“very romantic”
Review of Aqva Hotel & Spa

Aqva Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rakvere
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We spend romantic weekend in the hotel.It was many different saunas and pools and delicious cocktails.Breakfast was excellent and rooms was very cozy.You do not have to go to the city because all that you need as available at hotel.

Room Tip: the most cozy is XL-rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Many different pools and saunas, including infra red. The spa center is definitely worth visiting, it is among top 3 in Estonia.
Breakfast is served at the restaurant. There is a nice selection of everything and the food is good. Lounge Fresco is a nice place for dinner if you like pizza and pasta.
Spa treatments are completely over priced. A 50 € massage here feels just the same as a 20 € massage somewhere else. There is a wide selection of massages on the 'menu', but most of them are the same really.
The rooms are ok, but could use some work (many stains and scratches). I would recommend staying somewhere else and just visit the spa. For this price you can get better.
The staff are friendly and helpful, but sometimes fail to provide accurate information (regarding spa treatments and room prices). For this reason we ended up paying about 1/3 more for the room than expected. Not cool...

Room Tip: Get an XL room, if you can. Looks a lot nicer than the standard.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EvaEST
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have been there several times with my family and we love the place. It looks very nice and beautiful. The carpets look like water for example. We had superior room and there was plenty of room for me, my wife and 3 kinds.
We really like the pools and saunas. The water is warm in every pool. There are several options for kinds and even 1 year old can have a lot of fun on small slide. There is cool black water slide that I enjoy. A lot of sauna options.
The restaurant have been disappointment. They have no vegan options, food was overcooked and waiter forgot to bring wine. I have written full review to the restaurant review page under restaurant Mezzo which has been renamed to Fiore
I would go back to hotel and spa, but not to restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Lovely staff, good service, clean and nice rooms. Just perfect!
Stayed here for two weeks and had a lovely time.

The two restaurants in the hotel are really good. Menues not updated sadly so no duck, but there were other good alternatives!

Pool area is really nice and relaxing. Spa treatments are also both cheap and good!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We were having a boring rainy day in Tartu and wanted a spa day; someone suggested we go to Aqva. So we hop in the car and drive to Rakvere; we had no idea what we were getting into -- Aqva was amazing!

The reception staff were very nice from the moment we walked in and explained the fees and rules of the facility in detail. We dropped by the spa and booked a mud treatment with the extremely helpful spa staff, then up to our standard double room. It was a decent size, very clean, and the bed comfortable. We dropped our luggage and ran off to the water park!

The water park is enormous! A giant wave pool, a water slide with trippy lights inside, hot tubs, kids' area, and then the sauna facility. I had no idea there can be so many types of saunas and steam rooms! We spent the whole evening and the next morning in the water park and sauna center without getting bored. The spa treatment we booked was surprisingly fun.

We ate at the more expensive restaurant of the two that evening (the other one had TVs). We were happy with our experience: though expensive, the food was extremely delicious - high quality and perfectly prepared.

The included breakfast was also great! Huge selection of very good food: fish, cheese, cold cuts, eggs, bacon, kefir, yogurt, cereal, etc.

In all, our stay was excellent and we'd recommend it highly to anyone who wants to spend a day indoors bouncing between saunas and pools and water slide!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy L
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I love the spa, its absolutely awesome- saunas, pools everything is super! But I would recommend people to book another hotel and just visit the spa. There are excellent hotels in Rakvere that are up to 10 times cheaper! In case you do not know- Rakvere is sooo tiny so there are hotels very close to aqva that cost fraction of the price of this one. This hotel is overpriced, always packed, usually full of loud russians. But the spa is definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KaisaJoe
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This hotel is located in an oldish, quiet town of Rakvere. I was fascinated with the possibility of enjoying something so luxurious in a place like this. Walking around the town, you see old, beautiful houses, the castle is located quite close to the hotel, and right outside the hotel, you see a lovely little pond with a bridge over it and a church right by it. And when you walk inside the hotel, it is like a totally different world.

The hotel lobby has lovely interior, very decorative, but it all goes along with the theme. The restroom in the lobby is amazing, so beautiful decor. The restaurants Mezzo and Arabella are located on the entrance floor.

Our room was located on the 3rd floor. I suppose 2nd floor would have been more convenient for visiting the water park area since that was on the 2nd floor. The room was nicely decorated, following the overall theme in the whole hotel. Everything was tidy and we had a view towards the church. Room had everything we needed, and enough space for us, but nothing large. It was pretty similar to the average room sizes in Tallinn. There was lots of space in the wardrobes. Bathrobes were waiting for us on the beds, and there was also extra pillows available. They cleaned the rooms every day and clean towels awaited us on daily basis. The water park has its own towels so you don't have to bring along them from your room.

The water park was accessible with a wrist band. Also, the lockers inside there, were locked by the wrist bands, but unfortunately many of them were out of order. Shower facilities were fine, enough shower stands there, pressure could have been better though. There was one basic sauna in the shower area. The pool area had lots of choices. I really enjoyed the pool with the waves and interval rains, a lovely experience. The same pool continued to the other side with many different types of jets along the pool side. There was an outside pool that you could swim into from inside. It was enjoyable to swim there when it was actually raining, but I bet it's even more lovely in sunshine. The lower level had two jacuzzis and the sauna complex, which included different kinds of saunas, of which I most enjoyed of the infrared and aromatic saunas. You can also find hot and cold showers that give you needle-like showering all over the body, that was interesting and very stimulating experience. A dip into cold water is also possible here. Upstairs, there was a pool for more serious swimmers, and this is also the only pool that they open during the morning swim time. There were also few other pools in the main area for children and a long tube slide. There is a bar there, too, and you can buy things from there under your room bill, and surprisingly, you are allowed to take the drinks in all the pools.

We both had pre-booked spa treatments in the Emeraude Spa. On general note, I would say that all the treatments are excellent in their own way, unless you get unlucky with a poor employee. My bambu massage was ruined by this. The only reason I know that I was missing crucial things is that my sister also went with the same treatment with a different person, and her experience was totally different. The shanghai massages are probably the best ones out of all the massages they offer. I only had the foot massage, but boy, do I wish I had gone for the full body instead. Rasulbad is an amazing experience, and I warmly suggest that for everyone. My only regret with that is that I didn't bring along my camera!

We both also had spa treatments at Alessandro Spa. I have never had such good peeling of the hard parts under the feet, they used a totally different technique than I've ever seen.

The breakfast is served at Mezzo, and it's really abundant and delicious. But if you want to have a piece of the salmon, be there early. We also dined at Mezzo on our first night, and their menu is pretty good, with lots of choices. Tables are set beautifully, and the food is excellent. The decorations are luxurious.

We also dined at Arabella one night, and they serve more of the everyday food, but it's good and delicious. When we wanted a wine that they didn't have on their menu, they went to get it from Mezzo. Our waiter was absolutely fantastic, and very committed to his work, unlike the experience we had at Mezzo. The decorations were not luxurious, quite the contrary, but very fitting to the atmosphere and type of food they serve.

They don't really advertise their client card at the reception, but it's well worth it to buy it for 10 euros if you plan to have treatments and eat at the hotel since you get 10% off from the prices. My sister bought the card, and all the discounts applied to me also. In addition, you get some discounts at local places, for example, at Turuplatz restaurant. We only wish we had known this earlier, and we would have saved even more.

I really enjoyed my stay here, wish it had been longer than 4 days, but I will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank whippo2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rakvere
Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa
#1 of 9 in Rakvere
Art Hotel
Art Hotel
#2 of 9 in Rakvere

Been to Aqva Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!