“Food is not good”
Review of Artemis - CLOSED

Artemis
Price range: US$4 - US$35
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We came from Greece to share our traditional food with you. Besides the excellent food experience, the Artemis tavern will offer you a taste of Greek hospitality and we can offer a glass of ouzo in a friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I ordered something along the lines of a fillet of beef with salad but ended up with a greasy, fatty burger and a chopped tomato. Nobody else was in there and it was lunch time, so maybe I should have known better!

1  Thank AnonymousUser0084845
ILIASTallinn, Owner at Artemis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2012

Hello,
We just saw your review for our restaurant. We are very sorry that you felt that way....Although i have to say that if you read the catalogue more carefully you would see that Bifteki Artemis that you ordered was meatball with feta feeling. and it was not beef. Probably you mixed the words because as a greek restaurant i have the names of each food with the greek names and under that i have the ingredients of every plate in 4 different languages.
ENGLISH including. You could also check our web page to see what i am saying. So to the waitress who served you, you ordered BIFTEKI ARTEMIS and not BEEF FILLET... So i would like to know if you liked the food that you ate or not and not be ironic about how much croudy was or not my restaurant. Thank you in advance
P.S. I hope you are not like the midle european citizen that for every bad thing that happening in his life blames GREECE.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

I had a few hours to kill in Tallinn on my way back to helsinki so I decided to grab a real meal and thought Greek sounded good. Best Greek I've had in this part of the world. Little more expensive than I would have liked and the wait was a bit long, but they comped me a schnappes because of the wait. I had the souvlaki with potatoes and 2 beers, set me back about 20 euros. All in all, not bad.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Following a good review in the 'Tallinn in your pocket' guide, we had dinner here one evening. Vine leaves to start were okay but nothing special. Main course was a mix grill plate for two. Perfectly acceptable but again nothing special. Wine prices are ridiculous. 30 euros on average so we didn't bother. Stick to beer or soft drinks as prices for both are average. Service was the one thing that was better than average.

Reviewed 3 August 2011

Had a yummy Greek salad & tzatsiki with pitta here. The salad was fresh and delicious and the tzatsiki was amazing! Great value, friendly service and a lovely meal with lots of vegetarian choices. Couldn't have asked for more.

Reviewed 18 May 2011

Food at Artemis was really delicious. The Chicken souvlaki (grilled chicken on a skewer) were exceptionally good. Pancake with chocolate dressing and ice cream was also good albeit a bit more ordinary than souflakis. The staff was very friendly and the chef even came to check for customers every now and then. The place is quite small and we were visiting the restaurant in the early afternoon when it was quite quiet but I would guess the place would be full of people later on.

1  Thank Turo77