24 July 2014

From the moment we drove up we could tell this was top notch. Reception took us to our room to walk us through the specifics while they brought up our luggage and parked our car. I had mentioned on the reservation that it was my husbands birthday and a card and cake were already in our room. We enjoyed cocktails in the bar and staff were top notch. Breakfast was included and each morning staff was very good. One evening we ate in the bar and the food was delicious. The spa and pool area were fabulous although my deep tissue massage was average. On my husbands actual birthday which our breakfast staff had noted, she brought us another cake that afternoon. Highly recommend this fantastic hotel. Best we've been to in the Baltics. And its located right on cathedral square which is also the gateway to old town. Couldn't be better.

Room Tip: We overlooked cathedral square in room 417. Perfect.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Superb. Everything about this hotel is excellent - the location, the building, the finish quality, the staff, the breakfast and the staff. Did I mention the staff? Impeccable service from the moment we checked in until we checked out.

Room was well appointed, quiet, offered ample storage and had a bathroom I wish I had in our house. Sleep quality is excellent thanks to the wonderful beds, linens and soundproof windows. Location is perfect for visiting Vilnius and the train station is a 25 minute walk away.

This hotel has kažkas ypatingo!

We look forward to visiting this property again when we visit Vilnius.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My spouse and I stayed for 6 nights recently, having reserved based on on-line reviews.

Now that our visit is over, I promise you it was the most wonderful hotel stay I have ever had.

From the moment I arrived and pulled into the curb, until the last goodbys 6 days later at 4:20 am in the morning, I could not ask for any better service, wonderful staff, facility, location, food and unbelievable spa staff and facility.

For example, the first Leader I met was Tomas at the door, who immediately took care of our car, bags, handed us a glass of champagne while we checked in and felt like a close, friendly and very polite and caring family member. I met Tomas off and on during the visit and had many brief and pleasant interactions and he always was engaging and ultimately wanted to know what he could do to help and make our visit even more enjoyable. It did not matter what it was, he would help us.

Each and every one of the front desk staff were wonderful. I cannot remember them all, but I do remember Sarunas, Albina, Vytautus and Serge who took car of our rental car and was like family. Outstanding. I should also mention that as I speak only English, communication was perfect with all the hotel staff and leaders.

Our rate included breakfast. This was in the amazingly quiet dining room overlooking Cathedral Square. There could be much going on outside, but nice and quiet and cool inside. The buffet was spectacular and we also ordered off the menu and had tasty crepes and omelettes. Each and every staff member treated us like gold. We would be waited on by several different staff typically who would get us whatever we wanted and quickly removed finished dishes. I cannot remember all of the staff, but there were two ladies, each named Neringa who were first class. I wish I could remember more for recognition.

Our trip was to be part of the Lithuanian Song and Dance Festivals and we enjoyed all of this tremendously as the hotel is right on the square and central to so much of the activity. We could cross the street to the square, shop nearby, watch the parade and retreat back to the hotel when our aging bodies needed a break.

Now at the hotel, the Spa is nothing short of amazing. Low levels of lighting, a beautiful pool, hot top, giant dry wood sauna, giant wet steam sauna, amazing lounges, towels and water bottles every where, separate mens and women's locker room with toilets showers, programmable lockers, soap, shampoo, toiletries, hairdryers and robes. I am sure I did not list it all it is so wonderful.

The Spa staff was amazingly personable, cheerful, helpful, and highly proficient at each detail or treatment procedure. It was all a pleasure, from making an appointment with Evelina all the way to receiving treatments from Barbara, Agnes, Rima and Ruta. We would leave refreshed and wanting to come back again the next day. The privacy to and from the spa was well thought out. We could leave the room in our robes, get on the elevator and appear at the spa reception and changing rooms without any contact with the lobby or stairs. The spa was spotless and kept in tip top shape. No detail was too small. I thank all of the Spa staff for their excellence and help.

We had a deluxe room with a King bed. It was all very spotless, quiet, comfortable maintained. We could not ask for more. A large shower, tub, plenty of space, robes, towels, programmable safe, great bed and room lighting, a good view. First class. Could not be better.

So for anyone who would like to experience a visit like I described above, I promise you the Staff and this Hotel will make you say it was well worth the choice and you will be looking for ways to return in the future.

Many thanks to the Kempinski staff who made this such a memorable and pleasurable experience.

For reference, I am a practicing Engineering Executive at a large international aerospace corporation with 35 years of experience and have visited many hotels worldwide.

Room Tip: I had my room placed on the back side off the street, but later I determined the windows and constru...
2  Thank Thomas J
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My daughter stayed here for five nights while visiting me last week. It was perfect. She uses a wheelchair so much of her travel is a trial and a challenge to make-do. Not this time. She was actually able to enjoy every minute of her stay. The staff was superb, the food delicious, and the facilities perfect. She also very much enjoyed the spa.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Marigoldatlaw
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hotel location is superb, interior quality of product is excellent but I always say that the difference between the four and five star hotels is not so much the interior but the great customer service provided by its staff. Well at Kempinski Cathedral Square both the F&B and the FO team members contributed to make this hotel really stand out. Salute!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Kempinski on a recent Tauck tour through the Baltics. It is clearly one of the best hotels in which I have ever stayed, and I've travelled quite a bit. The staff was the ultimate in friendliness, and were helpful and approachable. The hotel itself is gorgeous, the rooms large and well planned, and the location ideal. I can't imagine any traveler, even the most discriminating, not loving this hotel. Of course, the king bed was two singles pushed together, but that what you get all over Europe. This is a luxurious, delightful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Kempinski is a venerable name; it is Europe's oldest luxury hotel group. The Vilnius Kempinski fully justifies the group's reputation. We know Vlnius well and have stayed at a number of its better hotels. The Kempinski is by far the best.

Perhaps the best feature is the perfect location on Cathedral Square, close to the picturesque Old Town, and equidistant to the newer part of town. Restaurants, shops, cafes, museums, government buildings, bookshops, theaters, and scenic walks are steps away. Also remarkable is the beautiful old building that was recently renovated to create a truly charming ambience. The Telegrafas restaurant on the first floor is lovely and serves a superb buffet breakfast.

Everything works perfectly in your room; it's all new and modern. The division of bathroom into bath, shower and WC is great. We enjoyed a 4th floor room with a view on the cathedral. The glass windows keep your room free of any traffic noise.

The service is impeccable in all respects. All staff make an effort to accede to your every need.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, with balcony if possible.