“Lahemaa/ Legends of Tallinn”
Review of EstAdventures

EstAdventures
Ranked #3 of 64 Tours in Tallinn
More attraction details
Owner description: EstAdventures provide handcrafted tours in Tallinn and Estonia. We make tours that pierce the tourist bubble. Scheduled small group tours depart every day from May to September. Private tours available year round.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Throughout the rest of my Europe trip I have been in constant search for a tour/tour guide on par with Estadventures. I am yet to find anything as comfortable and informative. Andrew was exceptional at what he does and I left Estonia with plenty of knowledge and experience. I did the Lahemaa National Park tour and liked it so much that I booked the Legends of Tallinn for the next day. The tours certainly aren't typical and I got to explore parts of Estonia I never would have plus it certainly helped that Andrew was very likeable.

EstAdventures, Owner at EstAdventures, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thanks for the review Courtney. It was great to show you around. Hopefully we will see you again for a future visit to Estonia at some point, or perhaps when I stop for a pastry in Melbourne!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have been dreaming of visiting Estonia for many years, and Andrew Meek, as our tour guide, brought depth and meaning to our experience there. By the end of our two days with Andrew, he felt like a friend--one who was exceptionally patient in answering our many questions. If, like me, you mostly travel for the food, you'll be happy to know that I had some of the best meals of my life in restaurants and cafes that Andrew took us to or recommended to us. If you are lucky enough to make it to this small, lovely, spirited country, have Andrew or his team at EstAdventures show you around.

Hi Erin,

Thanks so much for leaving your review. It was a real pleasure to guide you on both tours. I hope Karl has recovered from banging his head!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is an excellent tour run by a professional, personable, and reliable company. I had the pleasure of having Andrew as my guide and he is very knowledgeable about Estonia's history, culture and environment. I highly recommend this day trip. In fact, if you are traveling all this way, please do yourself the favor of exploring these sites outside of Tallinn.

Than you very much for your review. It was a pleasure to have you on the Lahemaa tour.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My friend and I went on a walking tour to discover Tallinn's Soviet history. Our guide was the owner of EstAdventures himself, Mr Andrew Meek. Andrew showed a great breadth of knowledge on the Soviet history and legacy in Tallinn, which covered on our tour the Sõprus building, the Writers Union building, the Linnahall, the Hotell Viru, several Stalinist and other Soviet era buildings in the city centre (including the former Beryozka and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs building), the Soviet War Memorial, and the statue graveyard at the back of Maarjamäe museum. We also had a nice coffee break at the Kohvik Narva.

In addition, it was evident that Andrew's knowledge of Estonia extends beyond the breadth of any given tour, as there were many side discussions, and he was able to answer all of our questions, including on how it was like to run a business in Estonia!

Warning: Be prepared to WALK on this tour!

Overall, it was an extremely informative and enjoyable (if tiring!) experience, and I highly recommend the tour, especially given how there is a determination to try and erase the Soviet memory from the national consciousness.

Btw Andrew, if you're reading this, I DID pick up a copy of 'Disco and Atomic War', and I'm really looking forward to watching it!

1  Thank shixianhuangdi
EstAdventures, Owner at EstAdventures, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thanks very much for the review. I think after watching Disco and Atomic War you can come back and start guiding for EstAdventures. I don't think I have ever had such a well informed tourist on a tour! It was great to have you on the tour, see you back in 2019 for the next song festival!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had an excellent introduction to the city via the walking tour provided by EstAdventures. Our guide, Piret, was very knowledgeable and pleasant. It was a most enjoyable morning and the tour was the perfect way for us to begin our stay. Tallinn is a beautiful city and the Estonian people are most welcoming!

EstAdventures, Owner at EstAdventures, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thanks for adding your review Paul. I'm glad we gave you an enjoyable introduction to Tallinn.