“I am giving you the best advice ever”
Review of Aqva Hotel & Spa

Aqva Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rakvere
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I love the spa, its absolutely awesome- saunas, pools everything is super! But I would recommend people to book another hotel and just visit the spa. There are excellent hotels in Rakvere that are up to 10 times cheaper! In case you do not know- Rakvere is sooo tiny so there are hotels very close to aqva that cost fraction of the price of this one. This hotel is overpriced, always packed, usually full of loud russians. But the spa is definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KaisaJoe

Reviewed 18 December 2012

This hotel is located in an oldish, quiet town of Rakvere. I was fascinated with the possibility of enjoying something so luxurious in a place like this. Walking around the town, you see old, beautiful houses, the castle is located quite close to the hotel, and right outside the hotel, you see a lovely little pond with a bridge over it and a church right by it. And when you walk inside the hotel, it is like a totally different world.

The hotel lobby has lovely interior, very decorative, but it all goes along with the theme. The restroom in the lobby is amazing, so beautiful decor. The restaurants Mezzo and Arabella are located on the entrance floor.

Our room was located on the 3rd floor. I suppose 2nd floor would have been more convenient for visiting the water park area since that was on the 2nd floor. The room was nicely decorated, following the overall theme in the whole hotel. Everything was tidy and we had a view towards the church. Room had everything we needed, and enough space for us, but nothing large. It was pretty similar to the average room sizes in Tallinn. There was lots of space in the wardrobes. Bathrobes were waiting for us on the beds, and there was also extra pillows available. They cleaned the rooms every day and clean towels awaited us on daily basis. The water park has its own towels so you don't have to bring along them from your room.

The water park was accessible with a wrist band. Also, the lockers inside there, were locked by the wrist bands, but unfortunately many of them were out of order. Shower facilities were fine, enough shower stands there, pressure could have been better though. There was one basic sauna in the shower area. The pool area had lots of choices. I really enjoyed the pool with the waves and interval rains, a lovely experience. The same pool continued to the other side with many different types of jets along the pool side. There was an outside pool that you could swim into from inside. It was enjoyable to swim there when it was actually raining, but I bet it's even more lovely in sunshine. The lower level had two jacuzzis and the sauna complex, which included different kinds of saunas, of which I most enjoyed of the infrared and aromatic saunas. You can also find hot and cold showers that give you needle-like showering all over the body, that was interesting and very stimulating experience. A dip into cold water is also possible here. Upstairs, there was a pool for more serious swimmers, and this is also the only pool that they open during the morning swim time. There were also few other pools in the main area for children and a long tube slide. There is a bar there, too, and you can buy things from there under your room bill, and surprisingly, you are allowed to take the drinks in all the pools.

We both had pre-booked spa treatments in the Emeraude Spa. On general note, I would say that all the treatments are excellent in their own way, unless you get unlucky with a poor employee. My bambu massage was ruined by this. The only reason I know that I was missing crucial things is that my sister also went with the same treatment with a different person, and her experience was totally different. The shanghai massages are probably the best ones out of all the massages they offer. I only had the foot massage, but boy, do I wish I had gone for the full body instead. Rasulbad is an amazing experience, and I warmly suggest that for everyone. My only regret with that is that I didn't bring along my camera!

We both also had spa treatments at Alessandro Spa. I have never had such good peeling of the hard parts under the feet, they used a totally different technique than I've ever seen.

The breakfast is served at Mezzo, and it's really abundant and delicious. But if you want to have a piece of the salmon, be there early. We also dined at Mezzo on our first night, and their menu is pretty good, with lots of choices. Tables are set beautifully, and the food is excellent. The decorations are luxurious.

We also dined at Arabella one night, and they serve more of the everyday food, but it's good and delicious. When we wanted a wine that they didn't have on their menu, they went to get it from Mezzo. Our waiter was absolutely fantastic, and very committed to his work, unlike the experience we had at Mezzo. The decorations were not luxurious, quite the contrary, but very fitting to the atmosphere and type of food they serve.

They don't really advertise their client card at the reception, but it's well worth it to buy it for 10 euros if you plan to have treatments and eat at the hotel since you get 10% off from the prices. My sister bought the card, and all the discounts applied to me also. In addition, you get some discounts at local places, for example, at Turuplatz restaurant. We only wish we had known this earlier, and we would have saved even more.

I really enjoyed my stay here, wish it had been longer than 4 days, but I will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank whippo2
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Great setup for spa, sauna and swimming. The beauty centre was great too. Unfortunately the rooms are very small and simple. I found better value for money elsewhere in Estonia. The staff were very helpful and welcomed Australians. Need to book this one as it does fill up. I couldn't get a room on a Saturday night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Best spa I have been in. I used to go there every single day for six months so I know what I am talking about! I love the saunas, I love the pools, people who work there are fantastic are really helpful. It is a true bliss to float in the pool with ice cream-plum juice-bacardi rum cocktail in your hand. Restaurant Mezzo is superb. Really good quality, nice atmosphere. Hotel rooms are nice, hotel breakfast is good. Spa is excellent, massages are really amazing. I do not have anything to complain about. Every time I am in Estonia I go to Aqva spa and also take all my guests there. It sure is one of my favourite places in Estonia.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank KaisaJoe
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

Aqva spa is nice clean hotel in Rakvere. Spa is nice with many saunas. Breakfast is good.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Sangsomset
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We spent 4 nights on this spa hotel in February. Hotel is stylishly decorated with water theme. Rooms were rather small for 4star, but there was nearly all you needed. Bathrobes were waiting on bed, but slippers have to be bought for 2 eur per pair. Waterpark has 25-m 6 lane pool for swimmers, various different pools, couple of jacuzzis and 2 pools for kids. Three traditional saunas, steam sauna, steam sauna with aroma, salt sauna, IR-sauna, room with warm benches (great way to relax if there aren´t people talking). There´s also cold water pool and hot/cold pools for feet. Waterpark & saunacentre were lovely, but you better go there daytime as in the evenings they get crowded by locals. We also had various treatments (incl. beauty) which were very good. If you´re in this place you must have 1-hour shangai foot massage. You´re using your feet everyday, so you better give them this excellent massage.
Breakfast buffet has lot of choice, it was great. We had delicious dinners in Mezzo, had very good pizzas at Arabella once. Service in both were marvellous. We used both English and Finnish in hotel with no problem. If I could, I´d rate this hotel 4,5

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UAO
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This is superb new hotel, situated in the center of Rakvere, very close to the main square and shopping centers. The rooms are spacious, modern, clean and have all amenities. Use of connected waterpark and gym is included in price of the room. Bathrobes are provided for free by default, slippers can be bought (2 EUR), swimwear bought or rented. At waterpark there is some 5 pools (swimming, waves, kisd, etc) 8 various saunas, couple of jacuzzis. There is also some beauty facilities, bud I didn’t use them, so can say nothing about it. Included breakfast is fantastic, wide choice of fish, meats, dairy products, bakeries, vegetables, fruit, etc. Everything is very tasty and looks great. Restaurant serves very tasty and aesthetically prepared dishes, but not big and not very cheap. Main courses are 11-18 EUR. Flat TVs can be bit bigger, and no Wi-Fi in the rooms. You can use it for free in the lobby or connect by the cable in your room.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SauliusAd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rakvere
Hotel Wesenbergh
#1 of 9 in Rakvere
Posti Kulalistemaja
Posti Kulalistemaja
#4 of 9 in Rakvere

Been to Aqva Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!