“Never again”

Price range: US$15 - US$22
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I actually do not understand why people go there. Terrible service and food. Always with a million of mistakes. Not fresh and so cheap.

There are newer reviews for Cili Kaimas

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Just beside the novotel, with the local cuisine.
When you enter, the impression is not so good, but once arrived in the cellar, the atmosphere is good and pleasant. The service was OK, and correct. The restaurant seem to from part of a chain. The menu is quite extented, and a good choise of wine
Food was OK but not special. You all the local diches!

1  Thank Hans J
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We wanted to eat local food in a local restaurant and this was it. There was nice menu's with pictures - easy to choose. We tasted 3-4 different portions and liked - got what we were looking for. Service was good and price level reasonable. There was plenty of people and we got our orders in reasonable time. Very good compared to price.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was in Lithuania briefly this summer for a stopover between Rome and Minsk. We went from the airport to the train station where we stashed our luggage, then hopped into a taxi to get something to eat. We asked the driver to take us someplace that offered some local cuisine, and this is where he dropped us off. Yes, the service was a little on the slow side, but coming from Italy, where no meal is rushed, the wait didn't feel unusually long. Our server was friendly and my friend and I both enjoyed our meals. I had the dumplings - potato dumplings with meat centres and covered in a lovely mushroom cream sauce. I liked the ambiance of the place, though the western pop music did not fit in with the whole "Traditional Lithuanian" experience.

I'd give this restaurant another half star if that were an option on the rating, but it was definitely not a four star experience so opted for three.

I hope that next time I am in Vilnius I can stay for more than just a few hours, but I enjoyed my lunch at Cili Kaimas and would return there again.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

A decent review in Lonely Planet encouraged us to come to this Lithuanian chain for some national cuisine. We initially sat outside but were told the food would take an hour. Given that and the abundance of smokers, we went inside. It was pretty stuffy in there (no air con) and the music was prominent, but the menus were a little more extensive and slightly cheaper than outside.

We had the cold beetroot soup which was reasonable and the mushroom soup which was flavoursome but rather gelatinous. For mains, we selected savoury pancakes and a dish called ‘Wedding Fairings’ consisting of roast pork neck stuffed with cheese and pickled vegetables, These were both ok, nothing spectacular, Actually, my wife wasn’t feeling too well when the starters came so I asked the waiter to cancel her order but he said it was too late as the order was in the system and couldn’t be cancelled.

Overall, the meal was adequate but there are better places to eat in Vilnius such as Senoji Trobele or Le Gout.