“Overpriced and shabby!”

Ranked #32 of 51 Speciality Lodging in Parnu
Helsinki, Finland
“Overpriced and shabby!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

We really expected much more from this place than an old, run-down and shabby place. The room was big, but no air-con and the street was pretty busy with party goers in the early morning hours. Everything in this place looks like a hostel, and definitely this is overpriced. Parking place at the backyard was good, but the internet connection lousy. This was our worst experience in the Baltic countries around the same price category. The staff was friendly, breakfast rather minimal but OK. If you want to watch the TV, you will need binoculars, this was the smallest TV-set I have encountered ever in a hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the backyard.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LPekkala

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Finnish first
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

I stayed in Green Villa for 3 weeks and it was my worst experience of hotel service.
1) the rooms are cleaned rarely (once in 3-5 days) and when it happens the quality is very low.
2) when I asked the manager how offen they change towels she first answered that it happens every 3 day. When I asked the same question in 10 days of my staying there the same manager told me that for those who stays long they change towels one in 5 days!!!
3) The linen was promised to be changed on the 8th day but it was changed on the 9th day after my request!!! By the way, the linen was very old.
4) The host and the hostess of the guesthouse treated me as a daughter in law (which is not in favour) and not as a client who paid them over 2000 Euro. They could be even rude sometimes. The manager could answer one way one day and another way next day.

5) I didn't risk to eat breakfast there since I was not sure about the quality of the products but when I had hot chocolate on the last day of my staying there I had my stomach disordered for the next 2 days.

6) In spite of the fact I was staying there with 3 kids without my husband I was ready to pack all our things to move to another hotel but they didn't allow saying I must pay for 3 more days.

terrible

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank marcela35

Travellers are raving about these Parnu hotels

Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2009

Parnu -Green Villa
We recently stayed at the Green Villa and had a very strange experience. It's recommended in LP's E. Europe book; we don't recommend staying there. We arrived at the Tourist Office without reservations and asked them to call the Green Villa. There was a vacancy for 600 EEK. We arrived at the "hotel", registered, paid, and discussed when breakfast would be available. Later in the evening, the older woman who is the manager told us that she had put us in the wrong room, thinking that we were a Canadian couple who had reserved on-line. She laughed about it and said she'd find a place for the other couple; she was overly friendly.

The next morning when we appeared for breakfast, she told us that she couldn't include breakfast for what we had paid and demanded another 200EEK. I thought she was joking, but she assured us that she wasn't joking. Moreover, even though the night before she told us that there was wifi which was free (we had our own lap tap), she now wanted money for that. She was a totally different person, actually "in your face" mean. We quickly packed up our bags and left. She definitely has a "Jekyll and Hyde" personality!

If you stay here, be sure to get a receipt when you pay!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple