“Old Town Charm Restaurant”
Review of Dominic

Dominic
Ranked #5 of 981 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Dominic Restaurant in the heart of Old Town of Tallinn is a cosy dining place for all worshippers of European cuisine. Wine enthusiasts can choose their favourite from among 400 different wines. Restaurant Dominic won "Best Restaurant" and "Best Chef" categories at the Silverspoon Awards 2012 held by the Gastronomy Society of Estonia.
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The first week of November is regarded as Tallinn "restaurant week" where many restaurant offers a special deal for an appetizer and main course with a discount of up to 50 % - fixed menu. Reservation has to be made in advance and since we were 6 we were lucky to get a table for lunch. For appetizer we enjoyed the Tuna with some sort of a mousse it was really really good ! The regular price is 9 Euros. For main they served roasted duck with duck liver in red wine sauce with mashed potato - oh, dear was that delicious !!! Absolutely the best duck I ever had !! The regular is 15 Euros. We paid 10 Euros and I will definitely recommend this menu - even for the regular price, it's really that delicious. You won't regret it.

1  Thank winniebjornhof
There are newer reviews for Dominic

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Dominic was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had.
My starter of crab risotto with perfect cooked scallops was to die for!
For main, I had the beef which was perfection... Literally melt in your mouth.
The sorbet to cleanse the palate was a nice touch.
The service was impeccable & all dishes reasonably priced - especially considering the high quality of the ingredients.
I couldn't recommend this restaurant highly enough. A must-visit when in Tallinn.

2  Thank Rach4pm
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This was a business dinner but in Dominic you would be equally at home for a romantic dinner or a meal with friends. The interior of the restaurant is splendid - the building dates from the 15th century and exudes character. But it is not just a pretty place!
We (party fo 6) had all been given an ‘’amuse bouche’’ of melon and ham. My starter was a delicious crab risotto (perfect portion,) with scallops (X 2). It was beautifully presented. Colleagues chose the ‘vitello tonnato’ or the goat cheese salad with smoked salmon. All were delighted with their choices. We washed the food down with a lovely Gavi di Gavi.
After the starter we were given a light blackcurrant sorbet with a dash of sparkling wine. Then for main course, three of us chose the cod with a lobster sauce and the others chose duck, beef and lamb, all beautifully presented and enjoyed with a fine italian red from the extensive wine list.
I didn’t have a dessert but I was rather envious of I’s chocolate cake – it looked just simply fantastic (and seemed to please).
The service was very good. Overall, in terms of attention to detail, Dominic scores very highly -the home-made bread was delicious.
A really good evening.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have been lucky enough to eat here on several occasions now. I would say that this is one of the pricier restaurants in Tallinn (of which there are many), but Dominic truly delivers on all that it does.

I really enjoy going in winter, when the dining room is all cosy and toasty offering a haven against the somewhat awful elements of the weather! Upon entering your coat is taken and you enter the dining room where there is often a pianist playing gently in the background. The ambience is amazing.

The sommelier then comes to your table - each time they have been very knowledgable and offer their advice in a very non pushy manner. I always go for the prosecco aperitif, very nice start to the dinner.

The menu offers a range of dishes and I think there may be one or two vegetarian dishes; however, I cannot be certain as when in Tallinn, meat or fish is usually the order of the day! The food is well presented and tastes superb. Portions are sizeable enough and the waiting team always check that you are happy with everything during the meal, although as I said, the service is unobtrusive.

This is most definitely one of my favourite restaurants to eat at when in Tallinn and probably actually one of my favourites I have ever eaten in. The combination of food, service and wine make it a stand out offering on the Tallinn market and one should try their best to get a reservation - this can at various times of the year be tricky. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.

1  Thank twickenhamteacher
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We chose this restaurant for our last meal in Tallinn following other reviews on Trip Advisor, plus we liked the menu. Being a Sunday night it was relatively quiet. Unfortunately, we had a rather loud multinational government group eating near us, luckily they left halfway through our meal. We did learn quite a lot about farming cows in different countries, though!
The food is excellent and accompanied with appropriate amuse bouche. Instead of bread we had freshly baked mini cheese scones which were delicious. This was a bit more expensive than the other restaurants we had eaten in but it was a bit more formal. As a result the service was not quite as friendly and relaxed although the waiters did warm to us as the evening wore on. We enjoyed our meal here nevertheless.